Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

Guest Toon Saint

To me, is it too much to ask for Wise, etc to scout for players, do comprehensive dossiers on those players, hand their reports in, then go & find other possible targets & let Keegan & Ashley take it from there?

Could this fiasco be settled as simple as that?

Still keeping a large workload away from Keegan to concentrate on the team, but with a heavier workload in transfer windows.

I don't see a reason why we shouldn't try our best for Keegan to come back.

He is the only man for the job, and if truth be told, the only man out their (with the exception of Shearer and Robson) who truly have the clubs best interests at heart.

Why did he leave us deep in the shit then?

Guest Howaythetoon

I think Ashley's statement pretty much confirms that KK has told him to fuck off as KK coming back was his only get out of jail card.

He is the only man for the job, and if truth be told, the only man out their (with the exception of Shearer and Robson) who truly have the clubs best interests at heart.
Kevin Keegan has Kevin Keegans best interests at heart.  People really need to fuck off with this whole selfless martyr image of him they're trying to build.

Guest assyriantoon

I think Kevin Keegan resigned because he didn't feel he could reach the targets the club set for him. Everyone expects for him to go ahead and challenge for fifth and yet he has a net transfer budget of £0 and the club is deciding who to buy for him. It's nothing to do with him not having the clubs best interests at heart and what have you. It's to do with him not being able to get the club where he thinks it should be. You should know him enough to know that he won't stay in a place which doesn't match his own ambition.

what a load of crap, Ashely was the best thing to happen to us for years.

Any man who is successful will be popular and have best interests at heart. Roeder was club captain and still didn't cut it with fans. You cant say Newcastle did nothing for him. If Keane took over and won something he would be the new Messiah

TBH i am more embarressed about losing a good chairman than losing Keegan. Keegan was good but footballs differnet now and a lot of people need to get their heads round that. If we cant spend billions then we wont win the league.... unless we have a business model like Arsenals

Another millionaire may bring Keegan back but it definatly won't bring us long term success

Any man who is successful will be popular and have best interests at heart. Roeder was club captain and still didn't cut it with fans. You cant say Newcastle did nothing for him. If Keane took over and won something he would be the new Messiah

TBH i am more embarressed about losing a good chairman than losing Keegan. Keegan was good but footballs differnet now and a lot of people need to get their heads round that. If we cant spend billions then we wont win the league.... unless we have a business model like Arsenals

Another millionaire may bring Keegan back but it definatly won't bring us long term success

llambias a good chairman????????????????????????????????????//

I think Ashley's statement pretty much confirms that KK has told him to fuck off as KK coming back was his only get out of jail card.

The main difference is that Keegan can walk away and get on with his life, Ashley's still here until someone buys him out.

The main difference is that Keegan can walk away and get on with his life, Ashley's still here until someone buys him out.

I believe this will hurt Keegan until the day that he dies.

Once Ashley sells up, he moves on and spends his millions elsewhere and cares not a jot about Newcastle United.

Guest interceptor

When it comes to the question of who I think has the best interests of Newcastle United at heart, it's Keegan over Ashley every time

I believe this will hurt Keegan until the day that he dies.

Once Ashley sells up, he moves on and spends his millions elsewhere and cares not a jot about Newcastle United.

I agree with this, Keegan will be almost as hurt as us by this whole sorry affair. KK wanted to get us back up there, and make football enjoyable again, maybes even win a trophy. He was doing alright til people started acting up behind his back.

I'm sure KK wishes he was still manager of NUFC, and like you say, in a few years/months/days Ashley wont really give much of a fuck about the club anymore.

Kevin Keegan has Kevin Keegans best interests at heart.  People really need to fuck off with this whole selfless martyr image of him they're trying to build.

IF people start fucking u about at wherever u work, will u just carry on and let them?

Kevin Keegan has Kevin Keegans best interests at heart.  People really need to f*** off with this whole selfless martyr image of him they're trying to build.

IF people start f***ing u about at wherever u work, will u just carry on and let them?

and theres no possibility he was playing power games ?

Guest optimistic nit

I don't know where people are getting this "Keegan left us in the shit" stuff from.

Like HTT said in another thread, he pulled the wool from over our eyes to reveal exactly the shit that's been going on at our club over the last few months.

I still can't fathom, listening to everyone's point of view, how Keegan is to blame for any of this.

i agree with that second parragraph, although i dont blame the intentions of ashley, llamblas, wise or anyone.

he could have stayed though and tried to work it out, he could have stopped the club from getting as fucked up as hit has, although i do sympathise with him.

Kevin Keegan has Kevin Keegans best interests at heart.  People really need to f*** off with this whole selfless martyr image of him they're trying to build.

IF people start f***ing u about at wherever u work, will u just carry on and let them?

If he was, he's won, and good for him. I know who I'd back if you were asking me between Keegan and Ashley, who has the clubs interest at heart.

he won what. he's out of a job.we aren't any better off and more people on here distrust him than before. some win!! what the fuck would a draw have got him ?

If he was, he's won, and good for him. I know who I'd back if you were asking me between Keegan and Ashley, who has the clubs interest at heart.

he won what. he's out of a job.we aren't any better off and more people on here distrust him than before. some win!! what the f*** would a draw have got him ?

He wins if he engineers the downfall of an owner and setup that he believes is unfit to run the club. For what it's worth, I don't believe we've seen the last of the Keegan Newcastle relationship.

95% of the fans right now want Keegan back and Wise and co. out. I don't want to speak for everyone, but that is certainly how my family and group of friends feel.

And to be honest, the majority of the people angry at Keegan on here are just doing so to go against the grain, basing it on very little.

whereas my lot are very much of the opinion that he's as much to blame as the rest.

you'll find that those on here angry at keegan are basing it on the FACT thast we haven't filled in the blank pieces with our imaginations and are waiting for facts. like it or not,keegan lied and i have as much reason to believe him as i have wise,ashley or whoever.

95% of the fans right now want Keegan back and Wise and co. out. I don't want to speak for everyone, but that is certainly how my family and group of friends feel.

95%??

Where on earth do you get that from?

Here's the only figures I can find:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=56213.0

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=56160.0

95%??

Where on earth do you get that from?

Here's the only figures I can find:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=56213.0

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=56160.0

Wow, you've disproved my point by showing me some internet polls. Well done.

Like it or not, the vast majority of Newcastle fans don't spend their lives on internet forums like us, and don't think about the club every hour of the day. If you ask a broad cross section of fans (both young and old, internet users and not), I would be willing to bet my house that 95% would like Keegan back in charge asap.

That's how I gauge it at the moment.

At least I have some real figures. You're quoting 95% based on absolutely nothing.

I've spoken to plenty of casual, non-internet using fans over the last week or so and while many of them DO want Keegan back, I'd say many don't as well. Mainly saying he's a quitter, always throws his rattle out the pram, is unstable etc rather than looking at the politics and trying to figure out who's lying like people on here tend to.

It's certainly nowhere near 95% of all fans clamouring for his return from my experience.

he won what. he's out of a job.we aren't any better off and more people on here distrust him than before. some win!! what the f*** would a draw have got him ?

He wins if he engineers the downfall of an owner and setup that he believes is unfit to run the club. For what it's worth, I don't believe we've seen the last of the Keegan Newcastle relationship.

And to be honest, the majority of the people angry at Keegan on here are just doing so to go against the grain, basing it on very little.

whereas my lot are very much of the opinion that he's as much to blame as the rest.

you'll find that those on here angry at keegan are basing it on the FACT thast we haven't filled in the blank pieces with our imaginations and are waiting for facts. like it or not,keegan lied and i have as much reason to believe him as i have wise,ashley or whoever.

When did Keegan lie?

If your going to say he lied when he sold Milner, is it not possible (like many predicted at the time), that he sanctioned the sale because he was promised that we would sign Player X and Y before the deadline?

first off can you prove any of that ?

then were coloccini and gutierrez his choices or not. if yes he has little argument,if not he lied to us when he said he had complete control of comings and goings.

while we are in the land of possibilities is it possible keegan agreed originally with ashleys structure in order to get the job thinking that he could get his own way later by threatening to walk out (it worked on SJH some years earlier)