Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

The club have positively confirmed they're liars by releasing a statement that contradicts a lot of what they have said earlier. I don't understand why this is still a matter of debate.

That's my feeling on the matter and why I have taken sides on this.

meanwhile keegan says he had the final say (but really knows he hasn't)............i call that a lie.....what do you call it ?

Or.... he thought he'd be having the final say, and then when it gets to deadline day and players are thrust upon him, he realises it not to be the case.

I smell an attention seeker.

Aren't both of your opinions perfectly viable - why is it that his is automatically wroing and is labelled an attention seeker?

Im pretty sure Keegan said he had a say in who he wanted in that role.

Something like there had been a discussion when he took the job and a list of people who were candidate for this role and of them he said he'd prefer that Wise came in...

Cant remeber the exact quote.

You're missing my point completely. I think Keegan DID agree to the structure. but it's plain for all to see that he did not agree to have NO say in transfers. That is backed up with quotes from keegan, Wise and Ashley in recent times.

Yup thats my take on it. The club are using the word "structure" and trying to make people believe that within that Keegan also agreed to no involvment in transfers.

They do know the internet exists right ?

or they know contracts exist

Well that of course is the deciding factor. We will never ever know what was in the contract unless this thing rumbles on into court

EDIT : Please god dont let Keegan be stupid enough to walk out knowing he was in breach of his contract. I cant believe he would be

Guest optimistic nit

Fair enough - so we agree that he did agree to the structure. Where is the suggesstion that he had NO say? that implies that he had NO say from the start - how come it took him to the end of the window to realise?

Could it not be that he was promised the final say at the start, and someone in the club later shifted the power base? That's more likely to me.

i think he was promised the final say at the start, and later whoever was helping keegan make the signings signed a player without consulting KK believeing he'd be ok about it. he didn't consult KK because there were only a couple of days left in the transfer window.

The club have positively confirmed they're liars by releasing a statement that contradicts a lot of what they have said earlier. I don't understand why this is still a matter of debate.

That's my feeling on the matter and why I have taken sides on this.

meanwhile keegan says he had the final say (but really knows he hasn't)............i call that a lie.....what do you call it ?

Or.... he thought he'd be having the final say, and then when it gets to deadline day and players are thrust upon him, he realises it not to be the case.

I smell an attention seeker.

Aren't both of your opinions perfectly viable - why is it that his is automatically wroing and is labelled an attention seeker?

Im pretty sure Keegan said he had a say in who he wanted in that role.

Something like there had been a discussion when he took the job and a list of people who were candidate for this role and of them he said he'd prefer that Wise came in...

Cant remeber the exact quote.

You're missing my point completely. I think Keegan DID agree to the structure. but it's plain for all to see that he did not agree to have NO say in transfers. That is backed up with quotes from keegan, Wise and Ashley in recent times.

Yup thats my take on it. The club are using the word "structure" and trying to make people believe that within that Keegan also agreed to no involvment in transfers.

They do know the internet exists right ?

or they know contracts exist

Well that of course is the deciding factor. We will never ever know what was in the contract unless this thing rumbles on into court

get away.

thats been my whole point since the whole circus got underway.

I was staring at one of my ball sacks before, and it crumpled into the image of Kevin Keegan, a divine message sent from above...

Taken back i looked at the other, and the image of Mike Ashley transformed on to the other ball sack, moments later they both started moving, talk to each other if you will...and it looked like it wasn't for the 1st time, and it could happen again.

But all was not well, an object stood between them, a 1ft cocky one eyed bastard, who had power over the pair, deemed their direction and where ever he went they came, like magic, a power with no struggle.

Anyway, i woke up and thought i'd tell my story, my name? Martin Hardy grandson of Laurel, please to meet you.

I almost don't care who we get in now, we need someone, and ASAP.

Was just thinking that while having a shit there. If Hughton remains in charge, then we will continue to lose football games. Majorly out of his depth today/this week.

I almost don't care who we get in now, we need someone, and ASAP.

i'd rather we went a month without a manager if we could go the next 4 years+ with the same manger, fuck part time rushed solutions, we need to take our time.

Huh? Obviously I want them to get in someone who's going to work. I just mean it's already ages since the Keegan problems started and now we've lost at home against a team 90% certain to go down - so the team clearly aren't capable of coping as things stand.

Just saying whether that's Keegan or not, I think they need to move quickly or things will just escalate further.

Fair enough - so we agree that he did agree to the structure. Where is the suggesstion that he had NO say? that implies that he had NO say from the start - how come it took him to the end of the window to realise?

Could it not be that he was promised the final say at the start, and someone in the club later shifted the power base? That's more likely to me.

My persoanl theory is that he did have full say but things started to change when he targetted players who didnt fit in with the arsenal/spurs model that the board had pre-stated. I think there IS something in the leak about Ronaldihno etc, but thats my pwersonal belief.

So what was the board supposed to do? They didnt sign people throuought the summer unndermining him then - only on the last day when things got a bit too close for comfort.

I was staring at one of my ball sacks before, and it crumpled into the image of Kevin Keegan, a divine message sent from above...

Taken back i looked at the other, and the image of Mike Ashley transformed on to the other ball sack, moments later they both started moving, talk to each other if you will...and it looked like it wasn't for the 1st time, and it could happen again.

But all was not well, an object stood between them, a 1ft cocky one eyed bastard, who had power over the pair, deemed their direction and where ever he went they came, like magic, a power with no struggle.

Anyway, i woke up and thought i'd tell my story, my name? Martin Hardy grandson of Laurel, please to meet you.

Do you mean Oliver ? :lol:

Do you mean Oliver ? :lol:

Both, Laurel was the father, Olivia (as known on the club circuit) was the mother (loving the anal)

Do you think the players would accept Keegan after the sh*t they had to put up with today? Don't think the players, 6 of them bought for him if we're lead to believe, and especially the senior members of the squad, would just be willing to accept him with open arms after leaving them in the lurch for a fortnight.

But all was not well, an object stood between them, a 1ft cocky one eyed b******, who had power over the pair, deemed their direction and where ever he went they came, like magic, a power with no struggle.

you've got 2 ball sacks ?

But all was not well, an object stood between them, a 1ft cocky one eyed b******, who had power over the pair, deemed their direction and where ever he went they came, like magic, a power with no struggle.

you've got 2 ball sacks ?

I Martin Hardy does. One on my head, the other, erm, is around somewhere, might have left them in the kebab shop.

Do you think the players would accept Keegan after the sh*t they had to put up with today? Don't think the players, 6 of them bought for him if we're lead to believe, and especially the senior members of the squad, would just be willing to accept him with open arms after leaving them in the lurch for a fortnight.

i think they would. keegans strong point is working with players and it would bring stability for a time for them

I dont believe they will see that that way - i believe they'll believe twhat most fans are digesting and that Keegan has been forced out.

5 players were bought for him (apparently), do you think Jonas, Coloccini, Xisco, etc. will see it that way?

Are you implying that they would be offended by him resigning? If so, its a fair point, but the issue was with Nacho or Xisco and both did hold talks with him, Xisco spoke reasonably highly of him so...

At the end of the day they are professionals but i truly believe the more influential memeber of the team - Given, Harper, Owen etc would of been gutted and slighlty resentful of the board for hs departure. Owen especially.

I dont believe they will see that that way - i believe they'll believe twhat most fans are digesting and that Keegan has been forced out.

5 players were bought for him (apparently), do you think Jonas, Coloccini, Xisco, etc. will see it that way?

Are you implying that they would be offended by him resigning? If so, its a fair point, but the issue was with Nacho or Xisco and both did hold talks with him, Xisco spoke reasonably highly of him so...

At the end of the day they are professionals but i truly believe the more influential memeber of the team - Given, Harper, Owen etc would of been gutted and slighlty resentful of the board for hs departure. Owen especially.

has to be said aswell,in spite of everything,owen was fantastic today

If KK comes back with the people who were above him, now out of the door, I think they'd accept him back without a doubt. If, however, he just strolls back in sometime in midweek under the same circumstances, I think there'd be a lot of resentment towards him.

has to be said aswell,in spite of everything,owen was fantastic today

Owen was the best player by a mile, and I'm not even a fan usually.

If KK comes back with the people who were above him, now out of the door, I think they'd accept him back without a doubt. If, however, he just strolls back in sometime in midweek under the same circumstances, I think there'd be a lot of resentment towards him.

i dont think so. there are a lot of mongs out there who just want keegan in charge,regardless of wether he's in the right or wrong

i dont think so. there are a lot of mongs out there who just want keegan in charge,regardless of wether he's in the right or wrong

I'm talking about the players.

I'm talking about the players.

uh huh ?