Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

I think the performance today (losing poorly against a team we should be comfortably beating) has made many question Keegan. It showed where we are on the pitch as a result of him resigning, and it isn't good.

Do u blame KK for resigning then?

Eh? I'm just saying why I think so many have turned on KK after today's game. Nowt to do with my own opinions on the saga.

If he comes back then surely we have an unsackable manager which is not a very good idea.

Thats the thing tho, right now he has done nothing wrong to be sacked/forced to resign.

IF we are crap for a good spell under KK, then he will be sackable.

BUT, as i said, right now, the fans dont want him out, he has done nothing to warrant not being manager.

You don't have an unsackable manager at all. KK was pretty much stabbed in the back, and I hope for one that Ashley is trying to do the right thing and get this sorted out. It may just about save his bacon, if he can pull it off.

as yet theres as much proof he spat his dummy

There is plenty of evidence to suggest what has gone on here and it only paints one "bad guy" and it aint Keegan.

- Keegan and his agent say players were bought without his knowledge, which is against what they agreed. "Keegan has final say"

- The club say Keegan knew he had no influence over transfers. Bollocks did he, considering Wise, Keegan and ashley have publicy talked about how he would get final say in all dealings.

To be honest, Madras - I know who my money would be on when it comes to the truth.

This

the club say keegan joined the club agreeing to this structure.

why should i belive either ?

The club have positively confirmed they're liars by releasing a statement that contradicts a lot of what they have said earlier. I don't understand why this is still a matter of debate.

That's my feeling on the matter and why I have taken sides on this.

why shpould i belive either ?

The club only said that once Keegan had gone, before that the only comments from anybody in a position to know said the opposite.  I can't believe I'm having to type this.  :lol:

The club have positively confirmed they're liars by releasing a statement that contradicts a lot of what they have said earlier. I don't understand why this is still a matter of debate.

meanwhile keegan says he had the final say (but really knows he hasn't)............i call that a lie.....what do you call it ?

Why should the club then go on to lie to the fans, and have Keegan do the same? Why not just say that we've got a fantastic modern set-up with world-class scouting and fantastic negotiators: Keegan only needs to say which type of player he wants, and they'll dig him up from somewhere.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest what has gone on here and it only paints one "bad guy" and it aint Keegan.

- Keegan and his agent say players were bought without his knowledge, which is against what they agreed. "Keegan has final say"

- The club say Keegan knew he had no influence over transfers. Bollocks did he, considering Wise, Keegan and ashley have publicy talked about how he would get final say in all dealings.

To be honest, Madras - I know who my money would be on when it comes to the truth.

This

I think Keegan did agree to the structure. But thats slightly different to who had the final word on transfers. Tellingly, the club didnt state that FACT on the web site.

meanwhile keegan says he had the final say (but really knows he hasn't)............i call that a lie.....what do you call it ?

Or.... he thought he'd be having the final say, and then when it gets to deadline day and players are thrust upon him, he realises it not to be the case.

I smell an attention seeker.

Aren't both of your opinions perfectly viable - why is it that his is automatically wroing and is labelled an attention seeker?

Im pretty sure Keegan said he had a say in who he wanted in that role.

Something like there had been a discussion when he took the job and a list of people who were candidate for this role and of them he said he'd prefer that Wise came in...

Cant remeber the exact quote.

Or.... he thought he'd be having the final say, and then when it gets to deadline day and players are thrust upon him, he realises it not to be the case.

or he took the job on, on those terms and thought he'd get his own way eventually (like his first time).

attention seeker  ? more a devils advocate.and even more so someone who looking for facts and evidence of which we have little.

Aren't both of your opinions perfectly viable - why is it that his is automatically wroing and is labelled an attention seeker?

Something like there had been a discussion when he took the job and a list of people who were candidate for this role and of them he said he'd prefer that Wise came in...

You're missing my point completely. I think Keegan DID agree to the structure. but it's plain for all to see that he did not agree to have NO say in transfers. That is backed up with quotes from keegan, Wise and Ashley in recent times.

keegan only siad that after milner.....do you think it only kicked off since then ?

This

I think Keegan did agree to the structure. But thats slightly different to who had the final word on transfers. Tellingly, the club didnt state that FACT on the web site.

but people are missing the point slighlty - this issue only came about withitn the last few days of the transfer window - if this has being going on with most of our transfers then why was it only a REAL issue during the last few days. Surely his integrity had been undermined after the Jonas signing, if he was so determined to stick to his priciples shouldnt he of walked then?

You're missing my point completely. I think Keegan DID agree to the structure. but it's plain for all to see that he did not agree to have NO say in transfers. That is backed up with quotes from keegan, Wise and Ashley in recent times.

Yup thats my take on it. The club are using the word "structure" and trying to make people believe that within that Keegan also agreed to no involvment in transfers.

They do know the internet exists right ?

Yup thats my take on it. The club are using the word "structure" and trying to make people believe that within that Keegan also agreed to no involvment in transfers.

They do know the internet exists right ?

or they know contracts exist

Fair enough - so we agree that he did agree to the structure. Where is the suggesstion that he had NO say? that implies that he had NO say from the start - how come it took him to the end of the window to realise?

Can't see any reason as to KK having a motive to lie over this - he's not that type of man and never has been. As pointed out - Wise, Ashley, etc publicly stated that KK had the final say on transfers. We know though that this has not been the case. Someone (more likely some people) have been lying and it ain't Keegan.

Guest optimistic nit

I almost don't care who we get in now, we need someone, and ASAP.

i'd rather we went a month without a manager if we could go the next 4 years+ with the same manger, fuck part time rushed solutions, we need to take our time.

Fair enough - so we agree that he did agree to the structure. Where is the suggesstion that he had NO say? that implies that he had NO say from the start - how come it took him to the end of the window to realise?

Could it not be that he was promised the final say at the start, and someone in the club later shifted the power base? That's more likely to me.