Fat Ronaldo

Ember

Id take him - considering we have one 30+ striker i dont see the problem in having one more who has 10 times the talent and is probably just as lazy - Ronaldo is one of the few strikers, along with Van horseface who has that inane ability to score goals anywhere, at any time and at any level.

Not the direction we want to be going but an excellent stop gap acquisition for a year or so in my opinion. Might even pay for himself.

He obv can't accept that his hero was crocked and actually was rather s**** and about as mobile as Shola during his time at Milan, the guy like most Brazilians (see Ronaldinho Adriano) made his money and was happy with it. He'll be lucky if Flamengo take him on.

Are Ronaldinho and Adriano "most Brazilians" like?

Sorry would you care for me to list the countless other money grabbing Brazilians that finished careers or fell off early due to their lack of motivation? Denilson is one, but there are countless others, I think we both know you are being facetious .

He obv can't accept that his hero was crocked and actually was rather s**** and about as mobile as Shola during his time at Milan, the guy like most Brazilians (see Ronaldinho Adriano) made his money and was happy with it. He'll be lucky if Flamengo take him on.

when he was at Milan he managed more goals than Shola has in the last 3 seasons mate

alright, maybe not ten times. But when he was at Milan he had a goal record of better than 1 in 2. A lot better than Owen's. Last season at Milan before his injury he looked dangerous every time he got the ball

Someone who actually knows what they are talking about and are not showing clear ignorance.

alright, maybe not ten times. But when he was at Milan he had a goal record of better than 1 in 2. A lot better than Owen's. Last season at Milan before his injury he looked dangerous every time he got the ball

Someone who actually knows what they are talking about and are not showing clear ignorance.

He was indeed quality for Milan last season, but can you really see him returning to that form again and settle in the PL? Fair enough if you can, I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Guest Toon Argy

He was indeed quality for Milan last season, but can you really see him returning to that form again and settle in the PL? Fair enough if you can, I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Has been saying he wants to play for Brazil again so if he does he is going to have to work hard to get back fit. I'd have him for us any day.

I'm not advocating signing him btw. But the blatant ignorance towards Ronaldo is shocking.

I was entertaining the idea that we should try to sign him until I saw those photos of him very overweight and smoking cigarettes. As is said above, I doubt he'd come here anyway.

Maybe you could update your photo to the fat smoking one?

Guest Toon Argy

I was entertaining the idea that we should try to sign him until I saw those photos of him very overweight and smoking cigarettes. As is said above, I doubt he'd come here anyway.

Berbatov smokes doesnt he? I'm sure i read he does somewhere.

I remember seeing photos of Ginola smoking also.

Guest Toon Argy

I remember seeing photos of Ginola smoking also.

Rooney aswel?

Cruyff smoked, Zidane smokes. It means nothing.

My point was going to be would you not have any of them because they smoke

My point is that not only has he totally let himself go but he is smoking as well. Smoking isn't a professional thing for an athlete to do. It's not like eating a cream cake which can be run off.

I don't know if Rooney smokes or not but I'd bet Ferguson would kick his arse if he caught him.

when he was at Milan he managed more goals than Shola has in the last 3 seasons mate

I totally agree, but what you are forgetting is Serie A is a MUCH slower league than the premier league, the guy played with a brilliantly creative team where chances were laid on for him, he is not mobile what soever, and has glass knees.

I totally agree, but what you are forgetting is Serie A is a MUCH slower league than the premier league, the guy played with a brilliantly creative team where chances were laid on for him, he is not mobile what soever, and has glass knees.

He's still got pace man. And did you see some of his goals? He created them out of nothing as he has done all of his career.

Guest Toon Argy

He's really not got pace, watch I bet you at best Flamengo will sign him, he has no reason nor determination to get fit.

to play for brazil again and the title of this thread should be 'Real Ronaldo'.

He's still got pace man. And did you see some of his goals? He created them out of nothing as he has done all of his career.

absolutely

most of the goals he scored for Milan were very much a case of him getting the ball 20 yards out and making something happen with it tbh, and if you saw Milan last season or the season before they weren't exactly looking collectively creative.

as for pace, why bother man, people see a guy with a bigger build than the average footballer and write him off as slow, similar thing with Bramble. They dont realise that the more muscle there, there more force it can exert over a short distance.

Ronaldo was at his biggest in mid-2006, did it stop him raping defenders in La Liga for pace week after week? (goal against Barca at the Nou Camp case in point) did it f***.

What is it with him? only Klose managed more goals in the 2006 WC yet people were calling him the letdown of the tournament, absolutely unbelievable  :nope:

absolutely

most of the goals he scored for Milan were very much a case of him getting the ball 20 yards out and making something happen with it tbh, and if you saw Milan last season or the season before they weren't exactly looking collectively creative.

as for pace, why bother man, people see a guy with a bigger build than the average footballer and write him off as slow, similar thing with Bramble. They dont realise that the more muscle there, there more force it can exert over a short distance.

Ronaldo was at his biggest in mid-2006, did it stop him raping defenders in La Liga for pace week after week? (goal against Barca at the Nou Camp case in point) did it f***.

What is it with him? only Klose managed more goals in the 2006 WC yet people were calling him the letdown of the tournament, absolutely unbelievable  :nope:

What a bummer.