So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Rob Lee made an interesting point on Sky there.

If Mike Ashley came out and held his hands up like Levy this weekend, and admitted he'd f*cked up, got rid of everyone, and brought back a manager with sole control, would people take him back?

No.

Yes.

It would take a lot more than him to do that, he'd actually have to spend some money in the transfer market for once. And then that begs the question, if he'd have done that now, why not back when?

So you prefer to act like a huffy teenager than think about what might be best going forward for the club?

People make mistakes.

And thinking Ashley would be best for the club going forward would be one of them. His priorities are clearly profit over performance.

If Mike Ashley came out and held his hands up like Levy this weekend, and admitted he'd f*cked up, got rid of everyone, and brought back a manager with sole control, would people take him back?

No.

Yes.

It would take a lot more than him to do that, he'd actually have to spend some money in the transfer market for once. And then that begs the question, if he'd have done that now, why not back when?

So you prefer to act like a huffy teenager than think about what might be best going forward for the club?

People make mistakes.

And thinking Ashley would be best for the club going forward would be one of them.

Take that one up with Sir John Hall.

I would, I don't think he gave a shit who he sold the club to, but at least he managed to have it up for sale for 2 years without as much disruption to the team.

To be fair though, no-one can really know what the intentions of a new owner actually are, they all come out with the same bollocks about moving the club forwards. You can only guess their motives from their previous exploits, and try to see through the spin and look at what they actually do.

I would, I don't think he gave a shit who he sold the club to, but at least he managed to have it up for sale for 2 years without as much disruption to the team.

To be fair though, no-one can really know what the intentions of a new owner actually are, they all come out with the same bollocks about moving the club forwards. You can only guess their motives from their previous exploits, and try to see through the spin and look at what they actually do.

Technically it was up for sale from 1997

I would, I don't think he gave a s*** who he sold the club to, but at least he managed to have it up for sale for 2 years without as much disruption to the team.

Technically it was up for sale from 1997

Technically every club is up for sale all the time, for the right price.

Hall was actively looking sell up without trying to hide the fact for at least 2 years though, which I think you know is what I meant.

Id have Mike back if he held his hands up and cleared out like Levy has at spurs. Employed Keegan or shearer and let them get on with it. And I think that would be our best option. If an arab trillionairre comes in, and spends half a billion, does he give a fuck if he loses it? Will he hang around if were in the championship? will he invest in youth for long term stability? Will he fuck, he will be of to camelski and blow another half a billion on something else.

Mike has royally fucked up, im not defending him in any way. But I think his intentions when he bought the club were good, and he deserves a second chance. If hes prepared to do a Levy then I would be fully behind him.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

As far as i can see this is an impossible relationship - Ashley wont want Keegan having 100% full say on transfer policy and Keegan wouldnt want anyone having any say on his transfer policy.  For the sake of the club I'd say no.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes

Probably.

Guest palnese

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes

Yes

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes

Yes

Starting to sound like a scene from 'When Harry met Sally'

:colo:

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes

Yes

?

Yes (no idea what to now but i'm feeling positive).