Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

It seems like the debate isn't limited to our fans. I was talking to an Everton fan today who was adamant that he's absolutely shit, and then later the same day to a Forest fan who think's he's awesome.

I reckon he's awesome shit.

To be honest, how many players have left us recently and done pretty well since leaving, i make it Duff, Martins, Owen, Milner, prbably others as well who have done well since leaving us, the thing is is that all of them were written off as shit players who werent capable of too much yet are doing well in there current teams. Its very very hard to do well in a team that isnt doing well in attack. We arent outplaying any teams its literally that we actually have that extra quality and its coming through, Jonas is an example of someone who isnt really playing well but is just better than the opposition, another player who would easily join the above list.

He's a good player in a poor team.

I think he's decent at the job he does, but then i don't see him as a creative player. I was told he was a workhorse when we signed him and that's exactly what i've seen. I'm sure he'll do well enough elsewhere when he leaves, and i'm sure we'll get a spiffing replacement as always.

The positive media attention Owen's got for over a decade continues to fool these idiots, it's pathetic.

He still hasn't scored in any of his premiership starts. And only seems to make any impression whatsoever when exploiting tired legs, though he still doesn't manage to look dangerous.

Guest Heneage

To date the guy has scored 2 realitve easy goals against CSKA and Man City, and Barnsley, for the sort of praise he gets he should be netting a hat trick against the latter.

Guest firetotheworks

First impressions count with the media for some mad reason. Owen>Defoe according to the media, yet obvious such a suggestion is absolutely laughable.

Guest essayfc

It seems like the debate isn't limited to our fans. I was talking to an Everton fan today who was adamant that he's absolutely s***, and then later the same day to a Forest fan who think's he's awesome.

A lad at work watched the game on Monday and said "that Jonas is a bit s*** isn't he?".

He definitely seems to split opinions all over.

In my opinion he has little or no end product but he he nonetheless very effective in other ways. Away from home in that league he is a valuable outlet because he holds the ball very well and often wins corners and free kicks. It shouldn't be underestimated when you want to grind teams down. Arca was similar for us, not a great end product but could hold the ball all day.

He should have taken the offer of one of those small clubs that went after him, now he would have been starting in the Premiership every week. But nooooooo... he was blinded by ManU.

Let's be honest though, you're about to turn 30, you've just been relegated....Hull or Man Utd?

Guess the ironic thing for Owen is, he'd have probably had more chance getting picked by scoring 25-30 goals here in the Championship with us, than what he has by scoring the odd goal here and there as a bit-part player at Man Utd.

To be honest I doubt he ever had much chance either way. If he'd gone to, say Blackburn or Everton and got 15+ goals he might have gone to the WC... but that was never going to happen.

Anyway, Jonas!

To be honest, how many players have left us recently and done pretty well since leaving, i make it Duff, Martins, Owen, Milner, prbably others as well who have done well since leaving us, the thing is is that all of them were written off as shit players who werent capable of too much yet are doing well in there current teams. Its very very hard to do well in a team that isnt doing well in attack. We arent outplaying any teams its literally that we actually have that extra quality and its coming through, Jonas is an example of someone who isnt really playing well but is just better than the opposition, another player who would easily join the above list.

He's a good player in a poor team.

The point being that all the players listed were completely written off. All were said to have major flaws in there games that made them 'poor players', i think the technical word used to describe these player was "shit". Its all been said before and again and again people are being proved wrong, everything written about Jonas in this thread has been written in threads against Martins, Duff, Milner and Owen.

For what its worth, whilst i dont think Owen has been spectcular I do think he's showed glimpses of why he's a good player, something that was only seen a couple of times in his career at newcastle.

That miss by Jonas in injury time was absolutely dreadful. Totally amateurish by a professional, he had time to take a touch and sidefoot it, but instead just ballooned it into orbit. Other that that, i thought he looked our only real attacking threat. Very frustrating player.

That miss by Jonas in injury time was absolutely dreadful. Totally amateurish by a professional, he had time to take a touch and sidefoot it, but instead just ballooned it into orbit. Other that that, i thought he looked our only real attacking threat. Very frustrating player.

Yup, plenty of time and in that situation and should at least be making the keeper work.