This new system of ours

Guest Howaythetoon

Perhaps his 28% win record this time around is why some people are not falling about the place over him walking out on the club for a second time?

next you'll be asking for Roeder back, he had an excellent win percentage.

It is a fact that this system has operated a smear campaign against KK, a man who has done more for NUFC than any man alive

You've said this a few times now - is it actually the truth?

I'm not as clued up on the history of the club as I would like to be so I'm genuinely not sure.

Well Wor Jackie is dead, Harvey is dead, Sir Bobby achieved good things here of course but not on the same level as what KK achieved so yes, KK has done more for this club than anyone alive. He saved us from relegation (twice you could argue) and took us to within 4 points of the title in just 4 years. The stadium we call home, Shearer's goal record, being able to sign Owen and so much more would not be possible without KK. Oh and Sir John Hall, who despite the stick he gets deserves as much acclaim as KK in many ways.

Being a big fan of Keegan I feel let down that he didn't stick with the job through thick and thin tbh. People complain about Ashley not being around to communicate with the fans, but where is Keegan?

You do seem to be putting Keegan on a pedastal here, Chris, but just look at his record. He's never won a major trophy. He's had a history of walking out of jobs. What success he's had has been when he's been able to outspend the opposition. His record in this second spell here hasn't been anything fantastic.

I think his confidence and enthusiasm for the game are quite brittle. You don't exile yourself and avoid watching a single game for three years if your motivation is as steady as it should be.

Of course I am, our club has been littered with more Souness' than Keegans, he was our Fergie. Looking back, what he achieved was phenomenal Bob. I don't think any one else could have done what he did for us at the time and it is no coincidence that after he left, we struggled for years to move on and I fear history will repeat itself once more.

Our Fergie? So far the career major trophy score stands at about 40 - 0 in Fergie's favour.

You do seem to be putting Keegan on a pedastal here, Chris, but just look at his record. He's never won a major trophy. He's had a history of walking out of jobs. What success he's had has been when he's been able to outspend the opposition. His record in this second spell here hasn't been anything fantastic.

I think his confidence and enthusiasm for the game are quite brittle. You don't exile yourself and avoid watching a single game for three years if your motivation is as steady as it should be.

He hasn't had time to do anything this time but I've seen better football than I've seen for years so he was heading in the right direction.  I know we've had some good games since Sir Bobby left and before Keegan returned but we haven't had enough of them and we haven't had much progress during that time other than when Souness left the club but Roeder wasn't good enough to build on the feel good factor.

Perhaps his 28% win record this time around is why some people are not falling about the place over him walking out on the club for a second time?

Anyone have any idea of what KK's win ration was after his first 8 months in charge ?

Looking at your sig we are +3pts better off with only 3 games played this year. The team he took over was mentally  shot to bits & the fixtures were hard to start with but he turned it around in the end iirc.

Of course I am, our club has been littered with more Souness' than Keegans, he was our Fergie. Looking back, what he achieved was phenomenal Bob. I don't think any one else could have done what he did for us at the time and it is no coincidence that after he left, we struggled for years to move on and I fear history will repeat itself once more.

Our Fergie? So far the career major trophy score stands at about 40 - 0 in Fergie's favour.

Fergie never walked out or quit on Man U either even during the darkest hours.

Guest Howaythetoon

In terms of how central he was to the whole club Bob, howay...

Perhaps some of that record was down to the previous manager?

Guest Howaythetoon

Darkest hours, like 20 odd trophies? :lol:

Darkest hours, like 20 odd trophies? :lol:

His darkest hrs were before he won any trophies at Man U HTT. I'm surprised you didn't realise that.

The way they have lied to the fans isn't wrong because they were lying, but because of the way it was lied?

The lying has nothing to do with the system if I'm right in thinking HTT is on about the DOF, if he's not then I've picked it up wrong. 

It does seem to be part of the system, though, with the statements that Wise's position was to bring in young players for the academy and report to Keegan, the statements from the owner that Keegan was the one who decided upon which players to bring in, and further that there would be investments to bring in more players, etc. In fact, the lies should be investigated as false advertising: people have bought season tickets under the assumption that Ashley was telling the truth.

But sure, my comment was off target.

Fergie hasn't managed outside of the top division and Keegan has won a trophy, he did it in his second season with us.  I'd love to see Fergie try to get a team away from the bottom of the second division and try to get them to within touching distance of the premiership title.

I'm not trying to say that Keegan is better but he's not as bad as that record would suggest.

His darkest hrs were before he won any trophies at Man U HTT. I'm surprised you didn't realise that.

Can only assume that Fergie was left alone to do his job as Manager of the club and was confident that he had the ability to turn it around.

No exactly the same scenario as Kevin's sadly

It does seem to be part of the system, though, with the statements that Wise's position was to bring in young players for the academy and report to Keegan, the statements from the owner that Keegan was the one who decided upon which players to bring in, and further that there would be investments to bring in more players, etc. In fact, the lies should be investigated as false advertising: people have bought season tickets under the assumption that Ashley was telling the truth.

But sure, my comment was off target.

The lies are part of the system because that's the way it's turned out, if they hadn't of lied and Keegan was responsible for everything we were made to believe then it would have worked.  The lies are the problem, not the scouting/DoF system.

Guest Toon Argy

clueless.

clueless.

He's been here since January and the only teams we've beaten are Fulham(h) Reading(h) Spurs(a) Sunderland(h) Bolton(h) and Coventry(a) and even they took us to extra time.

The way some people go on you would think we've sacked Jose Mourinho after winning us the treble.

Guest Toon Argy

clueless.

He's been here since January and the only teams we've beaten are Fulham(h) Reading(h) Spurs(a) Sunderland(h) Bolton(h) and Coventry(a) and even they took us to extra time.

The way some people go on you would think we've sacked Jose Mourinho after winning us the treble.

Allardyce ruined our season last season.

Fergie hasn't managed outside of the top division and Keegan has won a trophy, he did it in his second season with us.  I'd love to see Fergie try to get a team away from the bottom of the second division and try to get them to within touching distance of the premiership title.

I think Fergies trophy haul with a relatively small team from Scotland suggest he might be up to the task.

I think Fergies trophy haul with a relatively small team from Scotland suggest he might be up to the task.

So you would give Jim McLean a chance then?

The squad morale was so bad last season when KK came in that we were lucky to get that 28% ratio imo, especially when we had to play the top 4 (some of them twice as well!). Like it's been stated, he brings something extra and can motivate people. Anyone else and we would have been lucky to scrape away from the relegation zone.

Guest Toon Argy

The squad morale was so bad last season when KK came in that we were lucky to get that 28% ratio imo, especially when we had to play the top 4 (some of them twice as well!). Like it's been stated, he brings something extra and can motivate people. Anyone else and we would have been lucky to scrape away from the relegation zone.

:thup: