Footballing Frauds

Guest BooBoo

Anyway, footballers that dont deserve reputations as good footballers:

Frank Lampard

John Terry

Jamie Carrager

Dirk Kuyt

Oba Martins

Unbelievable statement. I'm at a loss for words.

ok they are good footballers, (apart from kuyt and martins), but they are all stupidly overrated.

I think all the players on Toon Argy's list are quite good. Except for maybe Carragher....he is kind of what I see taylor being during his prime. Terry is quite dominant. Oba is very talented imo, and has been productive throughout his career. Taylor suffers from what Raul suffers from. Fans want to discredit him because of the class around him. This is somewhat true...Deco and Ballack are both great players with international pedigree, while Mikel and Essien control both dominating ease (well Mikel does it with ease, while Essien is more of a workhorse.) But you can't deny his goal record. Show me another midfielder that matches it, and you'll be showing me a world class footballer.

Kuyt is also good. He is a dedicated footballer who contributes to his team. He is not amazing or anything, but he has scored a ton of goals in Eredivisie, then he comes to Liverpool and joins Gerrard in scoring the typical late Liverpool winners. It's not luck...he has a knack.

My pick would be Gary Neville. He is actually a lot like his brother in my opinion. He is just ok. I really see why United don't use some of their unlimited cash to get a better younger right back.

Guest Toon Argy

Anyway, footballers that dont deserve reputations as good footballers:

Frank Lampard

John Terry

Jamie Carrager

Dirk Kuyt

Oba Martins

Unbelievable statement. I'm at a loss for words.

ok they are good footballers, (apart from kuyt and martins), but they are all stupidly overrated.

I think all the players on Toon Argy's list are quite good. Except for maybe Carragher....he is kind of what I see taylor being during his prime. Terry is quite dominant. Oba is very talented imo, and has been productive throughout his career. Taylor suffers from what Raul suffers from. Fans want to discredit him because of the class around him. This is somewhat true...Deco and Ballack are both great players with international pedigree, while Mikel and Essien control both dominating ease (well Mikel does it with ease, while Essien is more of a workhorse.)

Kuyt is also good. He is a dedicated footballer who contributes to his team. He is not amazing or anything, but he has scored a ton of goals in Eredivisie, then he comes to Liverpool and joins Gerrard in scoring the typical late Liverpool winners. It's not luck...he has a knack.

My pick would be Gary Neville. He is actually a lot like his brother in my opinion. He is just ok. I really see why United don't use some of their unlimited cash to get a better younger right back.

Neville was good before this injury that has kept him out for ages.

Guest POWNATS

Adebayor.

Better than Drogba.

Bloody hell, you're serious aswell.

Close between the two but Adabayor is better in my opinion.

your either on a wind up or your Arsenne Wenger

Adabayor will outscore Drogba this season and be the better player over the course of the season in my opinion.

Interesting......

Ok we take it on even time spent on the pitch, i'll have a hundred quid with you?

I also feel Drogba, despite being a cheatin petulant shit of a bloke brings more to the team

Anyway how about the bet?

Guest Toon Argy

Adebayor.

Better than Drogba.

Adabayor will outscore Drogba this season and be the better player over the course of the season in my opinion.

Interesting......

Ok we take it on even time spent on the pitch, i'll have a hundred quid with you?

I also feel Drogba, despite being a cheatin petulant s*** of a bloke brings more to the team

Unlikely they will play the same amount of games

Guest POWNATS

Adebayor.

Better than Drogba.

Interesting......

I also feel Drogba, despite being a cheatin petulant s*** of a bloke brings more to the team

Thats what i mean, do it on time spent on the pitch, average per minute

Guest Toon Argy

Adebayor.

Better than Drogba.

Interesting......

Im not a betting man and i wouldnt bet 100 on a bet like that when i did say before its close between the two for me. I'l gladly have the bet for bragging rights though.

Guest POWNATS

Adebayor.

Better than Drogba.

Interesting......

Im not a betting man and i wouldnt bet 100 on a bet like that when i did say before its close between the two for me. I'l gladly have the bet for bragging rights though.

No worries, we,ll keep an eye on them this season

Think Wenger was desperate to sell him to Barca though and very nearly did

To think he would have gone for the same money as Berbatov

Guest Toon Argy

Adebayor.

Better than Drogba.

Interesting......

No worries, we,ll keep an eye on them this season

Think Wenger was desperate to sell him to Barca though and very nearly did

To think he would have gone for the same money as Berbatov

I'd say he's up there with Berbatov IMO. You have to remember Berbatov doesnt start playing well until the xmas period.

Guest Toon Argy

Adebayor.

Better than Drogba.

No chance. Adebayor is one of the most overrated footballers to walk on this earth imo.

Adebayour misses more chances than any other Premiership football FACT.

OK it isn't but it certainly seems that way.

Henry used to miss alot when he was younger

Guest sittingontheball

Rooney's not a fraud, but he's a class player, but he's not developed to his full potential and wastes a lot of his energy and power.

One example would be Jonas skinning him in the right back position the other day. WTF was he doing there? How is he going to hurt the opposition? He was upfront with some young inexperienced kid. There is no way he should be dropping back into defence.

Another would be him giving that penalty away against Russia, that ultimately turned the tide on England's qualifying campaign. That time he was playing left back. Again there is no way he should have been there.  Credit to him for scoring the first goal, but he is far too potent a striker and far too clumsy a defender to track that far back. With his temperament, the fewer tackles he has to make the better. All it takes is for him to mistime one, tell the ref to ferk off and then get sent off. With all the great breakaways Man U have, its a complete waste having him follow the ball like some little kid back deep into his own half. I can't understand what Fergie is telling him. Its one thing to have your wingers track back, but Rooney is not a winger.  He's a striker.

As for footballing frauds, there are loads of different types.  For starters

1. Pace with no end product.

2. Midfielders who only knock it square

3. Blerks who fanny about, slowing everything down and killing attacking momentum

I think we all have different favourites for numbers 1 and 2. For number 3, I offer the Scott Parker piroutte. Anti-football at its worst. Again you have to wonder why it hasn't been coached out of him.

Robbie Keane

Robbie Savage

Robbie Fowler

Is this just a vendetta against Robbies?

Looks like a vendetta against utter cunts actually.

Trezeguet.

Yeah he's only scored 130 goals in 218 league games for Juve  :rolleyes:

You get the impression some people only see these kind of players when they're playing against English opposition in the Champions League, and if they have a bad game all of a sudden they are shite.

Raul, ffs?!