Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

milner was an average premiership winger that we moved on for more than he was worth so that we could bring in a better replacement. this final bit never happened. though i never rated him we would've been far better placed to stay up had he stayed for the season because, since dyer and solano went unreplaced, he was the only right-winger at the club. testament to how unbalanced our squad was/is.

Villa can do better than him and will have to do so if they want to break into the top four.

milner was an average premiership winger that we moved on for more than he was worth so that we could bring in a better replacement. this final bit never happened. though i never rated him we would've been far better placed to stay up had he stayed for the season because, since dyer and solano went unreplaced, he was the only right-winger at the club. testament to how unbalanced our squad was/is.

Villa can do better than him and will have to do so if they want to break into the top four.

:thup:

Gillespie was the complete opposite of Milner. Fast as fuck with a good crossing technique. Milner, despite his constant turns left and right, is very predictible as a winger and his final ball is often aimed at nobody.. just throw it in there. 12 million is a great price for his limited ability and I don't blame Ashley for accepting that.

N'Zogbia on the other hand is a more complete player, despite his brainless dribble. As an attacking threat, he was miles ahead of any of our midfielders and Joe fucking Kinnear should've treated him differently.

Guest toonlass

Milner reminds me of a slightly better Keith Gillespie

beyond belief. There is nothing similar about them imo, Gillespie was twice the player

beyond belief. There is nothing similar about them imo, Gillespie was twice the player

Aye for sure, faster and better crosser oh and he could take the ball past a defender too

Aye for sure, faster and better crosser oh and he could take the ball past a defender too

jonas is the better footballer. gillespie is the better out and out winger.

I had an epic debate about Jonas with one of my best mates the other day, I still reckon it will click for him soon and he'll be class! Think he'll do a job in the championship if he's still here.

Not sure why I believe these things!

I had an epic debate about Jonas with one of my best mates the other day, I still reckon it will click for him soon and he'll be class! Think he'll do a job in the championship if he's still here.

Not sure why I believe these things!

i do aswell. i doubt it'll be here and in the championship though.

jonas is the better footballer. gillespie is the better out and out winger.

The comparison was with Milner mate, not Jonas

Can you think of one stand-out performance from Milner which made you feel, "wow, what a player"?

With Ginola, you had the battering of Neil Cox, Robert had the two belters against Spurs, Gillespie the anal raping of Sergi in the Barcelona match, Gutierrez his debut at Old Trafford...

Can't think of a single performance in his 3 full seasons here which will live in the memory like those above.

Can you think of one stand-out performance from Milner which made you feel, "wow, what a player"?

With Ginola, you had the battering of Neil Cox, Robert had the two belters against Spurs, Gillespie the anal raping of Sergi in the Barcelona match, Gutierrez his debut at Old Trafford...

Can't think of a single performance in his 3 full seasons here which will live in the memory like those above.

the only time I left a match thinking he'd played brilliantly was the Chelsea (h) last game of 04-05. We drew 1-1

He had a pretty good game in his last game for us IIRC.

Against Coventry mind.

True. Still not sure how we managed to go into extra time with that, that was one of the best performances from us I've seen in a long time.

I remember going to football the next morning and my team mate saying that it was the best performance he'd seen from any team so far that season. Ultimately meant shit though...

Against Coventry mind.

True. Still not sure how we managed to go into extra time with that, that was one of the best performances from us I've seen in a long time.

I remember going to football the next morning and my team mate saying that it was the best performance he'd seen from any team so far that season. Ultimately meant s*** though...

:lol:

Against Coventry mind.

I remember going to football the next morning and my team mate saying that it was the best performance he'd seen from any team so far that season. Ultimately meant s*** though...

:lol:

Seriously mate, I was as surprised as you are to hear it, he's a Liverpool fan as well. We did play pretty well that game, and it was very early in the season.

It was a good night that, long entertaining game. Great feeling about football - 3 games, 2 wins and a draw (against Man u no less)

how things had changed a week later, ruined a holiday I paid over 2 grand for  :rant:

I think people are far too over critical on Jonas tbf, he's a very good player and capable of playing for any team below the top 4 nevermind us.

Like him, as he's a player who can turn a defensive, nothing situation into an attacking one, and is great at keeping possession in tight situations, unlike everyone else in the squad (now that Viduka has left). His best games have also been against the top teams for the most part.

At the same time though, he's becoming a bit like Michael Owen in that he might well be a much more useful/effective player in a considerably better team, but that "better team" is not us, and won't be for a good few years now that we're no longer a Premiership team. So why have him in the team? The excuses or reasons of "it's the fault of those around him" won't translate to points on the board for us.

Would be worth looking into a Kieron Richardson type winger who may be more useful in the short term, providing we can sell Jonas for silly money of course.

Coventry was class, things lokked to be on the up.  First half especially we passed the ball better than at any time in the previous 5 years.  And then Milner handed in his request......and then..............oblivion!