Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest toonlass

The one and only player on the pitch who wanted the ball, and he's getting called worse then shit, bunch of cockends..  Think some of you expect him to beat four players everytime he gets the ball or he must not be trying :lol:

Anyway, how convinient that a court in Mallorca has ruled in favour of Mallorca, surely we should apeal, I mean we've played to the rules here, why should we pay compensation?

I don't expect him to bear four players every game, but as an attacking midfielder I expect him to score some goals and make more than 3 assists a season. Not too much to ask eh?

nope, i remember james milner getting criticised for not scoring 5-10 goals a season and making around 10 assists a season, i wonder who i would rather have now

Personally I liked Milner, but hey ho.

Guest neesy111

The one and only player on the pitch who wanted the ball, and he's getting called worse then shit, bunch of cockends..  Think some of you expect him to beat four players everytime he gets the ball or he must not be trying :lol:

Anyway, how convinient that a court in Mallorca has ruled in favour of Mallorca, surely we should apeal, I mean we've played to the rules here, why should we pay compensation?

I don't expect him to bear four players every game, but as an attacking midfielder I expect him to score some goals and make more than 3 assists a season. Not too much to ask eh?

nope, i remember james milner getting criticised for not scoring 5-10 goals a season and making around 10 assists a season, i wonder who i would rather have now

it's alright jonas getting stuck in, that might in total save 2 goals a season, but he's an attacking midfielder and a fucking shit one as well, 6 goals in 150 games for mallorca, steven taylor and quite a few defenders have a better record than that

Guest toonlass

it's alright jonas getting stuck in, that might in total save 2 goals a season, but he's an attacking midfielder and a fucking shit one as well, 6 goals in 150 games for mallorca, steven taylor and quite a few defenders have a better record than that

The one and only player on the pitch who wanted the ball, and he's getting called worse then s***, bunch of cockends..  Think some of you expect him to beat four players everytime he gets the ball or he must not be trying :lol:

and when he didn't have the ball he strolled about and looked injured (i wonder)

He was one of the only players trying to move into positions to get the ball, bought us some freekicks by going on good runs with absolutely no support around him what so ever.  Not sure what he really could do in that disgrace of a team.  But like I said obviously he's the new scapegoat so I'll just leave you lot alone to get on with it.

not the new scapegoat.......just looked like he couldn;t be arsed whern he didn't have the ball.

Interesting. Now he's not just getting criticised for having no end product, he's getting stick for not running either. I would have thought there were better candidates for that honour.

So have Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor. Signing them really kick-started our season didn't it?

Guest neesy111

So have Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor. Signing them really kick-started our season didn't it?

ppl know there shit, but a lot of ppl still think jonas is a world beater on here, when he's clearly a player that flatters to decieve, and the fact his finishing is so poor, makes you wonder what the fuck is he doing to rectify it, 6 goals would we what i would expect a player like robert to get in 3 months not 3 years

don't say he plays for argentina, cos i remember a certain christian bassedas played 15 times for them and he was rubbish as well

Guest Heneage

The one and only player on the pitch who wanted the ball, and he's getting called worse then s***, bunch of cockends..  Think some of you expect him to beat four players everytime he gets the ball or he must not be trying :lol:

it's alright jonas getting stuck in, that might in total save 2 goals a season, but he's an attacking midfielder and a f***ing s*** one as well, 6 goals in 150 games for mallorca, steven taylor and quite a few defenders have a better record than that

ppl know there s***, but a lot of ppl still think jonas is a world beater on here, when he's clearly a player that flatters to decieve, and the fact his finishing is so poor, makes you wonder what the f*** is he doing to rectify it, 6 goals would we what i would expect a player like robert to get in 3 months not 3 years

don't say he plays for argentina, cos i remember a certain christian bassedas played 15 times for them and he was rubbish as well

I agree and disagree in the same instance.

For f***'s sake, it's happened loads of times here. 'Can't wait to see the back of N'Zogbia/Milner/Parker/Emre' etc etc until we gradually work our way down to a Butt-Nolan-Guthrie-Ryan Taylor midfield. I know people will never be happy with what we have, but stop criticising undoubtedly our best players when there are players who might as well wear sandals and have a lunchbox playing infront of them in the team. Crazy.

and when he didn't have the ball he strolled about and looked injured (i wonder)

He was one of the only players trying to move into positions to get the ball, bought us some freekicks by going on good runs with absolutely no support around him what so ever.  Not sure what he really could do in that disgrace of a team.  But like I said obviously he's the new scapegoat so I'll just leave you lot alone to get on with it.

not the new scapegoat.......just looked like he couldn;t be arsed whern he didn't have the ball.

When he hasn't got the ball, and we're attacking, he is NEVER arsed. Countless times this season he had the opportunity to show for it in the final third, or overlap the full back, instead standing there close to the ball carrier, and looking around. He needs to change this aspect of his game otherwise he is totally worthless.

Having had the chance to see him in action all season now, I would've told Mallorca and Velez to fuck off, and sent him back. Much he-do about nothing tbh. Not questioning his quality, but he has been the totally wrong type of signing for this club this season.

Guest Stephen927

If the title is true then we have nabbed ourselves a bargain. Put him in a team that will support his runs effectively and offer him support, and we would have quite a player on our hands. It's no coincidence that he plays well for Argentina and not for us.

I just hope we can avoid relegation and build a team in the summer that would make the most of his energy and dribbling ability. Central midfielders who actually support our more attacking players, and who actually offer something to our defence.

People will cry their hearts out and weep uncontrollably when Redknapp comes back in for him and he joins Spurs on the cheap and puts in legendary performance week after week when he is in a team that can pass the ball effectively.

And boy o boy will I bump this shit then!

Anyone critisizing this guy clearly doesn't understand how ill suited he is to our tragedy of a team where not one other player has even a tenth of the ability or heart that he does.

People will cry their hearts out and weep uncontrollably when Redknapp comes back in for him and he joins Spurs on the cheap and puts in legendary performance week after week when he is in a team that can pass the ball effectively.

And boy o boy will I bump this s*** then!

Anyone critisizing this guy clearly doesn't understand how ill suited he is to our tragedy of a team where not one other player has even a tenth of the ability or heart that he does.

Ability, yes. Heart? naaah.

I'm in full agreement that he is not suited to this team. In order for him to be a success in this type of a team (:lolz:), he needs more awareness and intelligence about him. Unfortunately, he is not much of a thinker and relies too heavily on his athletic ability and silky skills.

Guest Stephen927

We never got the ball as soon as he came on.

True, Viduka coming off had a large part to play in that, due to fitness which is understandable. We need everyone fit and on the pitch, Barton, Viduka, Guthrie, and we still have a huge chance of staying up.

The ability to run around a lot is clearly an asset in our side.

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of end product. 

Not really covered himself in glory this season for all that running and no substance and if anybody cares to argue lets see his stats.

Viana/Luque rewind - where are they now?

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of end product. 

Not really covered himself in glory this season for all that running and no substance and if anybody cares to argue lets see his stats.

I was kinda saying that but cloaked.

Viana/Luque rewind - where are they now?

Jonas IMO doesn't seem to have a Luque/Viana mentality. He seems like a very determined player at the very least.

In a team where he isn't considered by the opposition as the only attacking outlet he would shine. Everyone has been shit this season for various reasons from not being good enough to confidence and off field distractions. There is a fair chunk of players in our team that are capable of a lot more.

Funny note:

When he plays with Argentina he scores, assists and has great crosses.

Put him in an attacking team with a functional system an co players, and he will be 100 times the player he is now.

You can insert any name of the players we got to this description.

Maybe Paraguay, Chile and the rest aren't as good as Premier league opposition?

Guest gggg

When he plays with Argentina he scores, assists and has great crosses.

He's scored once and at his current rate it will take a couple of years to double that. (if he gets any more caps)

• 2 weeks later...