Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

I guess Michael Carrick's not cut out for the Premier League either then as he was outmuscled for a goal.

Carrick is NOT a CD - Central defenders' first job is to match the opponents forwards physically and stop them using their greater skills. If they can't do that(legally)they are  no use in central defence.

If they were more skillful, they would either be midfielders or forwards, and that requires  a different approach to the game.

Messi got tackled once.  Guess that's why he's chose to stay with Barca rather than sign for Wigan.

That's why he'll never be remembered in the same breath as Victor Moses.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest toonlass

Thinking back to last summer, and I can remember loads of negative comments about our South American and Spanish players (Xisco excluded), and about how they wouldn't want to play in the Championship and I think for a lot of people they were the most likely to leave, after Michael Owen of course. Well, not only did they play but they absolutely shone, they all seem to love playing for Newcastle, are prepared to graft and have all developed in this year. Its been brilliant to see.

I am chuffed he stayed and I hope to fk he does come back and is not sold, remember 1st game of the season vs Man Ure away, now exciting he was how much of a spunkfest MOTD had over him.

A lot then went on here and he like many other players suffered because of it, at least he had the arse to stick it out in a lower league credit to him for that.

Thinking back to last summer, and I can remember loads of negative comments about our South American and Spanish players (Xisco excluded), and about how they wouldn't want to play in the Championship and I think for a lot of people they were the most likely to leave, after Michael Owen of course. Well, not only did they play but they absolutely shone, they all seem to love playing for Newcastle, are prepared to graft and have all developed in this year. Its been brilliant to see.

Fuck sake!

Have you and Skirge forgotten that Jonas and Colo are on over £50k a week and after their gash performances of last season they were left with Hobson's choice regarding a move to another club, take a massive pay cut or stay with us. So please don't give them credit for making a no brain decision.

Let's see how they do against the big boys next season and if they can justify their inflated salaries.

If England don't win it really want the Argies to win. Go on Jonas lad.

Fuck that. I hope that cheating cunt Maradona gets knocked out in the group stages

I hope they have playercam on Maradona during games. Guarenteed entertainment that fella.

Fuck sake!

Have you and Skirge forgotten that Jonas and Colo are on over £50k a week and after their gash performances of last season they were left with Hobson's choice regarding a move to another club, take a massive pay cut or stay with us. So please don't give them credit for making a no brain decision.

Let's see how they do against the big boys next season and if they can justify their inflated salaries.

So how about the fact that they have actually performed and shown heart this season then?

If they were only interested in their wages they could have and would have played a lot worse. Their wages will have obviously been a factor, but to suggest that its the only reason they stayed and not give them any credit for their performances this season is ridiculous.

Guest toonlass

Fuck sake!

Jesus Humbert Christ!

Have you actually watched any games this season?

Fuck sake!

So how about the fact that they have actually performed and shown heart this season then?

If they were only interested in their wages they could have and would have played a lot worse. Their wages will have obviously been a factor, but to suggest that its the only reason they stayed and not give them any credit for their performances this season is ridiculous.

Right. They are on high wages for the Championship but for the premier it's pretty par for the course and both players are key for us next season as it stands. If we can get better players in then great but until we do then it makes sense to hang on to our few players of relative quality. 

Pissed me off no end at the start of the season but improved, especially after we signed Routledge. Still tries to do too much, runs into trouble more times than Joey Barton on a pub crawl and goes down quicker than I would on Cheryl Cole if she asked me.

Fuck sake!

There weren't exactly a queue of clubs knocking on our door desperate to take the Argies off our hands were there?

I think your omitting the fact that the "Championship" is vastly inferior to the Premiership, you can only appreciate how inferior it is by having your club compete in it, so if the players attitude was right they were entitled to outclass the vast majority of players they were facing on a weekly basis.

I agree that Colo and Jonas have looked good in the "Championship" but I'm still to be convinced that they have the character and mentality to do the same in the Premiership. I'm hoping like everyone else that our new found team spirit will allow the squad to compete next season, but I think it's vital that we get off to a good start for that to happen.

Fuck sake!

There weren't exactly a queue of clubs knocking on our door desperate to take the Argies off our hands were there?

I think your omitting the fact that the "Championship" is vastly inferior to the Premiership, you can only appreciate how inferior it is by having your club compete in it, so if the players attitude was right they were entitled to outclass the vast majority of players they were facing on a weekly basis.

I agree that Colo and Jonas have looked good in the "Championship" but I'm still to be convinced that they have the character and mentality to do the same in the Premiership. I'm hoping like everyone else that our new found team spirit will allow the squad to compete next season, but I think it's vital that we get off to a good start for that to happen.

I could pick a few faults with both Colo and Jonas but character and mentality wouldn't figure among them. Coloccini has maintained a fantastic record of missing very few matches through injury, and Jonas covers more area of the pitch than probably any other player at Newcastle.

Colo and Jonas are some of the few players we have with notable talent. Last players anybody should be criticising.

They were the two players worth watching on Saturday against Ipswich.  Jonas tried to take the game to Ipswich even if he did go at one player too many.  Coloccini again looked class at the back and did everything with ease, his reading of the game is first class although he's sometimes a little slow to act.