So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

I still dont believe theres any better manager for NUFC at the moment, nobody else wants the job - take over or not.

KK can spot a player, give him control over transfers and lets see what he can do.

its so obvious, yet ash wont do it.

Guest chris1210

I'd have KK back in a crack.

If something aint done quickly we are going down. A buyout and a return of KK will get the fans and players buzzing again, and its still early enough in the season for it to not be completely wasted.

A buyout fair enough, but the return of Keegan is NOT the way forward. Too much water under the bridge..... three times would be a total joke.

I hear what you say about getting the place buzzing again.. but until when? I don't think he was the 100% innocent party in this fiasco - yes, he was made to look a fool, but Keegan is Keegan, and he's ALWAYS ran away when the going gets even slightly tough. If he loved this bloody club as much as he harped on about how he did, then he catergorically would not have walked out, knowing the state this team was going to be left in. He is to blame too for this, although not in the magnitude that Ashley is.

Lets face it, as the dust settles, its becoming obvious that it WAS a masterstroke getting Keegan back, but only in the sense that it got season tickets sold, which im convinced was the only reason he was brought back in the first place.

Its time to cut the cord and move on - with new owners in place it becomes a bit brighter of a proposition for managers. Its time to stop being so pathetically patriotic, and get a tactically sound foreign coach in - basically what we were crying out for ever since SBR left.

Really? We sold less ST's than last year.

Add in the sales that he has for the next three years and i think they've probably sold considerably more than last year.

I'd have KK back in a crack.

If something aint done quickly we are going down. A buyout and a return of KK will get the fans and players buzzing again, and its still early enough in the season for it to not be completely wasted.

A buyout fair enough, but the return of Keegan is NOT the way forward. Too much water under the bridge..... three times would be a total joke.

I hear what you say about getting the place buzzing again.. but until when? I don't think he was the 100% innocent party in this fiasco - yes, he was made to look a fool, but Keegan is Keegan, and he's ALWAYS ran away when the going gets even slightly tough. If he loved this bloody club as much as he harped on about how he did, then he catergorically would not have walked out, knowing the state this team was going to be left in. He is to blame too for this, although not in the magnitude that Ashley is.

Lets face it, as the dust settles, its becoming obvious that it WAS a masterstroke getting Keegan back, but only in the sense that it got season tickets sold, which im convinced was the only reason he was brought back in the first place.

Its time to cut the cord and move on - with new owners in place it becomes a bit brighter of a proposition for managers. Its time to stop being so pathetically patriotic, and get a tactically sound foreign coach in - basically what we were crying out for ever since SBR left.

That would have been perfect at the time (when he left) but its a very different club right now.

If there is a god please don't let it be Nigerian business men!

It probs wont be. You always have false bidders trying to make a name for themselves and dont hear about the real ones till the deal is done.

If there is a god please don't let it be Nigerian business men!

It probs wont be. You always have false bidders trying to make a name for themselves and dont hear about the real ones till the deal is done.

And Nigerians have a habit of putting false bids in for stuff!  Bloody Nigerians bought my old mobile 5 times before i eventually sold it to a genuine buyer on fleabay!!

Guest neesy111

what has keegan done to deserve another job?

he's quit from every job he's had, goes in the huff when he don't get his own way and still ain't won a trophy

and he's left this club in the lurch 3 times

Lots of less-than-hilarious stereotyping of Nigerians going on like.

If they've got the money and are serious about owning the club and running it properly I couldn't give a f*** where they're from.

I havent sterotyped at all, just speaking fact regarding people who resided in nigeria trying to rip me off on 5 occaisions. I think its safe to assume they were nigerian as they wanted the phone posted to nigeria!

Thing is with the Nigerians is that the consortium have around £350m according to NVA management and are trying to get more money together. How are they going to deal with the debt and get in signings as well if there trying to get the money to buy the club now?

Thing is with the Nigerians is that the consortium have around £350m according to NVA management and are trying to get more money together. How are they going to deal with the debt and get in signings as well if there trying to get the money to by the club now?

Refinance the club?

Guest VegasToon

If they've got the money and are serious about owning the club and running it properly I couldn't give a f*** where they're from.

:clap:

Just found this on soccerlens: Nigerian bid to take over the toon

Hello Friend,

On behalf of my family, I would like to seek your advice and guidance, if you could perhaps assist us invest some funds into any profitable investment opportunities in your country.

We would be delighted if you could please provide detailed information and procedures for investment. We would review your proposition and enter into partnership agreement with you or your company if only your proposition is satisfactory and acceptable.

Firstly, I do not know if you are very familiar with my family case with the present civilian Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under President Olusegun Obasanjo. Following the sudden death of my late father - (Gen.Sani Abacha) on the 8th of June 1998 (Former Head of State and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria), I and members of my family have been thrown into a state of utter confusion, frustration and hopelessness. Our accounts in banks in Switzerland and other European countries have been frozen illegally by the Federal Government of Nigeria, allegedly us that the funds were siphoned away while my late father ruled Nigeria from 1993 until his sudden death in 1998. Our family lawyers are still on the case at the Supreme Court fighting to have some of the money returned to us.

Pls check - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2492425.stm

We have deliberated and resolved that part of our family substantial financial resources presently in a Security and Trust outfit in Europe be re-directed to you for a profitable investment in your country under the supervision of an able man power as we hope that you will be able to provide the needed services as regards the investment and management of the financial resources for the betterment of my family in good faith without prejudice.

Furthermore, legal contracts, non-disclosure agreement documents, and partnership agreements shall be drafted in association with this transaction by our family attorney only when I am assured and convinced of your credibility and security of this brief under your a bsolute control. Thereafter, arrangement would be expedited to move the funds over to you for further action to be taken by your good self on our behalf and for the benefit of our both families.

I thank you and look forward to a successful business relationship with you. I trust that you will enjoy and benefit from this opportunity to work with us. Though, I do not know you in person but I still maintain my father’s philosophy that business is people and contacts. Business is always based on trust and open mindedness and it is on this note I act.

I await to hear from you.

Yours truly,

Mohammed Abacha

House #4, Sani Abacha Crescent, Nasarawa G.R.A, Kano State, Northern Nigeria. Tel: +234 80-54004232

O0 I reckon Ashley must want £400M for the sheer comedy value of the place!!!

Someone on here mentioned a few days agao that they thought Ashley was wanting out early, the protest and the anger of KK leaving has just speeded up the process.

I'm coming round to that thinking now, especially if he is going to get 400 million.

Guest neesy111

The the same Shearer who sided with Souness to drive our best player out of the club?

No thanks.

The same Shearer who had a far better idea than you about whether our 'best player' should have been at the club.

the same shearer who was one of the people who got souness to this club and we are still suffering now from it

Surely you can't believe this. You can be as pc as you like, but only a fucking lunatic would think that a bunch of nigerian " businessmen " owning the club would be a step in the direction of making us less of a laughing stock.

FFS sake, get a grip.

Surely you can't believe this. You can be as pc as you like, but only a fucking lunatic would think that a bunch of nigerian " businessmen " owning the club would be a step in the direction of making us less of a laughing stock.

FFS sake, get a grip.

these russian oligarchs are as corrupt as they come and i dont think too many would hate one here. the gaydamak's are wanted on charges of illegal arms dealing in angola, abramovich's wikipedia page lists 7 different alleged crimes or wrongdoings on his part. but hey, they're white, so fair dos. marseille's chairman is a black african bloke and he seems to do okay.

These chaps will more than likely have a love of the game & Nigeria being a bit of mental country even by African standards will mean this crew will fit well in with the madhouse that operates mainly from SJP.

Marseille  President is from Senegal & they do okay.

It's amazing. You go to work all day thinking that the worst is potentially over then you log on for the latest news and come across this. Nigeria huh. Checking out the jam jars for the extra £50Million needed to match the asking price. Well, I guess we've tried everything else to win a trophy so we may as well try a little voodoo and black magic to see where that get's us.... :frantic: