Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

He is the only man for the job, and if truth be told, the only man out their (with the exception of Shearer and Robson) who truly have the clubs best interests at heart.
Kevin Keegan has Kevin Keegans best interests at heart.  People really need to f*** off with this whole selfless martyr image of him they're trying to build.

IF people start f***ing u about at wherever u work, will u just carry on and let them?

and theres no possibility he was playing power games ?

If he was, he's won, and good for him. I know who I'd back if you were asking me between Keegan and Ashley, who has the clubs interest at heart.

he won what. he's out of a job.we aren't any better off and more people on here distrust him than before. some win!! what the f*** would a draw have got him ?

He wins if he engineers the downfall of an owner and setup that he believes is unfit to run the club. For what it's worth, I don't believe we've seen the last of the Keegan Newcastle relationship.

95% of the fans right now want Keegan back and Wise and co. out. I don't want to speak for everyone, but that is certainly how my family and group of friends feel.

And to be honest, the majority of the people angry at Keegan on here are just doing so to go against the grain, basing it on very little.

whereas my lot are very much of the opinion that he's as much to blame as the rest.

you'll find that those on here angry at keegan are basing it on the FACT thast we haven't filled in the blank pieces with our imaginations and are waiting for facts. like it or not,keegan lied and i have as much reason to believe him as i have wise,ashley or whoever.

When did Keegan lie?

If your going to say he lied when he sold Milner, is it not possible (like many predicted at the time), that he sanctioned the sale because he was promised that we would sign Player X and Y before the deadline?

first off can you prove any of that ?

then were coloccini and gutierrez his choices or not. if yes he has little argument,if not he lied to us when he said he had complete control of comings and goings.

I'm bored of this Madras. You think one thing, I think another. Neither of us have proof. I personally trust KK and believe him over Ashley and co who have proved to be liars.

I'm sick of writing the same stuff now.

i personally trust none of them as they've all been proven to be liars.

He is the only man for the job, and if truth be told, the only man out their (with the exception of Shearer and Robson) who truly have the clubs best interests at heart.
Kevin Keegan has Kevin Keegans best interests at heart.  People really need to f*** off with this whole selfless martyr image of him they're trying to build.

IF people start f***ing u about at wherever u work, will u just carry on and let them?

If he was, he's won, and good for him. I know who I'd back if you were asking me between Keegan and Ashley, who has the clubs interest at heart.

he won what. he's out of a job.we aren't any better off and more people on here distrust him than before. some win!! what the f*** would a draw have got him ?

He wins if he engineers the downfall of an owner and setup that he believes is unfit to run the club. For what it's worth, I don't believe we've seen the last of the Keegan Newcastle relationship.

95% of the fans right now want Keegan back and Wise and co. out. I don't want to speak for everyone, but that is certainly how my family and group of friends feel.

And to be honest, the majority of the people angry at Keegan on here are just doing so to go against the grain, basing it on very little.

whereas my lot are very much of the opinion that he's as much to blame as the rest.

you'll find that those on here angry at keegan are basing it on the FACT thast we haven't filled in the blank pieces with our imaginations and are waiting for facts. like it or not,keegan lied and i have as much reason to believe him as i have wise,ashley or whoever.

When did Keegan lie?

If your going to say he lied when he sold Milner, is it not possible (like many predicted at the time), that he sanctioned the sale because he was promised that we would sign Player X and Y before the deadline?

then were coloccini and gutierrez his choices or not. if yes he has little argument,if not he lied to us when he said he had complete control of comings and goings.

I'm bored of this Madras. You think one thing, I think another. Neither of us have proof. I personally trust KK and believe him over Ashley and co who have proved to be liars.

Still don't understand when KK has been proven to be a liar, but OK.

i explained in post 916 in this thread. keegan lied in saying he had control of comings and goings (like ashley and wise lied about the same thing) when he knew he didn't.

95%??

Where on earth do you get that from?

Here's the only figures I can find:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=56213.0

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=56160.0

Wow, you've disproved my point by showing me some internet polls. Well done.

Like it or not, the vast majority of Newcastle fans don't spend their lives on internet forums like us, and don't think about the club every hour of the day. If you ask a broad cross section of fans (both young and old, internet users and not), I would be willing to bet my house that 95% would like Keegan back in charge asap.

That's how I gauge it at the moment.

At least I have some real figures. You're quoting 95% based on absolutely nothing.

I've spoken to plenty of casual, non-internet using fans over the last week or so and while many of them DO want Keegan back, I'd say many don't as well. It's certainly nowhere near 95% of all fans clamouring for his return from my experience.

I'm basing the 95% on my family, friends, work colleagues, and many people I've met through work over the past week.

If you disagree on figures, fine, but could we agree that certainly the vast majority want Keegan back (over 70%)?

I'm not putting a figure on it because I simply don't know. But I'll accept that a majority may want Keegan back.

Personally, I think any manager needs a scouting network as one man cannot do everything himself. He needs people to go out and find players for him, I'm sure Fergie and Wenger have scouts scouring the world for them too. I also think that the existing scouting network of Wise, Vetere etc have done a very good job in terms of quality if not quantity.

But I can understand why Keegan needs overall control and if such a system is to continue and if it were possible for Keegan to return then Wise, Vetere etc should report to Keegan and not the other way round, but there's no grounds as far as I can tell for them to loose their jobs. I do still think though that Keegan is a terrific motivator and man manager and could do a great job for us.

That said, we don't know what was agreed when Keegan came. If he agreed to work under a DoF and then changed his mind when reality set in and threw his rattle out the pram then good riddance.

I guess the short version of what I'm saying is that I'm reserving judgement in light of more facts.

When did Keegan lie?

Still don't understand when KK has been proven to be a liar, but OK.

i explained in post 916 in this thread. keegan lied in saying he had control of comings and goings (like ashley and wise lied about the same thing) when he knew he didn't.

:banghead:

For the final time, my view on it is when he made the statement about having final say on transfers, that's what he believed. If you believe something that turns out in fact to be false, it doesn't mean you're a liar.

why would he make that comment after gutierrez and coloccini had been brought in ? were they his or not ? don't put "my view" and then say "proved"

I am confused by Hindu's and Madras' discussion

Am I right in thinking that the quotes from everyone at the club at all times was that KK had final say on comings and goings ?

When has it been quoted by anyone at the club, apart from Kevins statement once left about a manager not having a player imposed on him that he does not want, that he didnt have final say ?

I am lost

Am I right in thinking that the quotes from everyone at the club at all times was that KK had final say on comings and goings ?

When has it been quoted by anyone at the club, apart from Kevins statement once left about a manager not having a player imposed on him that he does not want, that he didnt have final say ?

I am lost

So am I to be honest.

The point madras is trying to make is that Keegan lied to us by saying that he has final say, therefore he's as bad as the rest.

My point is that surely Keegan said those things because he though them to be true. Just because something you believe is proved false doesn't mean you're a liar surely.

Yes your right, and if Kevin has knowingly lied then agreed, he is as bad as the rest.

I am just trying to clear up and find out where it has been confirmed by the club that he didnt ever have control of every player in and out and that he agreed to that.

All they have said is that Kevin agreed to the set up when he joined. That confirms nothing about transfers.

I am lost

So am I to be honest.

The point madras is trying to make is that Keegan lied to us by saying that he has final say, therefore he's as bad as the rest.

My point is that surely Keegan said those things because he though them to be true. Just because something you believe is proved false doesn't mean you're a liar surely.

if coloccini,guthrie and gutierrez werent his signings then he knew he didn't have the final say. if they were his signings then why walk ?

I am lost

So am I to be honest.

if coloccini,guthrie and gutierrez werent his signings then he knew he didn't have the final say. if they were his signings then why walk ?

well we are back to "ifs" again arent we so until these things are confirmed, we must surely assume that Kevin isnt lying... cant we ?

Sorry for butting in by the way.

I am lost

So am I to be honest.

well we are back to "ifs" again arent we so until these things are confirmed, we must surely assume that Kevin isnt lying... cant we ?

thats the point...whos signings were coloccini and gutierrez ?

I am lost

So am I to be honest.

My hope would be that they were spotted by Wise and Jimenez, and OK'd by Keegan.

Perhaps by the end Keegan didn't believe he was fully in charge of transfers anymore, but if he didn't he certainly did believe that good things were coming from the decisions being made.  Like when he said that we should wait to see what came from selling Milner, he'd been told the money was being used for something big.  He could role with the punches when he knew that something good would come out of it for Newcastle United.  But when he found out even that was bollocks he said enough is enough, that's my guess anyway..

By the end Keegan may not have believed it any more, but he clearly believed that while he wasn't making these decisions good things were coming from them.  Like when he said that we should wait to see what came from selling Milner, he'd been told the money was being used for something big.  He could role with the punches when he knew that something good would come out of it for Newcastle United.  But when he found out even that was bollocks he said enough was enough, that's my guess anyway..

I often think you are wrong on many things but I think you could be correct in what you are saying.

I am off to sleep now as agreeing with you is wrong O0 . I am worried I will start agreeing with....................next!!

By the end Keegan may not have believed it any more, but he clearly believed that while he wasn't making these decisions good things were coming from them.  Like when he said that we should wait to see what came from selling Milner, he'd been told the money was being used for something big.  He could role with the punches when he knew that something good would come out of it for Newcastle United.  But when he found out even that was bollocks he said enough was enough, that's my guess anyway..

I often think you are wrong on many things but I think you could be correct in what you are saying.

I am off to sleep now as agreeing with you is wrong O0 . I am worried I will start agreeing with....................next!!

You should agree with me more, you'd be right more often! :lol:

Nah seriously I can't remember ever arguing with you or really remember if I generally agree with you or not to be honest  ???

I am lost

So am I to be honest.

I'm confused to why it matters.

Keegan has stated that he had players bought that he didn't want. That's enough for me.

You're argument about "why didn't he walk when colo, jonas ect were bought". You tell me. I don't know. Maybe he was promised other players. Maybe he wasn't. I don't know.

It still doesn't make him wrong for resigning though.

"maybe he was,maybe he wasn't I don't know'" (but i'll back keegan regardless)

Actually, just looking at the thread title, where does this leave potential talks between Ashley and Keegan.

Ashley could be using this to say to Keegan, "Look, I'm selling up. Please come back and manage the club and I'll be gone soon enough".

It surely is the only option now. As has been said, who will come to be manager knowing that a new owner could be just around the corner.

Oh bollocks. I really need to get to sleep.