Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KK needs to come back and finish the job he started.

When he came back in January, he was never going to be our long-term manager. He was the short-term fix to get the club stable and back on track. Unfortunately he left before that was completed. He needs to come back in, be given money and the final say on everything related to the first team, and he needs to spend a few years stablising us.

Then, and only then, we allow him to retire on a high, still loved by everyone and with the club being a more attractive prospect, we replace him with a better manager and can finally move on.

Guest Singapore Mag

After everything thats happened, i believe if he came back this time , he'd be with us for good (almost :p )

If Ashley finally concedes, KK would be set. Imagine the rejoicing..

Terry Mac and Sadler would have to be given their jobs back too, the fact they were shown the door so quickly does make a KK return a longer shot tho.

No, going with the majority, he'll most probably f*ck off & leave us in the sh!t again. We just dont need that at the club anytime soon.

Zico/Fatih would be nice!

What' the point, he would only do it again. He should never have come back.

Even if he did quit, at least the fans would be willing to give a new manager a chance if KK quit for no good reason. The only way for Ashley to go is to bring him, back, relegate Wise's role to a minor one, and give Keegan control of signings with a reasonable budget of around £20m or more and trust him to spend it wisely. We can't move on until Keegan's had his final fling.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

What the hell would he do when he comes back? Say he gets full control over transfers, says "I want players X Y Z" Ashley can't free up enough funds to bring them in so who's to say he won't walk again? He let us down as much as anyone this time and the best way to move on is to appoint someone else.

No, going with the majority, he'll most probably f*ck off & leave us in the sh!t again. We just dont need that at the club anytime soon.

Zico/Fatih would be nice!

You haven't gone with the majority, 65.9% would have him back.  :lol:

What the hell would he do when he comes back? Say he gets full control over transfers, says "I want players X Y Z" Ashley can't free up enough funds to bring them in so who's to say he won't walk again? He let us down as much as anyone this time and the best way to move on is to appoint someone else.

He hasn't walked over funds, he's walked because of who spent them.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He hasn't walked over funds, he's walked because of who spent them.

He's walked over funds before.

He's walked over funds before.

It doesn't mean he'll do it again, when he walked over funds last time he'd been promised that he'd get money which wasn't handed over.

Can't imagine him being happy managing without major funds though. Keegan's only ever took club jobs where he's had access to some decent cash for transfers.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He's just a serial walker. I won't feel secure in the club's future with him in charge now unless his feet are cemented to the touchline. We've been through this shit before with Shearer staying on too long and affecting the team. We need to let go, move on and do the best for the club. This endless cycle of sentimentality and farce has got us nowhere and will get us nowhere in the future.

Has to be yes; so we can move on. Ashley resurrects the messiah, doesn't let him manage in his way, forces him out & tries to get him back.  We'd have all been better off if he hadn't appointed him in the first place; he's made a complete mess of things. We need closure on KK so he either comes back or Ashley has to go. If this drags on we could go down.

Can't imagine him being happy managing without major funds though. Keegan's only ever took club jobs where he's had access to some decent cash for transfers.

He's always taken over clubs which have required major work.

He's just a serial walker. I won't feel secure in the club's future with him in charge now unless his feet are cemented to the touchline. We've been through this s*** before with Shearer staying on too long and affecting the team. We need to let go, move on and do the best for the club. This endless cycle of sentimentality and farce has got us nowhere and will get us nowhere in the future.

The serial walker was here for 5 year, left Fulham for England, walked out on England then spent 4 years at Man City.

wanting him back, for me, is like wanting my divorced parents to reconcile--a longing for happier times of my childhood.  it could never be the same, blame would have to accepted on both sides.  in fact they'd both have to be falling all over themselves, "i'm sorry."   

"no, I'M sorry" 

"no, really i should never have..."

"shush, it's my fault really..."

and then walk hand in hand into the sun...

sigh...couldn't happen.  but i still want it to b/c if they DID get it right, we all live happily ever after. 

voted yes.  :angel: