Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

God, I think he is fantastic. I thought he was (once again) fantastic on Saturday and when I'm nearly gone I will still think myself privileged to have seen him play.

Fucking hell I hope that's sarcasm - we've had a dozen players better than him in the last 15 years - though this doesn't mean I don't think he's decent - I just want more.

Going to be a huge anti climax when eventually he does score and the commentators are creaming themselves saying "here comes the mask", when he doesnt get one out.

Seriously they were banging on about it in the West Ham game, he has said it wont come out again, it was a one off thing and he isnt actually allowed to do it.

God, I think he is fantastic. I thought he was (once again) fantastic on Saturday and when I'm nearly gone I will still think myself privileged to have seen him play.

f***ing hell I hope that's sarcasm - we've had a dozen players better than him in the last 15 years - though this doesn't mean I don't think he's decent - I just want more.

No sarcasm at all!

I Had To Be Careful With Jonas - JK

By Craig Hope

JOE Kinnear revealed Jonas Gutierrez was the latest Newcastle United player affected by the club's mounting injury problems.

A hamstring problem meant the Argentinian international could only start from the bench for the 3-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers, with the Toon gaffer later admitting he currently has little alternative but to ask players to soldier on through the pain barrier when ideally they would be able to rest on the sidelines.

Kinnear said: "I know the fans like to see certain players but the truth is we were lucky to have Spiderman on the bench today as he's another one who has been carrying a bit of a knock.

"That's the position we are in. I had lads on the bench who aren't 100% fit but I had to have them there because we are so crippled with injuries right now."

Great news. :thup:

By Craig Hope

JOE Kinnear revealed Jonas Gutierrez was the latest Newcastle United player affected by the club's mounting injury problems.

A hamstring problem meant the Argentinian international could only start from the bench for the 3-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers, with the Toon gaffer later admitting he currently has little alternative but to ask players to soldier on through the pain barrier when ideally they would be able to rest on the sidelines.

Kinnear said: "I know the fans like to see certain players but the truth is we were lucky to have Spiderman on the bench today as he's another one who has been carrying a bit of a knock.

"That's the position we are in. I had lads on the bench who aren't 100% fit but I had to have them there because we are so crippled with injuries right now."

Jonas to release a statement on Monday.

"I know nothing of this knock."

:lol:

Guest LucaAltieri

By Craig Hope

This is getting annoying now. If these players are carrying knocks, he can rest them, he just chooses not too. Give the kids a chance!

And we are supposed to be basing our whole future on youth

At the end of the day sticking a youngster in here and there isn't going to do us any harm.

To me our current form is due to a lack of confidence after getting battered by Liverpool. We need some luck to turn it around even if the ball deflects of somebody’s knob end and into the back of the net to give us an undeserved win, we need some slice of luck to turn our form around.

Anyway I'm getting side tracked as per. Basically a lot of the players out there have thrown in the towel. You can have all the quality in the world but if you don't try why bother? One thing you know about any youth coming into the side is they will try. They'll be hungry and what they'll lack in quality they'll certainly give in effort.

The question is what do you want in the team during the current injury crisis? A couple of senior players who have quality but don't apply it. Or a couple of raw talents who are no where near the finished article but will still give it there all?

This is getting annoying now. If these players are carrying knocks, he can rest them, he just chooses not too. Give the kids a chance!

And we are supposed to be basing our whole future on youth

Havent we got to a point were its almost better to put out the kids then those we put out now? (of course its not, but damn close)

The motivation and confidence of the seniors are just not there.

This is my one big problem. Give some of the young lads a chance and I bet they'll show more heart, passion and bottle than some of the 'senior' players are at this moment in time.

I bet if he did give the young lads a chance and they messed up, everyone would be on his back too. He can't win ( :rolleyes: ).

He won't give them a go though, that's the problem. He's had plenty of chances to play them. Instead, he comes out with excuses that we have x amount of injured players and x amount of players carrying knocks.

He doesn't need to use these excuses because there are other options, he just refuses to use them and this is why he deserves stick. What would have been the problem with playing Kadar at left back on Wednesday? There wouldn't have been one. Yet, he decides to play someone out of position who has been shown up in that position in the past. He's also someone who doesn't want to be at the club, but he still plays him.

Yeah mate but think about it from the other side of the arguement, who would you rather have, a half fit Jonas or a random kid?

I'd rather save Jonas than risk him getting properly injured, especially when the game is lost.

By Craig Hope

Jonas to release a statement on Monday.

"I know nothing of this knock."

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice finish by Jonas.

He was playing well there, with Messi, Tevez and many others.

Makes me think how we are going to lose him if we get relegated. A brilliant signing.

makes me think we are very likely to lose him no matter what....

Makes me think how we are going to lose him if we get relegated. A brilliant signing.

makes me think we are very likely to lose him no matter what....

Could be, hes only going upwards in the footie world, but thats also Newcastle to think. Going from Mallorca to the premier league is a huge step, comparing the clubs.

Bet he can't wait to get back to training with Smith and Butt after a couple of days with Messi et al