Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Who are we realistically gonna buy next season that will improve the RB spot though?

I'd be very surprised if we buy a RB now we have Simpson permanently.

I agree. We've given him a long term contract for a reason.

Aye, because he was cheap.

Quite possibly, but at the end of the day because we want to use him as first choice RB for the next 3.5 years.

Read that and physically shuddered.

Who are we realistically gonna buy next season that will improve the RB spot though?

I'd be very surprised if we buy a RB now we have Simpson permanently.

I agree. We've given him a long term contract for a reason.

Aye, because he was cheap.

Quite possibly, but at the end of the day because we want to use him as first choice RB for the next 3.5 years.

Read that and physically shuddered.

I vomited just after writing it.

I made the earlier post about who we could get to improve the right back spot simply because I don't think we could - good full backs are hard to come by and it would cost a good few million to upgrade on Simpson, which just isn't gonna happen.

He's certainly seen as our long-term RB  :undecided:

I made the earlier post about who we could get to improve the right back spot simply because I don't think we could - good full backs are hard to come by and it would cost a good few million to upgrade on Simpson, which just isn't gonna happen.

On the bright side he's not Boumsong-bad... he's young and there's a chance we can work on his weaknesses (i.e. jumping in when he shouldn't and backing off when he shouldn't). I haven't given up on him completely.

On the bright side he's not Boumsong-bad... he's young and there's a chance we can work on his weaknesses (i.e. jumping in when he shouldn't and backing off when he shouldn't). I haven't given up on him completely.

The fact he's young is the biggest positive, he'll never get the coaching to iron out them aspects of his game while he's at this club though.

Simpson is absolutely average. He's competent at this level but would struggle most weeks next if we go up imo.

I'd be looking at buying another CH and playing Taylor at RB. Simpson, purely as cover, would be adequate.

Simpson is absolutely average. He's competent at this level but would struggle most weeks next if we go up imo.

I'd be looking at buying another CH and playing Taylor at RB. Simpson, purely as cover, would be adequate.

Another CH? Please not, one Chris Hughton is enough.

Another CH? Please not, one Chris Hughton is enough.

you can't have enough chris hughtons, i for one would like to see a double chicken dance celebtation

What people have to remember is though, is that Simpson has had fuck all in front of him since he's been here. Only now in Routledge has he had any one in front of him.

and he seems to have gotten forward a little (not massively but a little) more since he has been here imo.

Guest neesy111

all talking sense, need 6-7 players, saying smith and nolan not good enough for premiership

Merson said Smith was too good for Championship!

but not good enough for premiership which is right

must say, it was heartwarming hearing him talk about being here for years...nice little touch really

also glad to see them confirm my quote of "Messi, Mascherano, Jonas + 8" as i tell me mates that all the time and they never beleive me!