Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i do think this would be for the best, really. i'd like us to open a new chapter rather than try to hark back to past successes, or near successes. saying that, our terrible position in the league, lack of manager, club ran unprofessionally behind the scenes and so on means that getting Keegan in would sort a lot of these problems out. I think he'd take us up and get us stablisied in the premiership, maybe a little more. and that is what we need at this point. so while i'd like us to look beyond him, i'd also take him because we're not really in a position to choose.

Heart says "I luv the Keegan years and would welcome him back". Head says "Maybe its best to move on as we will be forever trapped in KK era"

johnnypd does have a very good point that in our state right now, not many proper  :rolleyes: managers will take us on right now. So we will be left with iffy choices. This being the case, I rather we have KK back till we are have stabilized ourselves and buy us some time.

Shearer will never make a good manager.

too confrontational?

Alex Ferguson doesn't have a problem with that approach. It could be the case that Shearer would get results once he's stamped his authority but I do have a few doubts as to whether players actually will give 100% for him. He's always seemed a bit smug and arrogant to me, whereas if I was a footballer I'd run through a brick wall for Keegan.

Guest ToonBart

too confrontational?

Alex Ferguson doesn't have a problem with that approach. It could be the case that Shearer would get results once he's stamped his authority but I do have a few doubts as to whether players actually will give 100% for him. He's always seemed a bit smug and arrogant to me, whereas if I was a footballer I'd run through a brick wall for Keegan.

In a nut shell...... Roy Keanish

This is NUFC and not KKFC. Some people need to let the man go.

My point yes he's Kevin Keegan, but any 'crazyness' & sentimentality that comes with that appointment doesnt actually have any bearing on the likelyhood hes potentially the best man out there for the job, and would be able to do well in the job, and take this club forward, which is what we all want.

I'd sooner have Keegan back than Shearer as manager. With Keegan you know what you're getting at this level, and mid-table to top of the Premiership (although that was some time ago). Shearer...I'm yet to be convinced. As Toonbart pointed out, he just has that presence like Keane, or dare I say it, a manager he respected a lot, Souness.

I'd sooner have Keegan back than Shearer as manager. With Keegan you know what you're getting at this level, and mid-table to top of the Premiership (although that was some time ago). Shearer...I'm yet to be convinced. As Toonbart pointed out, he just has that presence like Keane, or dare I say it, a manager he respected a lot, Souness.

too early to say. but there have one or two signs...

Would agree with this opinion.

There is a childlike quality in Keegan, a naivity, that just makes you warm to him. Shearer doesnt appear to have that. Thats by no means a criticism, its just his natural personality.

But as has been said many times previously, maybe he needs to be given the job full time just to get it over with and to stop the press goiing on about him being "the fans choice".

Of course nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Shearer succeed

too confrontational?

i wouldn't say that encapsulates SAF's style though. While he can lash out, get rid of players at the drop of the hat etc, he also has the other side where he is a father figure to some of his players, even ronaldo said that. players know he will take care of them, develop them, fight for them, so they work hard for him as a result, not wanting to let him down. he uses the carrot not only the stick.

I know it was just tv commentary, not management, and only shearer's personal view, but could you see Fergie telling Rooney to 'plant one' on Ronaldo after a game? Nah, fergie decided to turn him into the world's most productive player instead.

For one reason and one reason only I would appoint Keegan again - and that would be to come in under a new owner and take us to the top of the Premiership just to stick two fingers up at the wanksplats currently in charge.

I would have KK back but the club would have to cover themselves in case he left us.What they should do is give him contract with clause in so if he left then he would have to pay us & secondly  I think they would wise to appoint a DOF/ED(F) so if he does go the club can carry on as it has people in place to help it achieve long term goals. The last thing we would is KK bolting & it all caves in.

For one reason and one reason only I would appoint Keegan again - and that would be to come in under a new owner and take us to the top of the Premiership just to stick two fingers up at the wanksplats currently in charge.

Someone suggested a while ago that Ashley's ego probably wouldn't let him sell up in case someone else does well with us.

I can't disagree with that too much.

Someone suggested a while ago that Ashley's ego probably wouldn't let him sell up in case someone else does well with us.

Who? Me?  ???

Who? Me? ???

No mate, didn't mean that. Might have been someone on Toontastic. I was just saying as it's a similar theme to your post.

Who? Me?  ???

No mate, didn't mean that. Might have been someone on Toontastic. I was just saying as it's a similar theme to your post.

Ah right  :laugh: got me all confused for a moment...