Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest sid1970

The left side could have been something with Enrique at LB, Jonas on the wing, Zog in CM and Martins up front all working together on a regular basis.

If only.

Funny how so many of us could see that being a really exciting prospect, yet our managers seem to think Butt, Smith and Geremi are the midfield answer. Then complain that michael owen didn't score because he needs better service.

It's a simple game really.  :aww:

:clap:

Guest optimistic nit

Joint 3rd most fouled player in the league this season.

if we had a good freekick taker this season and a target man in the box we would be safe right now

has there been any explanation to why he was dropped yet? fair enuf if he had a knock but despite his lack of goals etc what he brings to the team with his running and the way he often has atleast two players guarding him especially at home it seemed crazy he was left out for the useless ryan taylor. especially for the whole 90! i mean im sure jonas wud give clichy a much harder time than Ryan (try and beat the quickest left back in the prem for pace. fail. fall over. then foul him as obviously as possible) Taylor.

Ryan takes every free kick, corners left & right & does long throws so all week they are working with him in the drills, I guess his back up is the 43 year old Geremi. As we have problem scoring goals Duff who has 3 premier league goals gets the nod. I think that is why they don't play Jonas.

Ryan takes every free kick, corners left & right & does long throws so all week they are working with him in the drills, I guess his back up is the 43 year old Geremi. As we have problem scoring goals Duff who has 3 premier league goals gets the nod. I think that is why they don't play Jonas.

in open play tho hes useless. guthrie isnt to bad at corners and taylors havnt really produced anything. not enough to warrent how inneffective he is in open play.

in open play tho hes useless. guthrie isnt to bad at corners and taylors havnt really produced anything. not enough to warrent how inneffective he is in open play.

He is not as good a Jonas. Guthrie is not fit. I think Jonas should play, I just posted why maybe isn't.

Guest neesy111

not good enough, but better than the likes of geremi, r,taylor and that

has to play on the RW, i seem to remember allardyce getting slated for playing milner a right footed player on the left, the same goes with jonas, very easy to defend a player who u know has to cut inside onto his stronger foot, although when he does it goes to nothign

has to play on the RW, i seem to remember allardyce getting slated for playing milner a right footed player on the left, the same goes with jonas, very easy to defend a player who u know has to cut inside onto his stronger foot, although when he does it goes to nothign

:iamatwat:

We're not good enough for him more like.  I forgot there's loads of internationals desperate to come here, especially Argentinean internationals.

Guest optimistic nit

We're not good enough for him more like.  I forgot there's loads of internationals desperate to come here, especially Argentinean internationals.

i really do think this forum is actually a scientific experiment trying to prove Emile Borel right at times, except we have nearly 3000 monkeys with nearly 3000 type writers and still no shakespeare.

i really do think this forum is actually a scientific experiment trying to prove Emile Borel right at times, except we have over 2000 monkeys with over 2000 type writers and still no shakespeare.

Borel's argument was flawed anyway, infinity never guarantees anything just makes it as close to certain as possible.  :coolsmiley:

No end product awesome work rate and defensive play, so lets get the best out of the best part of his game..

Beye-------Taylor----------Bassog--------Enrique

---------------------Jonas

No end product awesome work rate and defensive play, so lets get the best out of the best part of his game..

Been on the snakebites after the match?

WE CANT PLAY JONAS AS DM FFS.

Why not? does that sort of job at imternational level and fk knows our back four need the help.

He may run at people when played out wide but 3 assists all season is not good enough, all his good work is done in a defensive manner.

Why not? does that sort of job at imternational level and fk knows our back four need the help.

He may run at people when played out wide but 3 assists all season is not good enough, all his good work is done in a defensive manner.

He'd be better playing just behind the front 2 imo.

Why not? does that sort of job at international level.

I watched him play in his last game for the Argie's & he was on the left flank & when subs started coming on he moved to the right. The game before he played as winger as well. He did once play as wing back in a 3-5-2 for Argentina though.