Coloccini and Ashley's Evil Master Plan (Mua Ha Ha..)

TRon

Is the foremost amibition to make nufc a profitable company or a successful team? Ashley's priorities are not the same as the fans. When the infamous club insider said of KK's targets that there was no re-sale value in them we should all be worried.

If that was how we had acted in the past there would have been no KK the player, no KK the manager, no return of Beardsley, in short we would not be the club we are. By trying to discredit & make a fool of KK things that have been said by nufc have done little but make fools of themselves and show where priorities lie.

I hope the initial fury at the manner of KK's departure hasn't diminished but has grown as we start to understand the implications and that Ashley gets the grief he deserves tomorrow. He has lied in the most fundamental way to us - he wanted a bit of fun; he's not running this "business" in any way that suggests that is true.

Is the foremost amibition to make nufc a profitable company or a successful team? Ashley's priorities are not the same as the fans. When the infamous club insider said of KK's targets that there was no re-sale value in them we should all be worried.

If that was how we had acted in the past there would have been no KK the player, no KK the manager, no return of Beardsley, in short we would not be the club we are. By trying to discredit & make a fool of KK things that have been said by nufc have done little but make fools of themselves and show where priorities lie.

I hope the initial fury at the manner of KK's departure hasn't diminished but has grown as we start to understand the implications and that Ashley gets the grief he deserves tomorrow. He has lied in the most fundamental way to us - he wanted a bit of fun; he's not running this "business" in any way that suggests that is true.

KK as aplayer worked on value terms,his transfer fee was very low. the problem the club has is in paying mega bucks for players past their best.

What we needed was somewhere in between Fat Fred and Fat Ash - an owner who didn't throw money around that they couldn't afford and someone who holds a fire-sale every time that the transfer window comes around.

What has happened to the Sky money BTW.  Not tht we'll find out as the accounts are now a closed book to the outside world.

basically correct, yeah...ashley isn't spending enough of the clubs money, but i'm yet to be convinced he won't spend EVER unlike some

people using the milner sale to justify the maximise profits stuff is truly incredible - i can't think of a better financial deal for a player we've ever had given his level of ability and end product on the pitch, they'd have been mental to turn it down...keegan obviously agreed with that as well given he sanctioned the sale

lets see who they bring in and lets see what happens in january - you have to assume they'll ensure the new guys sings from the same sheet player-wise (pardon the pun) therefore if they don't spend in january it's really time to wonder, although it'll likely be explained by lack of time or some s***

for me the allardyce window and last can be "conveniently" explained away by a number of factors - if they get a new guy now i can see no excuses anymore...

The Milner deal was too good to turn down, but the benefit of it was simply that it helped balance the books on our transfer activity for the summer and left Ashley having invested no new money in the squad. I could well believe that the issue of the Milner money was the last straw for Keegan.

I can't see that there were any excuses for lack of investment this time tbh.

KK as aplayer worked on value terms,his transfer fee was very low. the problem the club has is in paying mega bucks for players past their best.

By their own statement/ rules the present regime would not have signed KK.

Are you thinking of any specific players we've signed in the past with that statement, or was it just a general comment?

That Ashley's priorities aren't the same as the fans is pretty obvious.Why would they be when it's going to be HIS money that is bakrolling the club? Even so, the fact we paid £10m for an international defender sort of disproves the theory that the club is actively buying cheap imports to sell at a higher price. It points to a strategy of  not buying players who are over the hill and over-valued, while paying decent money for the right player.

What we needed was somewhere in between Fat Fred and Fat Ash - an owner who didn't throw money around that they couldn't afford and someone who holds a fire-sale every time that the transfer window comes around.

What has happened to the Sky money BTW.  Not tht we'll find out as the accounts are now a closed book to the outside world.

basically correct, yeah...ashley isn't spending enough of the clubs money, but i'm yet to be convinced he won't spend EVER unlike some

people using the milner sale to justify the maximise profits stuff is truly incredible - i can't think of a better financial deal for a player we've ever had given his level of ability and end product on the pitch, they'd have been mental to turn it down...keegan obviously agreed with that as well given he sanctioned the sale

lets see who they bring in and lets see what happens in january - you have to assume they'll ensure the new guys sings from the same sheet player-wise (pardon the pun) therefore if they don't spend in january it's really time to wonder, although it'll likely be explained by lack of time or some s***

for me the allardyce window and last can be "conveniently" explained away by a number of factors - if they get a new guy now i can see no excuses anymore...

The Milner deal was too good to turn down, but the benefit of it was simply that it helped balance the books on our transfer activity for the summer and left Ashley having invested no new money in the squad. I could well believe that the issue of the Milner money was the last straw for Keegan.

what i mean is that they could, if they wanted to, point to the low spend(s) in the following ways:

allardyce summer = not our man, martial backing

jan 2008 = change of manager & setting up transfer team

summer 2008 = some targets secured but large scale disagreement between transfer team & manager prohibited efforts in the market

assuming they appoint a new guy by october none of those things can be considered relevant come jan 2009 if there's no money spent...however the vast majority of this argument goes out the window given they've let slip that the budget was only 12m iirc!

looked at the possible team we can put out tomorrow and it's terrifying for the season ahead really...assuming wise is advising ashley he must be a fucken idiot if he's telling him there's enough depth in the squad to take us a season...however assuming the budget was always 12m then they did a fairly decent job of trying to add players imo and maybe ashley just doesn't care if we have the depth, as some people believe....

general comment. it was a reply to the post i quoted,particularly the second sentence of the first paragraph.

Fair enough then, it's just that some people go on as if it was the typical MO of the old board to buy over the hill players for loads of money, whereas in actual fact that couldn't be further from the truth.

That Ashley's priorities aren't the same as the fans is pretty obvious.Why would they be when it's going to be HIS money that is bakrolling the club? Even so, the fact we paid £10m for an international defender sort of disproves the theory that the club is actively buying cheap imports to sell at a higher price. It points to a strategy of  not buying players who are over the hill and over-valued, while paying decent money for the right player.

this was done to death over the summer Tron but it's not his money really is it?  i mean it is in the sense that the fans are giving him it, and sky is giving him it therefore it's his in a sense...but it's not HIS if you see what i mean, i.e. to fund players he doesn't HAVE to dig into his personal account does he?

there's been enough Sky money and enough ST money through the club in 2 summers for there to have been a lot more investment in players for the first team, and that's the start and end of it

as ever people are taking the extremes with the "player value" comment and assuming we're now in the business of selling only for profit based on the milner deal (deal of a lifetime by the way) - i'm inclined to agree with your asessment personally

this was done to death over the summer Tron but it's not his money really is it?  i mean it is in the sense that the fans are giving him it, and sky is giving him it therefore it's his in a sense...but it's not HIS if you see what i mean, i.e. to fund players he doesn't HAVE to dig into his personal account does he?

there's been enough Sky money and enough ST money through the club in 2 summers for there to have been a lot more investment in players for the first team, and that's the start and end of it

as ever people are taking the extremes with the "player value" comment and assuming we're now in the business of selling only for profit based on the milner deal (deal of a lifetime by the way) - i'm inclined to agree with your asessment personally

What I meant was, for there to be major investment like say £50m, either we'd have to go into debt or he would have to spend his own money like the City Sheikhs are doing (I presume).

general comment. it was a reply to the post i quoted,particularly the second sentence of the first paragraph.

Fair enough then, it's just that some people go on as if it was the typical MO of the old board to buy over the hill players for loads of money, whereas in actual fact that couldn't be further from the truth.

change "over the hill players" to "players that failed fundamentally on some level" and you'll be nearer the mark

that said, they paid some pretty big fees for a few players that turned out to be a success too, in the interests of balance....

What I meant was, for there to be major investment like say £50m, either we'd have to go into debt or he would have to spend his own money like the City Sheikhs are doing (I presume).

no i know, but how much do you think sky & ST money comes to over 2 summers?  i'm gonna say 30m a season from sky and say the same from ST's/corporates each summer so basically 120m since he took the club over, and that ignores other revenue streams

i don't that's being unrealistic/OTT either personally...and you then think assuming we stay up it's coming again next season, and the season after that...

so why couldn't he invest a net of say 50m to now on the right types of player for him (i.e. value for money) and recoup that over the subsequent seasons from club income?

it wouldn't even need to have been long term debt

what i mean is that they could, if they wanted to, point to the low spend(s) in the following ways:

summer 2008 = some targets secured but large scale disagreement between transfer team & manager prohibited efforts in the market

assuming they appoint a new guy by october none of those things can be considered relevant come jan 2009 if there's no money spent...however the vast majority of this argument goes out the window given they've let slip that the budget was only 12m iirc!

looked at the possible team we can put out tomorrow and it's terrifying for the season ahead really...assuming wise is advising ashley he must be a fucken idiot if he's telling him there's enough depth in the squad to take us a season...however assuming the budget was always 12m then they did a fairly decent job of trying to add players imo and maybe ashley just doesn't care if we have the depth, as some people believe....

Good post in general, but even this idea that the squad is threadbare isn't 100% accurate. We have a situation where we have a really high injury count at the moment, where not only the first team players are missing, some of their replacements have also been struck down. Martins and Viduka from the strikers, Geremi, Barton, Duff and Jonas from the midfield, our two first choice full backs from the defenders. That would be difficult for most teams to cover to be fair.

Good post in general, but even this idea that the squad is threadbare isn't 100% accurate. We have a situation where we have a really high injury count at the moment, where not only the first team players are missing, some of their replacements have also been struck down. Martins and Viduka from the strikers, Geremi, Barton, Duff and Jonas from the midfield, our two first choice full backs from the defenders. That would be difficult for most teams to cover to be fair.

granted, but to start the season counting barton when he could feasibly have got a 15 match ban is nuts...then you have to factor in the virtual guarantee that owen, duff & viduka will be injured for large parts of a season

THEN you have to also factor in that ameobi, duff & smith barely count as footballers

i know what you mean, numbers wise we have a squad but in reality we don't, and it needed to be addressed but wasn't

It is his money though like it or not. Once you pay for your ticket the money belongs to NUFC, Ashley owns NUFC outright therefore the money is his.

Its the same principle as buying a can of coke. Its your money going to the Coca-Cola company but it belongs to them once you have bought the goods.

Just because there is an emotional attachment to football doesn't mean the rules of the world change unfortunately

It is his money though like it or not. Once you pay for your ticket the money belongs to NUFC, Ashley owns NUFC outright therefore the money is his.

Its the same principle as buying a can of coke. Its your money going to the Coca-Cola company but it belongs to them once you have bought the goods.

Just because there is an emotional attachment to football doesn't mean the rules of the world change unfortunately

yeah, i know, that's why i said it's his money

the thing is you wouldn't keep buying coke if coke didn't use the same standard ingredients and it tasted like shit would you?  that's what he's headed towards

anyways the point i was making was that there's enough cash come into the club for him to have been able to finance a reasonable spend without even thinking of bringing more extrenal funds of his own to do it, yet he's not bothered

Ashley worked wonders getting that left back we've needed for 5 FUCKING MONTHS. The squad has quality but is tiny and has been filled with unproven premier league players. And at what cost? A profit actually! Well done Mike, job well done!

We've needed a left back?

We've got a young £6m left back who the majority of fans seem to rate and think will only improve with games.

We have Zoggy who is capable of covering against the weaker teams or when we need a more attacking option (not ideal I grant you).

We have Kadar in the reserves who by all accounts is showing promise a few have championed his case for exposure to the first team squad thi syear.

Then we signed Bassong who can cover either left back or centre back.

So either you want a £6m left back in reserve or you are advocating selling him to buy a replacement - which is precisely what a number of people are criticising Ashley for in the first place

Enrique -Hamstring injury

Zoggy - midfielder (and needed more there because of sale of milner)

Kadar - out for a year

Bassong - Centre-back that struggled at Coventry

Yeah we're in fine shape!

strikers...

owen-regularly out injured

martins-recently out injured,may not be fit for tomorrow

viduka-always injured

ameobi and smith--i don't really need to do i ?

yet keegan walked about a left back. i doubt it.

Enrique -Hamstring injury

Zoggy - midfielder (and needed more there because of sale of milner)

Kadar - out for a year

Bassong - Centre-back that struggled at Coventry

Yeah we're in fine shape!

Has Enrique had his hamstring injury for five months?

Had we sold Milner five months ago?

At some point you have to say sorry but you have to use the squad to cover and give the youth team exposure.

We have a £6m left back who is only 22 and shows good promise.

Are you going to buy an older left back and push Enrique back to the reserves? And are you going to pay more than £6m for one? Even Man Utd don't have this sort of investment in a reserve Left Back.

Or are you going to buy a 19 year old to cover? Isn't this what the club have been doing in buying up young talent to fill the academy and reserves?

If Evra and the Brazillian twin Man U have get injured whilst Brown and O'Shea are suspended is it negligent of Ferguson not to have splashed £5m on another left back to cover exceptional circumstances?