Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Yeah, he doesn't create much.

Apart from that goal today, and that goal last week. Oh...

Some people are never happy.

Quality player in my opinion, the only questionable lack of end product from him is with his shots, hes already assisted a fair few this season.

Quality player in my opinion, the only questionable lack of end product from him is with his shots, hes already assisted a fair few this season.

He deserves some credit for his defensive work as well, we aren't keeping these clean sheets by accident. When you weigh up how important a player is, it's not just about goals and assists.

I think he's quite an unselfish player really, he seems to wait for a passing opportunity instead of taking the shot on himself a lot of the time. He'll get the odd goal I'm sure, but as long as he stretches the opposition, gets stuck in and grabs the odd assist I can't complain. He is pure quality and the cynicism of some on here and elsewhere is unfair.

Much more like it today. Had a good game. This is the Jonas i want to see on a regular basis. Critically, he kept it going for 90 minutes.

Thrilled to see he's really getting to grips with the right-wing. Because it's potentially so much more beneficial to the side having him and N'Zogbia in it, as five goals in two games has proved, i guess. I'd still propose - long-term - that we get a better right-winger so we can swtich him to the left (hopefully saying cheerio to Duffer)... but i'm certainly not complaining atm. Didn't see the game today, btw, but sound very promising.

Guest LucaAltieri

Thrilled to see he's really getting to grips with the right-wing. Because it's potentially so much more beneficial to the side having him and N'Zogbia in it, as five goals in two games has proved, i guess. I'd still propose - long-term - that we get a better right-winger so we can swtich him to the left (hopefully saying cheerio to Duffer)... but i'm certainly not complaining atm. Didn't see the game today, btw, but sound very promising.

Yeah. I'm praying for a January bid for Wigan's Valencia. He'd give us some attacking threat on the right. Something we haven't had in a while.

Plays through the middle too, doesn't he?

Yeah. I'm praying for a January bid for Wigan's Valencia. He'd give us some attacking threat on the right. Something we haven't had in a while.

Plays through the middle too, doesn't he?

Valencia would be perfect

...And also cost 15~20m

Guest Heneage

The ball he played to Owen was pretty straightforward and nothing magical to be honest, the run begged such a ball.

:lol:

If that was Cesc Fabregas sliding through that pass it would be drooled over for weeks to come.

It also shows Jonas is not just an aimless runner, he has a football brain.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea...no idea...

Please, this bloke is the only decent thing we have in the outfield.

Did you all miss the way he repeatedly stole the ball off their attackers once they had got past our defenders? did you all miss the way he held the ball up looking for an outlet whilst being double defended throughout the whole game? did you all miss the 110% effort he put in? did you all miss the way he gliede past their midfielders to find that nobody was available and nobody looking to receive from him???

Unbelievable!

Runs around a lot. Wins the ball occasionally. Runs sideways. Contributes generally nothing.

No shots, no crosses.

Yeah because the rest of our side are offering loads of support. Didn't play well today but just by 'running around a lot' he's twice the player Butt is.

Runs around a lot. Wins the ball occasionally. Runs sideways. Contributes generally nothing.

No shots, no crosses.

Yeah because the rest of our side are offering loads of support. Didn't play well today but just by 'running around a lot' he's twice the player Butt is.

he run around lots because he had to, tbh. Was never going to get the ball otherwise.

I'll be honest, I have high standards.

I just wont a lot more from Jonas and he's falling way below my standards at the mo.

If Jonas is falling way below your standards I'd love to know how you feel about the rest of the team.

I'll be honest, I have high standards.

I just wont a lot more from Jonas and he's falling way below my standards at the mo.

If Jonas is falling way below your standards I'd love to know how you feel about the rest of the team.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

needs to work on his passing, there was time's where he could give the ball to people in good positions and he either misplaced the pass, under hit it or over hit the pass