Croatia 1 - 4 England

midds

It's on Setanta tonight with a kick off of 8.00 pm

No highlights on terrestrial tv for the first time in about 40 years apparently.  ???

Were there highlights of the Andorra match?

Setanta are after £1million for the highlights to this game. They paid £5m for the rights and wanted to recoup 20%.

Apparently only 1million people have access to the game so they've paid £5 per viewer.

Out of business in a year with spending like that!

It's on Setanta tonight with a kick off of 8.00 pm

No highlights on terrestrial tv for the first time in about 40 years apparently.  ???

Were there highlights of the Andorra match?

Setanta are after £1million for the highlights to this game. They paid £5m for the rights and wanted to recoup 20%.

Apparently only 1million people have access to the game so they've paid £5 per viewer.

Out of business in a year with spending like that!

Not sure about the Andorra match but I read something this morning about the lack of coverage from ITV and BBC tonight.

Can't blame them like, the last few years of England games have been pretty shit in general. :(

No there were no highlights of the Andorra match either.

Sentanta have all the England WC qualifiers and a lot of the FA cup matches. twats.

Setanta are the most useless load of pricks around.  A couple of months ago I tried to get it on the special £6.50 offer to watch a couple of friendlies.  Tried online "sorry there's been an error please phone this number" after filling everything in.  So I phone the number and after 5 minutes listening to the recorded shit finally get through to someone who tells me I need to phone customer service.

So I ask him the wait while I get a pen to write the number down.  I come back to the phone and say ok, he says "ready?", I say yes and he says "Ok Goodbye" and hangs up!  So then I go to and the website to find the customer service number this backward irish tit was supposed to give me in the first place only to find customer service isn't even open.

Apparently England is the only country in the world where highlights of the national teams games are not available on terrestrial TV or for free.

How true that is I do not know.  One thing I do know though, is that it is a disgrace of a situation.

sure i'll be watching tonite, will be interesting to see what happens, will we get humiliated and if so what is capello's reasoning/response, if we win will we be the greatest international club in the world and become huge favourites to win the WC? You know what the media are like with the national side here!

I'm more annoyed about the FA cup final than some poxy England matches full of twats with facepaint. Every guy immediately becomes 'Joe Pundit' and tells their mates 'how it should be'.

Surely Setanta don't have exclusive coverage of the FA Cup final do they?

I'm more annoyed about the FA cup final than some poxy England matches full of twats with facepaint. Every guy immediately becomes 'Joe Pundit' and tells their mates 'how it should be'.

I thought that the FA Cup final was protected by law for being free to air

The FA Cup final is on ITV for the next few years. The FA Cup rounds will be televised by ITV and Sentanta each channel will broadcast 1 live game per round with ITV getting 1st choice.

Only 922,000 watched the Andorra game on Sentanta on Saturday. Sentanta wanted twice the previous rates for terrestrial tv to broadcast highlights for these games. MP’s this week have tried to get the broadcast laws changed to stop this happening in the future, but as Sentanta are purchasing from the foreign hosts you’d better get use to it.