Zico "open" to Magpies post

Rich

Zico honours as Manager

* 2004 Asian Cup - Cup Winner with Japan

* 2007 Turkish Super League - National Champions with  Fenerbahçe

* 2007 Turkish Super Cup - Cup Winner with Fenerbahçe

Individual honours

* 1974 Brazilian Footballer of the Year - Placar Magazine (Brazil)

* 1974 - Set a goal record in a single season as a Flamengo player - 49 goals

* 1976 - Set a goal record in a single season as a Flamengo player - 56 goals

* 1977 South American Footballer of the Year - El Mundo (Venezuela)

* 1980 Brazilian Championship Top Scorer - 21 goals

* 1981 Libertadores Cup Top Scorer - 11 goals

* 1981 Intercontinental Cup Best Player

* 1981 South American Footballer of the Year - El Mundo (Venezuela)

* 1981 World Footballer of the Year - Guerin Esportivo (Italy), El Balón (Spain), El Mundo (Venezuela), Placar Magazine (Brazil)

* 1982 World Cup Bronze Boot

* 1982 World Cup All-Star Team player

* 1982 Brazilian Championship Top Scorer - 21 goals

* 1982 Brazilian Top Scorer of the year - 59 goals

* 1982 Brazilian Footballer of the Year - Placar Magazine (Brazil)

* 1982 South American Footballer of the Year - El Gráfico (Argentina), El Mundo (Venezuela)

* 1983 Player of the Year - World Soccer Magazine (England)

* 1984 Second highest scorer of the Italian League - 19 goals

* 1992 Japan Soccer League record for goals scored in consecutive matches - 11 goals in 10 straight matches

* 1995 Beach Soccer World Championship Top Scorer - 12 goals

* 1995 Beach Soccer World Championship Best Player

* Top Scorer in Flamengo's history - 508 goals

* Top Scorer in Maracanã Stadium's history - 333 goals

* World Soccer Players of the 20th century

* FIFA 100

You know who else had a great record as a player and won something as a manager in Turkey? That's right...

;)

Looking at some people's opinion there is not much point in getting anyone in. The reaction to anyone will force him out within months

I'm just hoping that the upside of some people's reactionary attitudes and short term thinking is that they will be caught up in the excitement of a new boss, and therefore get behind the team.

Guest Sniffer

I honestly don't know.

Ideally I'd like ashley to sell up quickly and leave it up to the new owner. Hughton can deal with the team for now.

I honestly don't know.

Ideally I'd like ashley to sell up quickly and leave it up to the new owner. Hughton can deal with the team for now.

See, im in the camp where im still unsure - i still think Ashley has done good for this club - having said that even as a billionaire he doesnt have the finance to give us a great shot - my best bet is that he's stay until he makes the club stable and therefore more sellable and a higher price - theres no way in a million years that he's running scared and looking to offload asap.

Would love to have a young foreign manager with plenty of potential to build the club up, would be very welcome in my eyes.

I'm not waiting, sorry but i believe this to be our genuine chance to get back the football we all love, the entertaining one. Zico will get the best out of our players and give them confidence something that we have lacked ever since SBR. I mean we got potentially a good squad and can easily reach a top 6 if we get the best of our players. Keegan would have done that, Riijkaard, Mancini would never. Zico will if he gets this job trust me when i say this have difficulties in the beginning but as soon as he adapts 5-10 matches we will be on a rool, the confidence boost will be massive and for once St James will once again stand for ovations after the matches. And we might actually for once since SBR be decent at set pieces that is a massive advantage in todays football.

Can he speak English? I know half the dressing room is probably speaking Spanish these days but we still have the other half who don't.

Might not be as essential if Juande Ramos is anything to go by. Is he just lazy or slow at learning new languages?

Can he speak English? I know half the dressing room is probably speaking Spanish these days but we still have the other half who don't.

Thought Brazilians spoke portugese?