Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:suicide:

Do you actually like anything about NUFC?  Hate Shearer, hate Keegan. Love Hughton, love Ashley(?).

I'm an adult and therefore have access to more emotions than love and hate.

Come back after you have passed through puberty and if you still don't understand I'll explain it to you. :angel:

Judging by your posts I'd by surprised if you were over 18.  I also see you have more emotions than love and hate (or at least you say so, I only ever seem to see hate from you) too bad you lack any brains.

Do you actually like anything about NUFC?  Hate Shearer, hate Keegan. Love Hughton, love Ashley(?).

Come back after you have passed through puberty and if you still don't understand I'll explain it to you. :angel:

Judging by your posts I'd by surprised if you were over 18.  I also see you have more emotions than love and hate (or at least you say so, I only ever seem to see hate from you) too bad you lack any brains.

If I'm 18 I somehow managed to attend my first game 14 years before I was born  :idiot2:

If you have been combing through my posts perhaps you could demonstrate your 4 assertions about me.

Over to you to see if you can back up your crap.  :coolsmiley:

If I'm 18 I somehow managed to attend my first game 14 years before I was born  :idiot2:

If you have been combing through my posts perhaps you could demonstrate your 4 assertions about me.

I said 'judging by your posts I'd be surprised if you were over 18', how the hell was I supposed to know when you went to your first game?

And I haven't been combing through your posts, no.  Everytime I see your distinctive avatar though I always seem to see some sort of negative remark about Keegan, Shearer or the club in general.

I said 'judging by your posts I'd be surprised if you were over 18', how the hell was I supposed to know when you went to your first game?

And I haven't been combing through your posts, no.  Everytime I see your distinctive avatar though I always seem to see some sort of negative remark about Keegan, Shearer or the club in general.

Oh well at least you've backtracked on your unfounded assertions - well done.

I'll go through them for you to explain to the simple minded what I mean:

Hate Shearer - Your assertion that was closest to the mark. I loved Shearer for his first 5 years or so here then I feel the whole team had to change to accomodate Big Al and his ego. I also think he acted like a thorough hypocrit over Sir Bobby and the fact he would extend his contract for the likes of Souness speaks volumes to me. I know this will look like blasphemy to criticise a demi-god but he changed from an asset to a burdon years ago. The less said about his managerial abilities the better...................

Hate Keegan - Nope. I just think it's time we moved on and bringing him back would make us an even bigger joke than we already are. You know yourself that if he came back again he'd only walk out again sooner or later.

Love Houghton - I simply think credit where it's due. He's doing a very good job in an incredibly difficult situation yet the likes of you who make excuses for Shearer's time in the managers seat will not credit what Houghton's done with a seriously depleted squad.

Love Ashley - purlease :rolleyes:

What unfounded assertions did I backtrack on?  You completely failed to grasp what I said and I had to explain it to you.  :facepalm:

On the subject of unfounded assertions though...'yet the likes of you who make excuses for Shearer's time in the managers seat will not credit what Houghton's done with a seriously depleted squad,' you don't think that's hypocritical? 

For what it's worth, I don't think Keegan or Shearer are the answer to everyone's problems and I've never said that, I've given 'credit where it's due' (as you said) and defended them against infantile criticisms, as I've done with Hughton, you just seem blinded by your hatred and paint everyone who has a go at you as some sort of misty eyed idiot without a spectrum of emotions.

Frazzle trolled:

What unfounded assertions did I backtrack on? 

This one:

Hate Shearer, hate Keegan. Love Hughton, love Ashley(?)
:rolleyes:

You completely failed to grasp what I said and I had to explain it to you. 

Please show me where you explained my feelings for the 4 people you mentioned.

On the subject of unfounded assertions though...'yet the likes of you who make excuses for Shearer's time in the managers seat will not credit what Houghton's done with a seriously depleted squad,' you don't think that's hypocritical?
Possibly but if I 'love Houghton' as you claim it's only because I do give him credit for doing a good job. The Shearer worshippers on here refuse to acknowledge this fact yet trot out excuses for the last 8 games of last season. It is essentially the same depleted squad we have there now that Houghton has managed to motivate (unlike Shearer)

BTW it was you who wrote this wasn't it?:

And it's not idiotic to say a manager is ***** after 8 games?  You're the kind of idiot who gives Newcastle fans a bad name.

No clue about football. 

:rolleyes:

For what it's worth, I don't think Keegan or Shearer are the answer to everyone's problems and I've never said that, I've given 'credit where it's due' (as you said) and defended them against infantile criticisms, as I've done with Hughton, you just seem blinded by your hatred and paint everyone who has a go at you as some sort of misty eyed idiot without a spectrum of emotions.
See your quote above mr infantile.

I didn't backtrack on what I said.  I still think you hate Keegan.  You attempted to explain your views on him, which was simply you think 'it's time we moved on' which, to be honest,  I don't believe because every time I see you post it's anti-Keegan which seems a pretty strong stance for someone who just wants to move on.  Then again you could be a WUM...

I did write: "And it's not idiotic to say a manager is ***** after 8 games?  You're the kind of idiot who gives Newcastle fans a bad name," yeah.  And it's true, who judges a manager after eight games? :lol:  And if you can't grasp the vast differences between the the period when Shearer was in charge and Hughton taking over again then I don't know what to say. 

Frazzle wrote:

I didn't backtrack on what I said.  I still think you hate Keegan.  You attempted to explain your views on him, which was simply you think 'it's time we moved on' which, to be honest,  I don't believe because every time I see you post it's anti-Keegan which seems a pretty strong stance for someone who just wants to move on.  Then again you could be a WUM...
You'd better post me one of my anti-Keegan rants because that's just more blather.

I did write: "And it's not idiotic to say a manager is ***** after 8 games?  You're the kind of idiot who gives Newcastle fans a bad name," yeah.  And it's true, who judges a manager after eight games? Laughing  And if you can't grasp the vast differences between the the period when Shearer was in charge and Hughton taking over again then I don't know what to say.
There is a massive difference but I'm not going to explain it to you until you can back up a single assertion you have made about me.

Comb right thru my posts and you won't find a single one criticising any payout Keegan wanted/claimed for.

Surely if I really hated the guy that would be too good an opportunity to pass to put the boot in? :coolsmiley:

Frazzle wrote:

You'd better post me one of my anti-Keegan rants because that's just more blather.

I did write: "And it's not idiotic to say a manager is ***** after 8 games?  You're the kind of idiot who gives Newcastle fans a bad name," yeah.  And it's true, who judges a manager after eight games? Laughing  And if you can't grasp the vast differences between the the period when Shearer was in charge and Hughton taking over again then I don't know what to say.
There is a massive difference but I'm not going to explain it to you until you can back up a single assertion you have made about me.

Comb right thru my posts and you won't find a single one criticising any payout Keegan wanted/claimed for.

Surely if I really hated the guy that would be too good an opportunity to pass to put the boot in? :coolsmiley:

Fine, here's some hate for Keegan: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60446.msg1719501.html#msg1719501

Some crap about him leaving us in the 's****' which is the usually crap aimed at Keegan (1997, I seem to remember Keegan leaving us at 4th in table with a fairly decent squad; 2008, Keegan leaves three games into the season, leaving us...OH MY GOD...only 35 games to sort ourselves out, yes, well and truly in the 's****')

and Shearer: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,61246.msg2010945.html#msg2010945

Plus many oblique digs at Keegan and about how **** a manager Shearer is.

So back, to the Shearer issue:

"The Shearer worshippers on here refuse to acknowledge this fact yet trot out excuses for the last 8 games of last season. It is essentially the same depleted squad we have there now that Houghton has managed to motivate (unlike Shearer)"

Are you going to explain how this comment isn't stupid?

Frazzle wrote:

Fine, here's some hate for Keegan: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60446.msg1719501.html#msg1719501

Some crap about him leaving us in the 's****' which is the usually crap aimed at Keegan (1997, I seem to remember Keegan leaving us at 4th in table with a fairly decent squad; 2008, Keegan leaves three games into the season, leaving us...OH MY GOD...only 35 games to sort ourselves out, yes, well and truly in the 's****')

Sorry mate facts is facts - he has dropped us right in the shit twice by walking out during the season.

Still - nothing about his claim against the club, are you prepared to concede that would be an 'open goal' to exploit if I really did hate the guy? :dontknow:

Yes I do think he's shit - yet I'm supposed to like him. Read the thread title you have posted.

For a fuller explanation of this see my earlier post.

Plus many oblique digs at Keegan and about how **** a manager Shearer is.

No links offered, try again.

So back, to the Shearer issue:

"The Shearer worshippers on here refuse to acknowledge this fact yet trot out excuses for the last 8 games of last season. It is essentially the same depleted squad we have there now that Houghton has managed to motivate (unlike Shearer)"

Are you going to explain how this comment isn't stupid?

You'd better explain how it is stupid first. You could start by pointing out what is factually incorrect about the statement.

As for Keegan, I agree facts are facts.  As for his claim, many people have explained why it was high, to argue against it would make you look like an idiot.

So you think Shearer is **** but you don't hate him.  Fair enough.

No links offered? (apart from the ones I gave) As I said 'oblique' references.  Almost every post you make is pulling someone up for defending Shearer/Keegan.

So...how this quote is stupid?:

So, we're in a different division which doesn't include Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa, Spurs and Stoke (this should be a big enough reason alone),  Hughton has had a pre-season (had time to bond with players, devise tactics, scout teams etc.), he didn't take over a team fresh from defeats but one that had a summer to prepare etc. etc.

Where were Hughton's motivational skills in September 08?  Or Feb-April 09?

Frazzle - Blame my aspbergers but I do like to go through every line ;)

As for Keegan, I agree facts are facts.
Good

As for his claim, many people have explained why it was high, to argue against it would make you look like an idiot.
For the last time if I really hated Keegan I would have made numerous posts about him taking millions out of the club.

I haven't :dave:

So you think Shearer is **** but you don't hate him.  Fair enough.

:thup:

No links offered? (apart from the ones I gave) As I said 'oblique' references.
No links to support that particular allegation.

Almost every post you make is pulling someone up for defending Shearer/Keegan.
Exactly. I pull other people up for their fawning over these two.

This forum is full of starry eyed dreamers who think these two can do absolutely no wrong whatsoever. The reality is somewhat different, I'm just pointing that out. For proof of this see the thread where Shearer was appointed manager, I'm convinced 90%+ of the posts in that thread came from people with a mental age under 5. Shearer was going to boost the dressing room/win loads of games/attract better players/sort out everyone in the premier league/let bullets bounce off him etc etc etc.

Totally embarrassing and pathetic not grounded in any reality at all :facepalm:

So...how this quote is stupid?:

So, we're in a different division which doesn't include Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa, Spurs and Stoke (this should be a big enough reason alone),  Hughton has had a pre-season (had time to bond with players, devise tactics, scout teams etc.), he didn't take over a team fresh from defeats but one that had a summer to prepare etc. etc.

Where were Hughton's motivational skills in September 08?  Or Feb-April 09?

Fair point about his failings last year, I just think he's doing a great job at the moment under very difficult circumstances.

Do I think Shearer would do a better job? - Not really, he'd have persuaded some of his old pals to stay and they'd be starting in every game. :nope:

EDIT - My 1000th post  :celb: