Whoring the club around

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't remember a mass protest on the level we've seen at Newcastle over the last couple of weeks no, have I forgotten it happened?, seriously?

No not to the level of last weekend's events but then that's not what you said is it?

Maybe it would have been as easy to get Ellis out had you actually tried to remove him, just a thought there.

Perhaps they should have thought of that before telling him to fuck off

Well my personal opinion is that he had already decided to fuck off before last weeks demonstrations but thats old news that aint worth going over again.

I just think the future looks very bleak and people are going to continue to complain at anything and everything until something else happens.

I was reading another forum earlier and someone was suggesting that he shouldn't ask too much for the club as "Every pound someone has to pay to buy it is a pound less we have to spend on transfers" as if he owes us a favour after the protests to get him out. :lol:

I read something similar on here.

Well my personal opinion is that he had already decided to fuck off before last weeks demonstrations but thats old news that aint worth going over again.

I just think the future looks very bleak and people are going to continue to complain at anything and everything until something else happens.

I don't think Ashley was planning to fuck off at all in a hurry. I still don't as it happens, probably why he's set the price so high. Running a football club as a viable, self-sustaining business with a long term view doesn't really tie in with that either. I'm sure he'd love to turn the clock back on a few things but that's not how it works.

I don't think Ashley was planning to fuck off at all in a hurry. I still don't as it happens, probably why he's set the price so high. Running a football club as a viable, self-sustaining business with a long term view doesn't really tie in with that either. I'm sure he'd love to turn the clock back on a few things but that's not how it works.

If he intends on staying, nothing would make me happier. I would just rather he just told us and got on with the job of finding us a new manager and give us our hope back.

If he intends on staying, nothing would make me happier. I would just rather he just told us and got on with the job of finding us a new manager and give us our hope back.

I think that was what he was trying to do mate, before the protests made it clear he's not wanted here.

I don't understand.

You said you wanted him out, he said "OK, I'll go when i find a buyer" and he is now looking for a buyer.

I f***ing wish Doug Ellis had been so easy to get rid of, and I bet you wish FFS had been so compliant, too.

Now people turn around and complain when he acts like what you've been telling him he is - a businessman with no attachment to the club - and tries to maximise his profit.

Does. Not. Compute.

It's basically this:

'All he had to do was remain silent, sit back and wait for a flood of offers coming his way'

Says who?

HTT is just pissed because he might find a buyer before his SaveNewcastleUnited campaign can get it's act together. :lol:

I don't understand.

You said you wanted him out, he said "OK, I'll go when i find a buyer" and he is now looking for a buyer.

I f***ing wish Doug Ellis had been so easy to get rid of, and I bet you wish FFS had been so compliant, too.

Now people turn around and complain when he acts like what you've been telling him he is - a businessman with no attachment to the club - and tries to maximise his profit.

Does. Not. Compute.

It's HTT, he posts lots of bollocks but just makes it long to compensate.

I don't understand.

I fucking wish Doug Ellis had been so easy to get rid of, and I bet you wish FFS had been so compliant, too.

Does. Not. Compute.

Maybe it would have been as easy to get Ellis out had you actually tried to remove him, just a thought there.

As for the last line, does not compute just about sums up your point.  You seem to be saying that because some people think he's a business man with no attachment to the club they shouldn't complain about him actually being a businessman with no attachment to the club, how does that make sense?  Those people simply feel that they've now been proven right.

Do you really think Villa fans didn't try to get rid of Ellis? Jesus, you couldn't be more wrong. Do you think we were happy through years of parsimony, ego building, the dismantling of a European Cup winning team, the relegation, the spell of mediocrity? Don't you think we tried turning up at the ground, waving banners and calling him a cunt?

My point re Ashley is that you said you wanted him out, and he's trying to get out.

I honestly think you should be celebrating the fact he's such a bottler and shat his pants at the first hint of bother. Ellis would have laughed at you and carried on regardless. For years. You're very lucky on that front.

He's on the way out, isn't he? Yes, he's asking for too much, but if he gets anything like such an overblown figure, anyone prepared to pay that much of a premium for the club is clearly not going to go and set a 20m per annum transfer budget, are they?

What do people expect? He's a f***ing business man, he wants as much as he can get. Ask for £480m, settle for £250 - 300m. As for whoring about, we don't have any solid facts that he's been to meetings in Dubai or whatever, just press specualtion at the minute, and we know how much he loves to respond to press speculation...

:thup:

Exactly its like when you want to sell a car for 10k so ask for 15.

I don't understand.

Does. Not. Compute.

No it does compute when all you're doing is sit around reading the news and jumping on the first opportunity to slag Ashley whatever he does.

Guest The Toon Army from farawa

My main question is that if he's over there trying to sell, why the hell is Wise and Jiminez with him?

Are they now in the know regarding the financial state of the club?

Mike Ashley invites criticism over his latest attempt to sell Newcastle,

George Caulkin The Times

Mike Ashley’s conduct as Newcastle United’s owner came under renewed criticism from home and abroad last night after he failed to secure a hasty sale of the club in the Middle East. The sportswear retailer and his directors are alleged to have snubbed a meeting with potential investors in Dubai after dismissing a proposed £200 million offer as derisory.

Given the determination of Sheikh Mohammed, the ruler of Dubai, to secure the purchase of Liverpool, the worth of Ashley travelling to the emirate with Dennis Wise, the Newcastle executive director (football), and Derek Llambias, the managing director, was dubious. Documents received by representatives of Sheikh Mohammed this week showed that Ashley is seeking to sell the club for £483 million.

That inflated figure is roughly twice what the businessman spent in buying Newcastle last summer and reducing their debts. Ashley said in his emotional statement last week that he “did not buy Newcastle to make money” but warned protesting supporters that a sale “won’t happen overnight and it may not happen at all if a buyer does not come in”.

Ashley is reported to have refused to attend a meeting with possible investors at the Mina A’Salam Ramadan Tent in the Madinat Jumeirah hotel after learning that any bid for the club would be drastically less than his asking price. Instead, he, Wise and Llambias are alleged to have spent three hours drinking cocktails at the Bahri Bar; the positions of all three men have been questioned by supporters.

There was also criticism for Ashley from a familiar foe. Dave Whelan, the Wigan Athletic chairman, showed little solidarity with his counterpart, who has also been a long-term rival in the retail sphere. “The fans up there eat, breathe and live for one thing, and that is Newcastle United,” Whelan said. “Unless you put your whole heart into it, are a 100 per cent Geordie and are backing them, they will give you stick. He has got it, and he deserves it.

“I know Mike Ashley quite well as I was running JJB when he was with Sports Direct, and he is a bit unusual. He is a very good retailer, but at managing a football club, no, especially with him being a Tottenham supporter and then going up to Newcastle, a club that is a different kettle of fish to most in the land.”

If that bit in bold is true, then jeez, can it get any shoddier? :doh:

Whelan can't stand Ashley, rumours of Ashley failing to abide by JJB's price fixing shennanigans with football strips, and not wanting to join in with the corporate golf playing prawn sandwich eating club etc - wouldn't be surprised if that whole Whelan statement was not complete and utter bollocks.

Whelan can't stand Ashley, rumours of Ashley failing to abide by JJB's price fixing shennanigans with football strips, and not wanting to join in with the corporate golf playing prawn sandwich eating club etc - wouldn't be surprised if that whole Whelan statement was not complete and utter bollocks.

They're not rumours he grassed them up to the feds.

Whelan hates Ashley, any statement made by him can be dismissed as pure bias, I'm surprised anyone is taking what he says seriously.....

.....well I'm not really. :lol:

They're not rumours he grassed them up to the feds.

Whelan hates Ashley, any statement made by him can be dismissed as pure bias, I'm surprised anyone is taking what he says seriously.....

.....well I'm not really. :lol:

:nods:

Agree with Thomas' now famous "pure conjecture" catch phrase.

HTT, you could look at it from another angle. Ashley thinks we want a multi billionaire with a bottomless pit to be in charge of the club, and he's trying to do his bit touting us to the some of the richest groups on the planet.

Your threads and posts are starting to turn into pure unjustified propaganda. Ease up soldier and wait to see what transpires.