What's the difference...

Elliottman

In all honesty....

The signings we have made appear to be top notch signings, for relatively cheap prices. Obviously we cannot judge too much atm but like so far they have been class, especially spiderman.

If Wise is making these sort of signings, Ashley is saving this money, our debts are wiped ( ? )...do we really have anything to complain about the new regime as of yet?

If Keegan didn't like their plans in a way it's tough s****. We'll have someone who does fit into their plans. No one man is bigger than our club, dare I say it not even Shearer. I know this will spark a lot of debate....I just think that even though I too believe we are far from having everything fine and dandy, we are hardly in a crisis and therefore am most likely not going to be protesting, or at least not as extravagantly as a lot of others will be.

Anyhooo.....

What do you mean dare you say it not even Shearer? Shearer will never be as loved as Keegan is.

Might just be different generations, but Shearer means more to me than Keegan.

In all honesty....

The signings we have made appear to be top notch signings, for relatively cheap prices. Obviously we cannot judge too much atm but like so far they have been class, especially spiderman.

If Wise is making these sort of signings, Ashley is saving this money, our debts are wiped ( ? )...do we really have anything to complain about the new regime as of yet?

If Keegan didn't like their plans in a way it's tough s****. We'll have someone who does fit into their plans. No one man is bigger than our club, dare I say it not even Shearer. I know this will spark a lot of debate....I just think that even though I too believe we are far from having everything fine and dandy, we are hardly in a crisis and therefore am most likely not going to be protesting, or at least not as extravagantly as a lot of others will be.

Anyhooo.....

What do you mean dare you say it not even Shearer? Shearer will never be as loved as Keegan is.

Get out of town. :lol:

In all honesty....

Anyhooo.....

Why?

In all honesty....

Anyhooo.....

I can't believe you're questioning that TBH.  If you are 20 or under then at best you have a vague memory of 1 or 2 seasons under Keegan, but you spent the whole of your formative teenage years cheering on Shearer.  Of course for a lot of fans Shearer is more loved than Keegan.  And importantly that applies to younger players too.

*BTW I have no idea how old heza09 is, just voicing my opinion ;)

In all honesty....

Anyhooo.....

I can't believe you're questioning that TBH.  If you are 20 or under then at best you have a vague memory of 1 or 2 seasons under Keegan, but you spent the whole of your formative teenage years cheering on Shearer.  Of course for a lot of fans Shearer is more loved than Keegan.  And importantly that applies to younger players too.

I'm 18 mate.

Thing is Shearer is our record goalscorer at the club, and in the Premiership. I don't see how it was such a stupid thign to say no matter what age I am....?

It is because the reason NUFC were ever in a position to sign Shearer is (largely) because of Kevin Keegan.

Don't kid yourself that if Keegan hadn't did what he did in the 90's Shearer would have signed for us. Legendary player no doubt, but no way he would have came to Newcastle if he didn't think we could have challenged for the title.

In all honesty....

Anyhooo.....

I'm 18 mate.

Thing is Shearer is our record goalscorer at the club, and in the Premiership. I don't see how it was such a stupid thign to say no matter what age I am....?

Ah, as I said then, you probably only have a very vague memory of Keegan first time around.  And I agree, it was a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

We are in quite a unique situation having two genuine local legends in recent times. (arguably 3 if you include SBR)

In all honesty....

If Keegan didn't like their plans in a way it's tough shite. We'll have someone who does fit into their plans. No one man is bigger than our club, dare I say it not even Shearer. I know this will spark a lot of debate....I just think that even though I too believe we are far from having everything fine and dandy, we are hardly in a crisis and therefore am most likely not going to be protesting, or at least not as extravagantly as a lot of others will be.

Anyhooo.....

Which of our signings are top notch? Guthrie? Bassong? Xisco? Nacho? The former two clearly aren't, nor were they cheaper than one would expect, and you haven't seen the other two. Then there's Coloccini. He's good, but he didn't come cheap. Not at all. Jonas did come cheap, and has certain strengths, but for how long will people love him when they notice he's less creative than James Milner? He's scored exactly as many goals in his whole career as Milner did in his time here, and in twice as many games. His assist ratio isn't any better. But he runs more and faster. Basically, we have replaced Milner with an older but faster and even harder working version. So much for our youth policy.

In all honesty....

Anyhooo.....

This is just not true - if Shearer came in as manager and led the club to a trophy win, he would be every bit as popular ; he has spent more time at SJP than KK and is the club's record scorer - he also came to the club in his prime instead of Man U, so you are wrong.

Guest Toon Argy

In all honesty....

Anyhooo.....

I'm 18 mate.

Im 19 and Keegan means more to me than Shearer.

If we get a good manager and then win something or do well no-one will care about any of this.

This is something I've been grappling with as well.  All these talks of protests and other business, really who are they going to hurt?  I doubt Ashley is going to walk (he hasn't gotten to this point in his life/career by walking away from things like this) and I have a sneaking suspicion that if things are good on the pitch, all of this fallout will blow away - no one will care anymore.  No one is going to stand outside of SJP while we play entertaining and winning football inside - the Ultras can't even do it against Hull City.

Nobody knows if it was a financial wreck. If we didnt spend any money on transfer fees like we are now the debt would of been paid off within 3 years anyway.

Ashley paid off, what £150 mil of debt? I thin kthats a pretty serious situation for starters. & Ok, we havent spent a lot, goes without saying, but we still manage to have, what looks like, the best squad we have had a few years now qouldnt you agree?

I don't believe he has paid off the debt - merely shifted it into a holding company

Our net spend is peanuts since he came.  If he had paid off the debt - where is the cash? We have a tiny squad which has been trimmed re wage bill - where is the Sky cash, where is the season ticket cash?

It's all down to this hatred/mistrust of anything to do with Dennis Wise and/or londoners which is quite frankly baffling.

Say what you want about Wise, but the guy has tremendous contacts in the game, which are definitely beneficial to the club. Why people can't look past the player he was is beyond me.

It's a great point you make regarding Owen and Luque Elliotman.

What are these 'tremendous' contacts in the game?

There are also some important differances between those two sets of players.

between a board that buys Xisco and Gonzolez against a managers wishes and a board that buys Luque and Owen against the managers wishes and

a board that takes our club to the financial brink and a board that pays off all the debts.

Is it soley becuase KK was the manager this time? Im just realy trying to understand the hatred towards Ashley and co.

Im as pissed off as anyone with whats gone on, but im not getting the sheer anger aimed at the bloke compared to some of the positives he has brought too.

Or are we in a position now where we just want a Zillionaire in charge to come and buy any superstart who would think about coming?!

Genius question, i just cant get my head round whats going on at the minute!  :crazy2:

me neither. this Ashley hatred is stupid. nobody has the facts and just like sheep, they gravitate to the Messiah.

This is why we are always on the wrong side of the media.

We need gods/messiahs etc to put us all in a zombie state.

between a board that buys Xisco and Gonzolez against a managers wishes and a board that buys Luque and Owen against the managers wishes and

a board that takes our club to the financial brink and a board that pays off all the debts.

Is it soley becuase KK was the manager this time? Im just realy trying to understand the hatred towards Ashley and co.

Im as pissed off as anyone with whats gone on, but im not getting the sheer anger aimed at the bloke compared to some of the positives he has brought too.

Or are we in a position now where we just want a Zillionaire in charge to come and buy any superstart who would think about coming?!

Genius question, i just cant get my head round whats going on at the minute!  :crazy2:

Because this time we had a manager that cared about the club and actually resigned over the issue instead of waiting for a big fat payout. 

He also seemed to be taking the club in the right direction.

The main difference is depite the fact he was a fucking idiot who took the club to the brink of bankrupcy (allegedly), at least Freddy Shepherd had the courage to communicate with us. Mike Ashley, Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez and Derek Lambias don't have the respect or the balls to tell us what the fuck is going on. A lot of this tension and animosity could've been removed if they'd have just spoken to us but it's gone way beyond that now.

I personally think a lot of what they've done here has been really posivite, particularly with regards to not splashing money recklessly on players who have had their best years at other clubs, however it's become quite clear that the fans do not figure in their thinking and for that reason they will never have my support. 

Mike Ashley might own Newcastle United on paper but this is our club.

In all honesty....

If Keegan didn't like their plans in a way it's tough shite. We'll have someone who does fit into their plans. No one man is bigger than our club, dare I say it not even Shearer. I know this will spark a lot of debate....I just think that even though I too believe we are far from having everything fine and dandy, we are hardly in a crisis and therefore am most likely not going to be protesting, or at least not as extravagantly as a lot of others will be.

Anyhooo.....

Which of our signings are top notch? Guthrie? Bassong? Xisco? Nacho? The former two clearly aren't, nor were they cheaper than one would expect, and you haven't seen the other two. Then there's Coloccini. He's good, but he didn't come cheap. Not at all. Jonas did come cheap, and has certain strengths, but for how long will people love him when they notice he's less creative than James Milner? He's scored exactly as many goals in his whole career as Milner did in his time here, and in twice as many games. His assist ratio isn't any better. But he runs more and faster. Basically, we have replaced Milner with an older but faster and even harder working version. So much for our youth policy.

not a bad post. Jonas looks good to me but as you say, he's not got the best track record in terms of creativity. it's too early to judge him and the others. to get back to the original post, i remember people at the time being far happier with Owen and Luque (and Solano) than they are now with Xisco and Gonzalez.

me neither. this Ashley hatred is stupid. nobody has the facts and just like sheep, they gravitate to the Messiah.

This is why we are always on the wrong side of the media.

We need gods/messiahs etc to put us all in a zombie state.

Bollocks.

The main difference is depite the fact he was a fucking idiot who took the club to the brink of bankrupcy (allegedly), at least Freddy Shepherd had the courage to communicate with us. Mike Ashley, Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez and Derek Lambias don't have the respect or the balls to tell us what the fuck is going on. A lot of this tension and animosity could've been removed if they'd have just spoken to us but it's gone way beyond that now.

I personally think a lot of what they've done here has been really posivite, particularly with regards to not splashing money recklessly on players who have had their best years at other clubs, however it's become quite clear that the fans do not figure in their thinking and for that reason they will never have my support. 

I think people now realise Mort was the only sane one amongst that lot.

The main difference is depite the fact he was a f***ing idiot who took the club to the brink of bankrupcy (allegedly), at least Freddy Shepherd had the courage to communicate with us. Mike Ashley, Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez and Derek Lambias don't have the respect or the balls to tell us what the f*** is going on. A lot of this tension and animosity could've been removed if they'd have just spoken to us but it's gone way beyond that now.

so am i right in thinking that your angry and want them out because they havent communicated with you as well as you think they should have? Is that a good enough reason to want them out?

Im simply playing devils advocate here btw

Wasn't Freddy's favourite way to communicate not spouting shit to whatever tabloid reporter happened to have a tape recorder under the table?

I can do without that kind of communication to be honest. Seriously though, I don't remember thinking, 'wow, these guys are so great at communicating with the fans'. The only time I have thought that in recent times is when Chris Mort came in.

In all honesty....

Anyhooo.....

not a bad post. Jonas looks good to me but as you say, he's not got the best track record in terms of creativity. it's too early to judge him and the others. to get back to the original post, i remember people at the time being far happier with Owen and Luque (and Solano) than they are now with Xisco and Gonzalez.

didnt KK say Mallorca's top scorer scored most of his goals due to Jonas?! Have i been lied too?!

The main difference is depite the fact he was a f***ing idiot who took the club to the brink of bankrupcy (allegedly), at least Freddy Shepherd had the courage to communicate with us. Mike Ashley, Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez and Derek Lambias don't have the respect or the balls to tell us what the f*** is going on. A lot of this tension and animosity could've been removed if they'd have just spoken to us but it's gone way beyond that now.

ok, so if Mort was back, you would be happy and would stop all the "Ashley out" and "Boycott this and that" ranting?