The Weekend's Other Matches

Guest quklaani

Milner's deeply average; was for us, sounds like he has been so far for Villa. I couldn't give a fuck whether I 'shouldn't' be mocking them, the fact is they massively overpaid us for him, so it's funny that he's not showing that worth. One good game against a Championship side and a ridiculous fee and loads suddenly choose to forget his seasons of mediocrity.

We miss his replacement, not him.

Btw Berbatov might have scored tonight but he is so slow and slack it's untrue. Sounds a daft thing to say but besides the goal he did absolutely nothing. Even then he celebrated like he was still at Spurs ffs, not having just made the dream move he was wanting all summer.

He's probably getting the benefit of the doubt due to a firing Rooney right now but regardless of the fee I can't see Fergie accepting the attitude for too long. Not when the alternative is Carlos Tevez.

Milner's deeply average; was for us, sounds like he has been so far for Villa. I couldn't give a f*** whether I 'shouldn't' be mocking them, the fact is they massively overpaid us for him, so it's funny that he's not showing that worth. One good game against a Championship side and a ridiculous fee and loads suddenly choose to forget his seasons of mediocrity.

We miss his replacement, not him.

OOOH get you sister.

Daves hit nail on the head with Milner, chuffed we got 12m.

I see Berbs being the tap in player theyve missed.

Did they miss that player when winning the Champions League and Premier League? I know it's another string to their bow and they probably can't expect to rely on Ronaldo scoring as many again, but I just think £30m could maybe have been spent better elsewhere.

Guest Heneage

110% agree but hes there now. They should have gone for Owen really, Could have spent 10-12 maybe then bought a good midfielder. Its bit like Arsenal in the sense they play beautiful stuff but sometimes they just need someone who'd welly it in.

They should have gone for Owen really, Could have spent 10-12 maybe then bought a good midfielder.

They were looking for someone with a bit of height up front who could hold the ball & all there players who drop deep could work around. Berba is the ideal signing for them. Owen was not what Man Utd needed at all.

Speaking of "tap in" men, did any see Merson today saying Arsenal should have signed Robbie Fowler to play against the non-top 4 teams in the league because they dominate and make so many chances all they need is someone to be able to finish.

Guest Heneage

When have you ever seen Man Utd lump it up front to the striker Spence? They often pass it round midfield and up that way.

When have you ever seen Man Utd lump it up front to the striker Spence? They often pass it round midfield and up that way.

When your a good team it is a long pass. I used to see them do it often with Beckham to RVN & back in the day chaps like Sharpe, Giggs & Kanchelskis used to whip crosses in for Dublin & Cantona.

Like most teams they tend to lump it forward from goalkeeper kicks & Berba will be a better target to aim for than Rooney & Tevez.

Guest king harry

Speaking of "tap in" men, did any see Merson today saying Arsenal should have signed Robbie Fowler to play against the non-top 4 teams in the league because they dominate and make so many chances all they need is someone to be able to finish.

Listning to merson just about every week, its easy to see how he lost so much money gambling. For an exproffesional he seems to not know much about football.

Commentator about Berbatov - "You cant tell from his reaction there is an element of relief in that"

What utter shite. I would guess he looks more overjoyed when the post gets delivered. I love how these commentators just make stuff up to try and develop some kind of an angle

Btw Berbatov might have scored tonight but he is so slow and slack it's untrue. Sounds a daft thing to say but besides the goal he did absolutely nothing. Even then he celebrated like he was still at Spurs ffs, not having just made the dream move he was wanting all summer.

He's probably getting the benefit of the doubt due to a firing Rooney right now but regardless of the fee I can't see Fergie accepting the attitude for too long. Not when the alternative is Carlos Tevez.

I think Shearer called it right on MOTD. Berbatov is just warming up and will get better.

But bloody hell, Rooney what a player. That first goal of his won't get many replays but he had no right to score it. The defender and keeper did nothing wrong but still it went in.

Listning to merson just about every week, its easy to see how he lost so much money gambling. For an exproffesional he seems to not know much about football.

You're right. If he thinks Arsenal dominated today then that's another example even before his ridiculous Fowler suggestion. Maybe they should sign Gerd Muller as well. :lol: I do find Merson quite funny though, at least he's got a personality.

Proper pissed off today mind. We were the  better team in the first half and deserved to go in 1-0 up. Then Moyes sends them out to defend in the second half even though defending has been our weakpoint all season. Total f***ing idiot. He cost us the game single handedly today.

Apparently it kicked off in a big way at the Emirates as well.