Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His record quite frankly is no greater than Sam Allardyces or even Alan Curbishley, anyone care to point out anything majorly wrong with this statement feel free.

Statistics, statistics.

Allardyce and Curbishley couldnt come close to rejuvinating not only the club, but the area as a whole like Kevin Keegan did.

Thats worth almost as much as a piece of silverware.

So, basically what you're saying is that you're thiking with your heart? Pretty much proved my argument for me.

Thanks.

I love how "the mob have spoken" yet all the people who are so vehemently against what they did at the Hull game dont appear to be doing anything in response.

Personally, I would never have got involved in the whole thing as I certainly didnt want him to sell up but I also dont really think they had an effect on Ashley's decision. I think it was a convenient excuse for him to get out.

He is still here and I think there may still be a chance to get him to change his mind but I guess he isnt being made aware of what support is out there for him

Like what? Do you honestly think people would get together and protest against bringing Keegan back?

That is possibly the most stupid thing I've ever read on this board. :lol:

Ah worded shite.. I meant getting Ashley to stay

I love how "the mob have spoken" yet all the people who are so vehemently against what they did at the Hull game dont appear to be doing anything in response.

Personally, I would never have got involved in the whole thing as I certainly didnt want him to sell up but I also dont really think they had an effect on Ashley's decision. I think it was a convenient excuse for him to get out.

He is still here and I think there may still be a chance to get him to change his mind but I guess he isnt being made aware of what support is out there for him

Like what? Do you honestly think people would get together and protest against bringing Keegan back?

Ah worded s****.. I meant getting Ashley to stay

You say it as though supporting Ashley is mutally exclusive to not supporting Keegan in the eyes of the populus.

Ah worded s****.. I meant getting Ashley to stay

You say it as though supporting Ashley is mutally exclusive to not supporting Keegan in the eyes of the populus.

To be honest I havent a clue any more. I have had a bottle of strong red wine for my daughters birthday and I am sick of the same things getting talked about.

I want something good to happen

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't hold him accountable for any of the mess we are in whatsoever and the man is and always will remain a hero to me not just for what he did for us but for what he stands for. However the club and everyone connected with Newcastle United now needs to move on from him and for good too. Those years as a player and then as manager (during both spells) will live long in the memory and whatever success this club of ours achieves in the future a percentage of it will be owed to Kevin Keegan who rescued the club from the darkest depths and made everyone believe in it again. Today every ambition, hope and expectation we have comes from the work of Keegan. Our idea of what kind of team we'd like to see, what kind of success we can achieve, stems from his time at the club. It is just a shame it all ended so wrong, I won't say bad because we could move on from this and for the better, but KK and Newcastle United feels right and was right. Not now though and never again.

Have a night in re-reading some of your own.

Get you. :shepherd:

Guest Darth Toon

Of course I would take him back - if he's backed properly he can still motivate the players and galvanise this club like no-one else could hope to.

I have absolutely no qualms about living in the past - the past with KK was fucking brilliant.

I don't do emoticons.

Defo we need him back desperatly.We were playing good stuff just before he left and now look at us

Like struggling to break down Bolton, getting taken to extra time by a Championship team and being embarrassed by Arsenal?

I don't do emoticons.

I'd try and master quoting posts before messing around with those.

I don't hold him accountable for any of the mess we are in whatsoever and the man is and always will remain a hero to me not just for what he did for us but for what he stands for. However the club and everyone connected with Newcastle United now needs to move on from him and for good too. Those years as a player and then as manager (during both spells) will live long in the memory and whatever success this club of ours achieves in the future a percentage of it will be owed to Kevin Keegan who rescued the club from the darkest depths and made everyone believe in it again. Today every ambition, hope and expectation we have comes from the work of Keegan. Our idea of what kind of team we'd like to see, what kind of success we can achieve, stems from his time at the club. It is just a shame it all ended so wrong, I won't say bad because we could move on from this and for the better, but KK and Newcastle United feels right and was right. Not now though and never again.

Ok, genuine question. How is his 2nd spell as manager memorable other than for the wrong reasons? It barely had time to even begin yielding results! Yes the football improved, and we managed to string a few good results together. But how is that memorable? Souness went on a 8 game winning streak (iirc) and Roeder oversaw a good few games unbeaten.

His record quite frankly is no greater than Sam Allardyces or even Alan Curbishley, anyone care to point out anything majorly wrong with this statement feel free.

Statistics, statistics.

Allardyce and Curbishley couldnt come close to rejuvinating not only the club, but the area as a whole like Kevin Keegan did.

Thats worth almost as much as a piece of silverware.

I'd argue that both Allardyce and Curbishley did as much for Bolton and Charlton respectively as Keegan did for us.  Arguably, given their resources, more.

I don't do emoticons.

I'd try and master quoting posts before messing around with those.

Yes, alright. I will if you will.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ok, genuine question. How is his 2nd spell as manager memorable other than for the wrong reasons? It barely had time to even begin yielding results! Yes the football improved, and we managed to string a few good results together. But how is that memorable? Souness went on a 8 game winning streak (iirc) and Roeder oversaw a good few games unbeaten.

I was there against Stoke and against Bolton, for weeks the whole city was buzzing and in KK dreamland, the team and club have had better days of course but I can't remember the whole city being as happy as that since KK was last here. For that alone it was memorable. Then there was the 4-1 win over Spurs, the way he got Owen playing and scoring, how at one and spirited the team were becoming. For a few months  all at Newcastle were happy, content. This has always been a turbulent club and these moments are worth  a lot even when so fleeting.

The saddest thing about all this is that KK is actually a very good manager who if backed financially and supported 100% in running the club, he is arguably the only man capable of taking this strange club of ours higher than we dare imagine.

In KK we trust... ed.

We could appoint a good manager who has a great spell but a lot of fans will always be wondering in the backs of their head when the wheels are coming off like many did under Sir Bobby. With KK he had the capacity to make us genuinly believe.

At a club like Newcastle where there is no grey areas where when we lose its all doom and gloom and when we win the world is our oyster, that kind of belief whatever is actually happening is very potent and half the battle.

IMO anyway.

I wouldn't take him back. True enough he raises the players and seems to get the best out of the weaker or under fire players but you're never sure when he may up root. Theres no arguing that he is a good manager but the club need someone to match the fans/medias/owners expectations (on recent observationbs this is shockingly high). Keegan could only take us so far and when the moment comes when he decides to leave/gets kicked out, we would have the same sort of mess seen in recent weeks.

As for keegans thinking, I would hate to be thought of as a chess piece. As much as I'd love to go back and be the possible hero, there would always be something digging away inside me thinking that I was only there for club income and to keep the masses sweet.

What KK has shown is that these players especially perhaps need a man manager more than a coach...

What KK has shown is that theres a massive gap in calibre between a good coach like him, and shit ones like Souness, Roeder and Allardyce.

Guest Howaythetoon

What KK has shown is that these players especially perhaps need a man manager more than a coach...

not so sure about that. i doubt even a keegan team with those 4 first teamers out would have got more on saturday.

I'm talking in general since he returned. The players or a good chunk of them seemed to respond better to man management more than coaching details which in the wide scheme of things is all the same anyway, training rarely varies from one club to another at the majority of them.

not so sure about that. i doubt even a keegan team with those 4 first teamers out would have got more on saturday.

I'm talking in general since he returned. The players or a good chunk of them seemed to respond better to man management more than coaching details which in the wide scheme of things is all the same anyway, training rarely varies from one club to another at the majority of them.

i see. i always thought he was a better coach than given credit for and it wouldn't have took much to get better out of a decent,if small squad that allardyce left