Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Guest Heneage

This forum are like piranha's.

:lol: :lol:

Its nuts. They just jump from player to player. One minute Martins is s***, then he scores and he's class. This place has no grey area, we are black and white in our support and our opinions.

Jonas has been consistently poor all season. Not on Colo's level thats for sure, but he isn't doing enough going forward, which is where we needed him. Stephen Glass would get more assists than Jonas.

I totally acknowledge that his crosses have been poor and he hasn't got goals or assists. But in my humble opinion, his running constant battling and fighting have helped us, its created trouble and problems and indirectly got us goals. I think to say he is shite is totally mental.

Its this idea this forum has that average does not exist. My honest opinion on his first season. A good player who's had bouts of mediocrity possibly due to tiredness both mentally and physically.

Out of all the pieces of s*** in our team, this is the one player who I can say with confidence is not actually s***.

We'll all be watching him do the business at Spurs next season and weeping.

I don't think he would ever do the business in this country, without adapting his game a lot.

Its nuts. They just jump from player to player. One minute Martins is s***, then he scores and he's class. This place has no grey area, we are black and white in our support and our opinions.

Jonas has been consistently poor all season. Not on Colo's level thats for sure, but he isn't doing enough going forward, which is where we needed him. Stephen Glass would get more assists than Jonas.

I totally acknowledge that his crosses have been poor and he hasn't got goals or assists. But in my humble opinion, his running constant battling and fighting have helped us, its created trouble and problems and indirectly got us goals. I think to say he is s**** is totally mental.

Its this idea this forum has that average does not exist. My honest opinion on his first season. A good player who's had bouts of mediocrity possibly due to tiredness both mentally and physically.

Didn't say he was shit, just poor. Can see why he could be good, but not in our club, or the way we play.

Guest neesy111

as a professional footballer i expect him to at least be able to pass the ball, for those who didn't see the match we HAS 2 very good openings at the start of the 2nd half and he overhit he's passes so badly that they went out of play

theres no point him being in the team if he just wins the ball and then give's it straight back to the opposition

also i haven't seen him make a cross this season where a player can get his head on the ball

ppl bang on about trying, it's also about having quality and an end product, theres been plenty of players that haven't tried for shit but had end products, viana and robert come to mind, these are and we're much better players for the club and the stats will back this up

Guest Phil K

Sometimes piranhas are more accurate than blind optimists though.

How many goals has Jonas set up ?

Less than 10 ?

Less than FIVE FFS ?

I've probably done more assists than friggin' Jonas.....

Bit hypocritical of you Nixon,  it was only a few months back you started a thread to savage young Andy Carroll.

Regarding Jonas, he's been a major disappointment, yes he works hard but that should be the bare minimum,  as a winger/attacking midfield he has too be judged on goals, creating and scoring,  he's fails massively on both counts,  he was a bad signing as a free transfer, the fact he's cost us over 5m makes it even worse.

Guest Heneage

Bit hypocritical of you Nixon,  it was only a few months back you started a thread to savage young Andy Carroll.

Regarding Jonas, he's been a major disappointment, yes he works hard but that should be the bare minimum,  as a winger/attacking midfield he has too be judged on goals, creating and scoring,  he's fails massively on both counts,  he was a bad signing as a free transfer, the fact he's cost us over 5m makes it even worse.

I did and I stand by it. I've not changed my opinion of the lad, you look and I said he was wasting his chance and had he chased back he could have stopped Kompany slipping Ireland in. He's picked up but a lot of his early games he was so lack luster and without care it was untrue. He off all people should be busting a gut more than most, if he had Taylors enthusiasm no guessing how good he could be. When you couple that with pretty much everyone who's come across him having not a nice word to say. 

Guest Heneage

Would be miles better in a better team, we won't have him next season anyway so good luck to him..

This is becoming the standard line for every single one of our players though.

So how does that work................... ???

Tbh the only players that I think that rings true to are Guthrie Jonas and Martins.

Would be miles better in a better team, we won't have him next season anyway so good luck to him..

This is becoming the standard line for every single one of our players though.

So how does that work................... ???

Balance is why we are poor, its fine having 11 decent players but you need the right players to get the right balance.

Lo and behold, has anyone realise how bad decent players became once they arrived at Newcastle United?

... and once they leave, all of a sudden, they became better!

It's the Newcastle Phenomenon!

Guest LucaAltieri

I know it's not Lovenkrands' preferred position but I'd rather play him on the left next week than Gutierrez. The last few months Jonas' best performances have came as a substitute anyway.

Not a bad shout. Either that or play Jonas through the middle. His ball winning skills are twice that of Butt and Nolan combined.

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol: He can't even lift the ball off the ground

It is us who should be getting compensation.

He was running at goal through the centre and their defenders for some reason departed and what did Jonas do with space opening up for a shot? He tried to play Beye in down the flank which they cut out.

:lol: He can't even lift the ball off the ground

It is us who should be getting compensation.

He was running at goal through the centre and their defenders for some reason departed and what did Jonas do with space opening up for a shot? He tried to play Beye in down the flank which they cut out.

I've saying it for months now...he's total shit, apart from a bit of tracking back/running around. Like the crap player in the school team.