Shepherd Legacy

macbeth

Macbeth just pulls figures out of his arse, always has done.

Just because he then runs those figures through Chart Wizard doesnt mean the original figures are correct.

I will happily take down any of the figures I have quoted if you can show me where they are wrong. If any of those numbers are wrong then Shepherd will not be allowed to be a company director as he signed the accounts and gave them to Companies House. They don't like being lied to.

Over to you, find me one, and I'll happily apologise, otherwsie I'll assume that really you accept them, and were just making your comment for a laugh.

I was being jovial tbf but i will make some serious points for you.

The rest of the premiership is run the same way and the data in 2007 showed most other clubs were making bigger losses than us (the data was posted on this forum and debated at length). You always made it sound like we were the only club with financial issues, whereas in fact we were / are just typical.

Debt is not a big issue when you have a certain income stream. If you sell shirts for a living, you cant hold that much debt as shirts can go out of fashion. Football clubs are for life not just for christmas. Hence Arsenal's debt is astronomical but manageable etc etc etc Top 4 blah blah blah.

More importantly, where have you been for the last 2 weeks? Surely your time had come when the fans started the Ashley out stuff, surely you should have been supporting him as he saved the club from extinction?

You've come back when Shepherd was mentioned but not when the man who saved the club from Shepherd needed your support. Strange that.

What does that hve to do with the point that is being debated?

It seems to be up there on the NE5 scale of diversionary tactics when faced with facts.

Its all a bit pointless isnt it?

Shepherd has an awful lot to answer for. I think that is indisputable.

Ashley is the biggest investor this club has ever had, however,  he doesnt have the financial clout to put us anywhere near where we want to be.

Both are guilty of appalling PR.

I wouldnt want Fred back and I dont think Ashley has handled it well.

Its all a bit pointless isnt it?

Shepherd has an awful lot to answer for. I think that is indisputable.

Ashley is the biggest investor this club has ever had, however,  he doesnt have the financial clout to put us anywhere near where we want to be.

Both are guilty of appalling PR.

I wouldnt want Fred back and I dont think Ashley has handled it well.

I wouldn't really say Ashley had appealing PR. The only reason he was constantly in the paper for negative things were when the media wanted to stir things up between him, keegan and the fans (apart from recent weeks when the witch hunt occured).

I wouldn't say getting in with the fans, chatting to fans, laughing with fans and partying with the fans was bad PR. Completely the opposite really, something that I really valued in him. I'd much rather have an owner that did that than comes to the club once in a blue moon.

Macbeth just pulls figures out of his arse, always has done.

Just because he then runs those figures through Chart Wizard doesnt mean the original figures are correct.

I will happily take down any of the figures I have quoted if you can show me where they are wrong. If any of those numbers are wrong then Shepherd will not be allowed to be a company director as he signed the accounts and gave them to Companies House. They don't like being lied to.

Over to you, find me one, and I'll happily apologise, otherwsie I'll assume that really you accept them, and were just making your comment for a laugh.

I was being jovial tbf but i will make some serious points for you.

The rest of the premiership is run the same way and the data in 2007 showed most other clubs were making bigger losses than us (the data was posted on this forum and debated at length). You always made it sound like we were the only club with financial issues, whereas in fact we were / are just typical.

Debt is not a big issue when you have a certain income stream. If you sell shirts for a living, you cant hold that much debt as shirts can go out of fashion. Football clubs are for life not just for christmas. Hence Arsenal's debt is astronomical but manageable etc etc etc Top 4 blah blah blah.

More importantly, where have you been for the last 2 weeks? Surely your time had come when the fans started the Ashley out stuff, surely you should have been supporting him as he saved the club from extinction?

You've come back when Shepherd was mentioned but not when the man who saved the club from Shepherd needed your support. Strange that.

he has a grudge against Shepherd, because he/they [quite rightly] refused macbeth and a few others in input into how the club is run or something. Why he thinks that they would do that is quite beyond me, but there you go.

He was beefing on about dividends etc when the club was about to play in the FA Cup Final, and long before they appointed Souness and even before they appointed Bobby Robson.

Quite simply, its a chip on the shoulder.

He also thinks Adam Crozier would be a perfect chairman for Newcastle United. The same man who launched the new Wembley project at an astronomical cost in cash and to genuine supporters for decades in terms of cup tickets and is a corporates paradise.

Strange from someone so obsessed with keeping costs down, and for a "football supporter" to see fans priced out of watching big games at the new stadium.

you've re-appeared too

Happy you have what you wished for ?

:idiot2:

What did I wish for?

wish I'd put a bet on that you'd say that  mackems.gif

You now have a club without a fat b****** in charge that doesn't embarrass you.

A few mediocre teams might embarrass you instead though. Just like your good old days.  bluelaugh.gif

As much as I disagree with you on this point, why do you have to come across as such an abrasive, arrogant tosser when you reply?

Try to answer that question only.

you mean that I'm right and you can't see it or bring yourself to admit it ?

I think those who can't see the blatantly obvious, and ignore factual information that doesn't suit their "opinion", are tossers.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the club hasn't embarrassed you in the last 2 weeks ?

It's embarrassed me, more than for many years. I wouldn't really be arsed, but the sad thing is, the only way they are going on the field is headlong into a relegation fight that may be lost unless the soopa new owner abandons his so called "plan" or buggers off and sells to someone who knows something about football. And that DOES bother me.

No, I mean that you come across as an over excited, abrasive, arrogant, tosspot when you've replied to the posts on this thread.  After reading it, you have pissed me off far more with your attitude than your actual viewpoint.

Every now and then, someone new comes along and makes this discovery. It's a shame, really.

it's more of a shame, in my opinion, that people continue to have their heads in the sand, despite the events of the last 2 weeks and the clubs future prospects when put against the fat bastard of the old regime.

Basically speaking, if anybody think we are better off now than we were 18 months ago, they need their head examined.

I think you'll have a job finding anyone who thinks we're better off now.  But again, keep battling against the nasty hordes that you seem to think all completely disagree with you, all the time.  I'm not ashamed to admit that recent events are shit, as shit as they've been in recent memory.  But then, we weren't going anywhere good with the last lot, otherwise we wouldn't be here, where we are, would we? 

We can agree or disagree on this without you having to personally attack or attribute assumed views to me, Mick, Macbeth, Ozziemandias, Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy etc.  Ultimately your idea of discussion and debate always ends up with defaming your opponents.  That's _the_ shame here because you've obviously got a lot of experience of following NUFC but you're all too ready to disappear up your own arse.  It's a football forum, not Question Time.

If you want me or anyone lse to bow down and worship your almighty foresight, borne of years of experience, and how we should OBVIOUSLY have kept your favourite chairman in the world ever - which is apparently what you want everyone to do?  Then you can kindly fuck off with that sanctimonious bollocks.

OK.  This is the bit where you reply by taking a few choice phrases from my post, re-using them and then prattling on about something else that shows how wrong I, and everyone else, always is.

Its a real shame that you are resorting to silly comments like "favourite chairman", they let you down, and others too.

I stand by what I always said, the old board did very well for the club, and replacing them with better people who want genuine success on the field for the club like they did, will be a lot harder than you think.

ALL the disagreements I've had revolve around this basic statement in some form or another.

I don't think I've rearranged any of your statements here, this is it. As basic as possible.

Some people however are sadly so lacking they ask for ridicule. Its unavoidable.

And FWIW, respect for admitting that that we aren't that well off just now, and Ashley has fucked up [unlike some] and believe me when I say that I would far rather he had taken the chance last friday to put right what he had got wrong, and better still that he had came in in the first place with the right idea.

Who won't admit Ashley has fucked up?

to put it differently Dave, look for the person who won't admit he got what he wished for.

Especially when he replies in as childish a fashion imagineable.

to put it differently Dave, look for the person who won't admit he got what he wished for.

The forum doesn't allow usernames that long, so that can't be right. Who won't admit Ashley has fucked up?

The forum doesn't allow usernames that long, so that can't be right. Who won't admit Ashley has fucked up?

eh ?

Are you defending the indefensible, or your mate ?

It's quite a simple question, I thought.

you have the answer in the link. Its quite a simple question I've asked your mate too ? Please explain why you don't ask him to answer simple questions ?

mackems.gif

"Will you admit Ashley has fucked up?"

"Yes, readily."

"Well what I meant was are you happy you got what you wanted?"

"This isn't what I wanted."

"Well I'm telling you it's what you wanted now are you happy or not?"

mackems.gif

"Will you admit Ashley has fucked up?"

"Yes, readily."

"Well what I meant was are you happy you got what you wanted?"

"This isn't what I wanted."

"Well I'm telling you it's what you wanted now are you happy or not?"