Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Dave!! (I'd delete that link)

Not like its embedded. Whats the problem?

Bet he can't wait to get back to training with Smith and Butt after a couple of days with Messi et al

Exactly, Jonas is almost our only source of creativity. Going from training & playing with the Argentinian national squad to train with our current squad, injury plagued and the other main attacking figure being damien duff, would make me want to jump off a bridge.

Since linking to clips is prohibited, i will simply reveal that the youtube video code for the Jonas goal is F0QKW-nwKi0 and that is all.

Nice to see Duff still getting stick despite being on relatively decent form.

3 decent games don't excuse 3 seasons of taking the piss.. and he's taken around 3 million from the club in wages.. If he was a player in Italy, someone would've sliced his throat in a dark alley a long time ago.

3 decent games don't excuse 3 seasons of taking the piss.. and he's taken around 3 million from the club in wages.. If he was a player in Italy, someone would've sliced is throat in a dark alley a long time ago.

You're quite right to an extent, but I get the impression from many people on here that even if he was to go on a decent run of form from now on, it wouldn't make a difference to them.

Guest neesy111

3 decent games don't excuse 3 seasons of taking the piss.. and he's taken around 3 million from the club in wages.. If he was a player in Italy, someone would've sliced his throat in a dark alley a long time ago.

make that 9 million after this season

:thup:

I reckon Duff would be alright in Italy. Their football is boring and slow too.

I also heard that black people from the age of 1 month has bigger penises than an avarage 25 year old white male....  :rolleyes:

Its true you know!

I knew you'd reply to that. :laugh:

Dave!! (I'd delete that link)

Not like its embedded. Whats the problem?

Bet he can't wait to get back to training with Smith and Butt after a couple of days with Messi et al

Exactly, Jonas is almost our only source of creativity. Going from training & playing with the Argentinian national squad to train with our current squad, injury plagued and the other main attacking figure being damien duff, would make me want to jump off a bridge.

We are not allowed to link to it. :thup:

Good goal like.

Guest Mucky01

what’s this about us paying £4m for him now? I thought we got him on some snidey free transfer.

More ‘creative’ accountancy?

Colo took about a season and a half to really settle at Depor.. even their fans said as much.

Assuming Colo stays with us, I'm confident that he'll start to reflect his price tag. He's already shown glimpses of how good he is, he just needs to get some consistency going.

Guest firetotheworks

Not whilst we're still shipping goals.

Yeah, but you could say that Jonas isn't assisting or getting goals aswell. Its the same argument. Bassong isn't the entire defence just as much as Jonas isn't the entire midfield.

Yeah, but you could say that Jonas isn't assisting or getting goals aswell. Its the same argument. Bassong isn't the entire defence just as much as Jonas isn't the entire midfield.

Agreed.

Yeah I could say that, but I didn't decide the winner of that poll. People will notice goals being conceded more than they will assists at the moment, that's just the way it is, I think.

For the record if I had voted in that poll I would have gone with Seb Bassong too.

Supermac hates him :lol: He's always referring to his lack of goals and below par crossing, but he fails to comment on the rest of the midfield. I don't see how anyone can criticize Jonas ahead of the rest of our midfield. Hasn't he been our most productive midfielder this season with 4 or 5 assists? I would expect some goals from a winger, and with Martins, Owen and Viduka on the pitch, as well as Barton making runs into the box i'm sure he would have had a lot more assists. He's one of the only players in the squad who i would strive to keep.