Save Newcastle United

Guest Howaythetoon

I am disgusted by Ashley and co whoring the club across the world in the name of making a profit.

Maybe. Might also have something to do with the fact people like you want him out of the club, and are vocal enough about it that he possibly actually listens and respects and acts on your wishes.

HTT, are you or any of the other people who think this is possible going to even attempt to answer any of the numerous problems and issues that have been raised in this and the other thread?

Have any of you got even the first idea about how you're going to put this wishy-washy pie in the sky fantasy into practice?

Judging by the actions of your "leader" in hiring a fucking hugely expensive lawyer to "front the bid" before he's got any money behind him or in fact any fucking clue what this "bid" actually consists of, just puts it beyond any shadow of a doubt for me. This will never work and the only place it's going to end up is the courts when a whole load of gullible fools eventually realise that their money has gone and they've jack shit to show for it.

Why do I know that the response to this post is going to be of the "Don't be so negative, all you need is to believe" variety (that or "Fuck Off!!"), well tell that to the bailiffs when they take all your stuff after you default on your £150k mortgage because you chucked all your money down the shitter that is the total fantasy of the fans owning this club.

The fact that 90% of the people who have posted in this thread thinks the idea is laughable makes the idea even less likely to get going whatsoever.

300,000 people are supposed to buy £1000 worth of shares, firstly I really don't think 100,000, never mind 300,000, people care about this club enough to even contemplate that type of investment, even if it was to bring garunteed success, and the fact its a shit idea makes it even more of a joke. 

Guest optimistic nit

Who's suggested 300,000 buy £1000 of shares?

That's f*cking mental. :lol:

http://www.savenewcastle.com/11.html

'Newcastle Fans Untied'

:lol:

Oh man. mackems.gif

i really dont understand. on Home page they say they are in discussion with other fans groups, in an attempt to stop there being several competing groups like there were in liverpool (the idea of having fan groups competing to get enough money to own the club is almost as funny as the save newcastle campaign, if not funnier) but here in the section entitled "other groups" the mention the "save newcastle united" group (assuming they are different, since the "share prices" are different) that are doing the same thing as them, but selling the shares at a different price.

unless they plan to merge at some point, probably when they've got enough gullible fans to spend £1000 on a share to subsidise those that have spent £100 for the same amount?

You honestly couldn't make it up

Guest pandaknowsbest

There are far far more worthy causes to invest money in, than further line the pockets of greedy players who couldn't give two hoots about us, which would undoubtably be the case. Would be better just to start over, build a new 50k seater stadium for £80 million, name it Newcastle City, and at least then we might actually see some real passion on the pitch while we are in the lower leagues till we got back in the premiership. Football has spiralled out of control to the point where I doubt most fans would be willing to back such an incentive to save Newcastle United, so would be just as crazy to rip it up if things are as bad as people are making them out to be, and start all over again...

One of their facebook groups has 116 members and the other has 13.

If they all chip in, I reckon they only need another 299,871 people to sign up and this could actually be on :frantic:

Or put another way, those 129 members only need to find another 2,325 people each and it's all systems go  mackems.gif

Is there some intended irony in the name shown on the website "Newcastle Fans Untied"?

Nope.

This is the man who is asking people to trust him with £300m of their money and who some people are expecting to be able to not only buy, but also run NUFC.

Ahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! :lol:  :crazy2: