Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Colo and Jonas are some of the few players we have with notable talent. Last players anybody should be criticising.

I don't know, I still think we can be justified in questioning Jonás' consistency and general footballing knowledge of whats going on around him.

Colo and Jonas are some of the few players we have with notable talent. Last players anybody should be criticising.

I don't know, I still think we can be justified in questioning Jonás' consistency and general footballing knowledge of whats going on around him.

I still think it's his final ball that lets him down, if he worked on that then he would be such a great player for us.

I fear that he goes somewhere else and works out what to do on his final ball and make him a complete players, which always seems to happen to us.

If he worked on that he'd be at Real Madrid or Barcelona, not Newcastle. Think we have to accept his flaws and appreciate what he does bring to the team, else he'd be a £20m winger playing in the Champions League rather than just a very good £7m player.

If he worked on that he'd be at Real Madrid or Barcelona, not Newcastle. Think we have to accept his flaws and appreciate what he does bring to the team, else he'd be a £20m winger playing in the Champions League rather than just a very good £7m player.

This. We could never keep the player we want him to be.

I wonder if we have seen the last of him?

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a half-decent world cup, some team will bid something ridiculous for him and Ashley will bite their hand off.

This. We could never keep the player we want him to be.

Or buy the player we want him to be. I agree with SSR, it's very possible he could have a good world cup and we get a decent bid for him which on the face of it would be good business. Getting in someone better is easy to talk about in theory, in reality it will probably prove very difficult with the sort of money we have available.

When he plays for Argentina he has people to pass too - so he doesn't try to do too much.  I'm hoping we might inject some extra movement into our midfieldd to allow him this luxury next year

When he plays for Argentina he has people to pass too - so he doesn't try to do too much.  I'm hoping we might inject some extra movement into our midfieldd to allow him this luxury next year

Dont be silly, Nolan and Smith/Guthrie all the way!

;)

you'll not believe this but originally in my post i'd put "i know he has more options to pass to but he also has his head up a lot more" and i pulled it cos of the probable "head up what/who" jokes.

His passing on the floor, when he has runners, is surprisingly accurate.  His crossing is poor though.

It's ok in terms of possession retention. In terms of putting a player through he's often unambitious and nowhere near as good as the likes of Routledge and Guthrie. He's great at getting in the right position to set players away, just doesn't quite have the quality or vision to do it a lot of the time.

That's the thing, people have used poor players around him which would be a valid point if routledge wasn't managing to pick out these poor players on such a regular basis.

Jonas is excellent at carrying a ball, he just doesn't know when to release. That being said I am more than happy if we have to "settle" for him as our first choice left winger next season.

That's the thing, people have used poor players around him which would be a valid point if routledge wasn't managing to pick out these poor players on such a regular basis.

Jonas is excellent at carrying a ball, he just doesn't know when to release. That being said I am more than happy if we have to "settle" for him as our first choice left winger next season.

He improved a lot when Routledge came in as a lot of defensive focus was taken off him. His final product is nowhere near as good as Routledge's (on the basis of the last half season) even if he is much better at a lot of things.

I think Jonas has had a decent season, he was poor a lot of the time pre-Jan though, several times at the start of the season didn't look as though he gave a fuck. Seems to have got into it again though, fair play to him, could be essential next season.

He improved a lot when Routledge came in as a lot of defensive focus was taken off him. His final product is nowhere near as good as Routledge's (on the basis of the last half season) even if he is much better at a lot of things.

I think Jonas has had a decent season, he was poor a lot of the time pre-Jan though, several times at the start of the season didn't look as though he gave a f***. Seems to have got into it again though, fair play to him, could be essential next season.

In the first half of the season, the opposition would have 3 players on Jonas because they did not have to worry about our right side.  Once Routledge arrived, they couldn't do that any more.

has anyone seen him play much for argentina. i've seen 3 or 4 of his games and he is a completly different player.

Definitely seems to benefit from playing with more movement around him.