Zico "open" to Magpies post

Rich

Guest Jawesome

And me.  I've already stated on a couple of websites that I'd take the job.  I'm going to sign some of the most metal-as-fuck footballers in the world, and I'm going to start by making Colloccini my captain.

I'm getting sick of the current state, if its Zico so be it, I just want to get on with the football and back whoever comes in. Keegans gone, the setup is going to stay, so we might as well get behind the team. imo.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Better to take time to get the right man now rather than rushing in and having another circus in a year's time.

I hope they don't rush into a decision.

Never heard before

Better to take time to get the right man now rather than rushing in and having another circus in a year's time.

I hope they don't rush into a decision.

Never heard before

What?

Sorry, I forgot only ground-breaking and innovative posts are allowed on here.

Did anyone see Zico's Fenerbache? Because honestly they were immense, and were unlucky last season. They went far in the Champions League thanks to him. I mean come on! Im tired of this s*** you guys rather see O'Leary? Mancini? RIIIKJAAARD? Please, Mancini plays the most boring football ever and can't even beat Liverpool, Riijkaard doesn't have Ronaldinho to save his ass!

Please give me a break guys!

Did anyone see Zico's Fenerbache? Because honestly they were immense, and were unlucky last season. They went far in the Champions League thanks to him. I mean come on! Im tired of this s*** you guys rather see O'Leary? Mancini? RIIIKJAAARD? Please, Mancini plays the most boring football ever and can't even beat Liverpool, Riijkaard doesn't have Ronaldinho to save his ass!

Nice to hear that, to be honest I don't know a lot about most of these potential managers.

Exactly. Fener were impressive as fuck.

I think there will be an announcement before the weekend - the club have been preparing for this dispute even if they didn't engineer it (which they probably did).

I don't think we'll be appointing a new manager while there's a possibility of a buy out of the club by Ambani. If he's due to take over, he'll want his own manager.

Guest bertiemasson

Zico honours as Manager

* 2004 Asian Cup - Cup Winner with Japan

* 2007 Turkish Super League - National Champions with  Fenerbahçe

* 2007 Turkish Super Cup - Cup Winner with Fenerbahçe

Individual honours

* 1974 Brazilian Footballer of the Year - Placar Magazine (Brazil)

* 1974 - Set a goal record in a single season as a Flamengo player - 49 goals

* 1976 - Set a goal record in a single season as a Flamengo player - 56 goals

* 1977 South American Footballer of the Year - El Mundo (Venezuela)

* 1980 Brazilian Championship Top Scorer - 21 goals

* 1981 Libertadores Cup Top Scorer - 11 goals

* 1981 Intercontinental Cup Best Player

* 1981 South American Footballer of the Year - El Mundo (Venezuela)

* 1981 World Footballer of the Year - Guerin Esportivo (Italy), El Balón (Spain), El Mundo (Venezuela), Placar Magazine (Brazil)

* 1982 World Cup Bronze Boot

* 1982 World Cup All-Star Team player

* 1982 Brazilian Championship Top Scorer - 21 goals

* 1982 Brazilian Top Scorer of the year - 59 goals

* 1982 Brazilian Footballer of the Year - Placar Magazine (Brazil)

* 1982 South American Footballer of the Year - El Gráfico (Argentina), El Mundo (Venezuela)

* 1983 Player of the Year - World Soccer Magazine (England)

* 1984 Second highest scorer of the Italian League - 19 goals

* 1992 Japan Soccer League record for goals scored in consecutive matches - 11 goals in 10 straight matches

* 1995 Beach Soccer World Championship Top Scorer - 12 goals

* 1995 Beach Soccer World Championship Best Player

* Top Scorer in Flamengo's history - 508 goals

* Top Scorer in Maracanã Stadium's history - 333 goals

* World Soccer Players of the 20th century

* FIFA 100

Probably the best we can get and he wants to come. Has an amazing record as a player and been ok as a manager. Could potentially work with our cuntstrap of a system and get the players playing football how it should be played.

But no, we'll go with Poyet. The players will probably come out to the Only Fools & Horses theme tune aswell.

Guest Sniffer

Zico honours as Manager

* 2004 Asian Cup - Cup Winner with Japan

* 2007 Turkish Super League - National Champions with  Fenerbahçe

* 2007 Turkish Super Cup - Cup Winner with Fenerbahçe

Individual honours

* 1974 Brazilian Footballer of the Year - Placar Magazine (Brazil)

* 1974 - Set a goal record in a single season as a Flamengo player - 49 goals

* 1976 - Set a goal record in a single season as a Flamengo player - 56 goals

* 1977 South American Footballer of the Year - El Mundo (Venezuela)

* 1980 Brazilian Championship Top Scorer - 21 goals

* 1981 Libertadores Cup Top Scorer - 11 goals

* 1981 Intercontinental Cup Best Player

* 1981 South American Footballer of the Year - El Mundo (Venezuela)

* 1981 World Footballer of the Year - Guerin Esportivo (Italy), El Balón (Spain), El Mundo (Venezuela), Placar Magazine (Brazil)

* 1982 World Cup Bronze Boot

* 1982 World Cup All-Star Team player

* 1982 Brazilian Championship Top Scorer - 21 goals

* 1982 Brazilian Top Scorer of the year - 59 goals

* 1982 Brazilian Footballer of the Year - Placar Magazine (Brazil)

* 1982 South American Footballer of the Year - El Gráfico (Argentina), El Mundo (Venezuela)

* 1983 Player of the Year - World Soccer Magazine (England)

* 1984 Second highest scorer of the Italian League - 19 goals

* 1992 Japan Soccer League record for goals scored in consecutive matches - 11 goals in 10 straight matches

* 1995 Beach Soccer World Championship Top Scorer - 12 goals

* 1995 Beach Soccer World Championship Best Player

* Top Scorer in Flamengo's history - 508 goals

* Top Scorer in Maracanã Stadium's history - 333 goals

* World Soccer Players of the 20th century

* FIFA 100

What's your poiint? As we all know, brilliant players don't necessarily make successful managers. His track record as a manager looks a bit weak. Might as well go for Gordon Strachan as he wins in a two horse race as well.

I don't really know what i want yet.

On the one hand, if we appoint a manager within the next week, i can't see Ashley selling up in the foreseable future  because as it's been said the new regime will no doubt want their own man put in place.

BUT.... if Ashley's not selling up then i think we could do a lot worse than Zico. He seems to tick a lot of the boxes that the club seem to want (high profile, used to working within the clubs current structure, i would like to think experienced (not Poyet!)).

Maybe i'm just being pesamistic here (that's what supporting this team for well over 30 years does for you), but i just have a bad feeling that this will all end in tears again i.e. Ashley staying on not putting much money into team rebuilding and us getting Poyet then having to make do with a mid-table finish year in year out. Or worse still, let's be realistic, possible relagation fights.

I desperately need something to cheer me up like.   :dave: