Zico "open" to Magpies post

Rich

Looking at the amount of Brazilians that were at his previous employers I get the feeling he would want to sign his own players. Zico is very outspoken the last thing Specky, Fatty & Wisey want atm is a outspoken coach who wants to do his own signings.

If the players he likes fall in line with the strategy set out by the club then I can't see why they wouldn't go for them.

What happens if they aren't in line with the strategy?

Then they won't get signed.

Souness, Roeder, Allardyce. That's who we appointed last time when the previous chairman decided to stick to British managers with Premier League experience.

Just go for the manager with the best attributes, philosophies, and working style that will suit both what the fans want and the managerial setup Ashley wants at the club.

Souness, Roeder, Allardyce. That's who we appointed last time when the previous chairman decided to stick to British managers with Premier League experience.

Just go for the manager with the best attributes, philosophies, and working style that will suit both what the fans want and the managerial setup Ashley wants at the club.

If Fat Mike plans on riding it out, then that's surely the only option going. The world has to keep on turning in some form.

I still can't see why he'll want to stay if he's not able to watch the games with the fans/wear the shirt, though. If he genuinely wanted to buy the club to have some fun, then surely those days are done with as some will never forgive or forget.

If Fat Mike plans on riding it out, then that's surely the only option going. The world has to keep on turning in some form.

I still can't see why he'll want to stay if he's not able to watch the games with the fans/wear the shirt, though. If he genuinely wanted to buy the club to have some fun, then surely those days are done with as some will never forgive or forget.

Even if he does look to sell he still has to get on with things until he finds a buyer.

I think those days are gone. Using the opinion of the people of Birmingham that I talk to at work, as outsiders, they see those antics very strange and think he is an utter joke. This is the image people have of him and it reflects on the club. The novelty has worn off now, its time for him to just enjoy the football and be sensible.

Even if he does look to sell he still has to get on with things until he finds a buyer.

If that's the case, then Zico would certainly make sense in that respect.

Football is incredibly fucked up these days, eh?

I think those days are gone. Using the opinion of the people of Birmingham that I talk to at work, as outsiders, they see those antics very strange and think he is an utter joke. This is the image people have of him and it reflects on the club. The novelty has worn off now, its time for him to just enjoy the football and be sensible.

Will he want to do that, though? He has said himself that his intention in buying us was to have a challenge and have some fun and that his favourite part has been the away trips and celebrating in the city after big wins. He can't do that now so it just becomes another business for him - one which probably won't make him any money. What is the point?

I can think of cheaper ways of having fun - getting a season ticket for one. I don't think there's any doubt he bought the club like any other business, to make a profit.

When I think of Zico - I'm thinking this is a high profile man who could potentially keep the peace with some of our players. They will be missing KK - but the likes of Owen, Given, Oba, Jonas, Colo, and perhaps Xisco and Nacho will like a big name like Zico.

I'd be happy with it.

Will he want to do that, though? He has said himself that his intention in buying us was to have a challenge and have some fun and that his favourite part has been the away trips and celebrating in the city after big wins. He can't do that now so it just becomes another business for him - one which probably won't make him any money. What is the point?

I dont think he will want to do that,  so what the answer is I dont know. Will he just get straight into it and see what flack he gets and take if from there ? Some risk, that.

Its all desperately disappointing. Personally I liked the whole thing. Seeing him with Coloccini on his shirt before the signing had been made official was one of the highlights of pre-season for me. Just feels like it will never be quite the same again.

I would be over the moon with Zico, he is a manager on the up with ambition and likes to play good football. Plus he will have the profile to attract players and keep players here. You can't hire Poyet when men like Zico and Terim are interested. :thup:

The biggest difference between my time in Japan and here at Fenerbahce is the organisational support and a fully-functioning club structure. I'm free to focus 100 percent on my work with the team here, and don't have to worry about anything which goes on away from the playing side.

O0

How good is his English?  How thorough is his knowledge of the Premiership?  What is his tactical preference?  Is he charismatic enough to win over the disillusioned squad? 

On second thought, who cares.  Just appoint him, see what happens.  Or Terim.  Or Poyet.  Or Houghton.  Anyone else finding this managerial search as about as exciting as doing your taxes? 

not sure about this one as he was often criticized for his tactics as Japanese national coach and having lived over there for 10 years plus he never even bothered to make an effort to learn the language and used an interpreter all the time which is pretty disgraceful IMO.........even their players overruled him in regards to tactics!

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sw20050330a1.html

Well anyways, here`s another link from a few months ago even expressing his desire to work in the EPL

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=721350

And judging by reactions of Fenerbache fans on another board, they were pretty pissed off when Fenerbache`s board got rid of him as we were with keegan

not sure about this one as he was often criticized for his tactics as Japanese national coach and having lived over there for 10 years plus he never even bothered to make an effort to learn the language and used an interpreter all the time which is pretty disgraceful IMO.........even their players overruled him in regards to tactics!

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sw20050330a1.html

Well anyways, here`s another link from a few months ago even expressing his desire to work in the EPL

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=721350

And judging by reactions of Fenerbache fans on another board, they were pretty pissed off when Fenerbache`s board got rid of him as we were with keegan

I thought he refused to sign another contract and left when it ran out?

No good at all as I mentioned on a previous post. His selections were quite often bewildering when he was in charge of Japan and I don't know where this attacking style nonsense comes from. Think of Souness, at least a Brazilian version and you won't be far off. I'd be gutted if Zico came.

asked some Fenerbache fans about their views on him and here`s a reply

Hmm, Newcastle might not be the best move for him, it could put his future in jeopardy should it not go well. And with that board, it could well go very badly.

You'll find a general consensus about Zico in our forum, so if you're looking for varying opinions this isn't the place to ask.

To the point, he's a manager much more than a tactician. He manages his players well and there's always a great mutual respect between them, most consider Zico to be like a father figure to them. He never criticises his players and always tries to get the best out of them with positivity.

Very, very respectful, humble man with a great aura about him. His mere presence will boost the club in a lot of ways, especially in England with the legend surrounding him after the Intercontinental Cup match against Liverpool in the early 1980s.

Tactically not the greatest, he won't build a machine that just works. He'll be relying on getting the best out of individuals, allowing capable players freedom through midfield, and generally his substitutes won't deliver because he made the right choice, but they'll deliver because they know he trusts them unconditionally and they're prepared to give their all for him.

Likes to work with his players on technical ability, he won't turn Michael Owen into Romario but he will work on the finer technical details of his players.

One drawback is that he prefers a lowered tempo, he likes his team to put their foot on the ball and think before acting. That might not work in the EPL where the game is generally of a higher pace, or at Newcastle who is now accustomed to Keegan's even higher paced game.

P.S - should he sign, you can expect the crossbar challenge crew to be heading out to Newcastle straight away. The guy still pings free kicks better than most current professionals.

Guest optimistic nit

asked some Fenerbache fans about their views on him and here`s a reply

Hmm, Newcastle might not be the best move for him, it could put his future in jeopardy should it not go well. And with that board, it could well go very badly.

You'll find a general consensus about Zico in our forum, so if you're looking for varying opinions this isn't the place to ask.

To the point, he's a manager much more than a tactician. He manages his players well and there's always a great mutual respect between them, most consider Zico to be like a father figure to them. He never criticises his players and always tries to get the best out of them with positivity.

Very, very respectful, humble man with a great aura about him. His mere presence will boost the club in a lot of ways, especially in England with the legend surrounding him after the Intercontinental Cup match against Liverpool in the early 1980s.

Tactically not the greatest, he won't build a machine that just works. He'll be relying on getting the best out of individuals, allowing capable players freedom through midfield, and generally his substitutes won't deliver because he made the right choice, but they'll deliver because they know he trusts them unconditionally and they're prepared to give their all for him.

sounds exactly like kevin keegan these bits.