Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't believe the amount of grief that NUSC are getting? At no time (AFAIK) they have never said they are representative of the entire fan base. What they are doing is providing 'a voice', something which has been lacking for years. If folk are so against them - why not get off your arses and set up an alternative group? or would that be too much effort?

The problem is with NUFC, is that it's taken the loyalty of it's fan base for granted, for generations - all the way back to the Seymours, Westwoods, McKeags, etc. That has to stop and if NUSC (or a likeminded group) can help bring about this, then they have my support.

To the doubting Thomas' - either put up or shut up. Simple as.

Did you bother reading any of the criticisms or do you think they should be allowed to say anything they like in the name of Newcastle supporters?

What about a group which is called NUSCFNC - Newcastle United Supporters Club for No Change. Because that's what many here appear to want. Still if they are happy to be continually buggered up the Gary Glitter by the club, then more the fool them. Things will never change because they don't have to - or not enough people want it.

What about a group which is called NUSCFNC - Newcastle United Supporters Club for No Change. Because that's what many here appear to want. Still if they are happy to be continually buggered up the Gary Glitter by the club, then more the fool them. Things will never change because they don't have to - or not enough people want it.

But things are changing.

The idea that speaking up and forming a group is, by default, better than not doing is nonsense.

As I've said before, I think agitation along the lines of what NUSC are suggesting so far can achieve nothing but negative outcomes. So I'm not taking part.

What am I going to start up, a moderate NUFC supporters group that proposes getting behind the team and not making knobs of ourselves? Not exactly a political movement is it?

Can't believe the amount of grief that NUSC are getting? At no time (AFAIK) they have never said they are representative of the entire fan base. What they are doing is providing 'a voice', something which has been lacking for years. If folk are so against them - why not get off your arses and set up an alternative group? or would that be too much effort?

The problem is with NUFC, is that it's taken the loyalty of it's fan base for granted, for generations - all the way back to the Seymours, Westwoods, McKeags, etc. That has to stop and if NUSC (or a likeminded group) can help bring about this, then they have my support.

Did you bother reading any of the criticisms or do you think they should be allowed to say anything they like in the name of Newcastle supporters?

Again - where have they said they are representative of all Newcastle fans?

Again - where have they said they are representative of all Newcastle fans?

What do you think calling yourself Newcastle United Supporters Club implies?

I don't see anyone that doesn't want change, but i see alot of people that don't think protests and groups like this help the process. What is happening at the club at the moment, in terms of Ashley trying to sell, the fans have zero influence on it(unless someone has a spare billion).

It's not so much that people have a problem with the idea of the NUSC, nor do they not want to see positive changes, they (and I) just don't think they're going about it very well. At all.

that's exactly what i'm trying to say! clear as day imo, and i dont see why you can't understand that Big Geordie

I don't think anyone is against the fans forming a supporters group, it's just that every statement released by this lot so far has been embarrassing and has been done without even taking into consideration the opinions of fans who signed up to their site that they haven't even bothered getting back in contact with I should add.

Are they saying that Ashley ISN'T trying to sell the club? I don't understand what it is they're trying to say. If he has a deadline of 17th October what are they on about?

It seems to me they're just revelling in the trouble, same as the papers are. That nice shiny leaflet they put out was a good example, nicely designed but with zero new information on it. You can just hear them, "ooh - let's make a leaflet and a banner and some t-shirts". What jolly japes.

The problem is we could be jumping out of the frying pan and into something worse. I don't see an end to it. And what happens if we don't like the next owners, does it all start again? Nigerian mafia out? South African Mafia out?

I'm beginning to think that the psychic guy who said the club was doomed because of all the negative energy floating about was right.

Happy Face on TT (and sometimes here) put forward the idea that in the event there is no sale imminent, the supporters group could look to engage with the current owners as to how to move the club forward. That sounds like the way a supporters club could be constructive but I realise that it will go against the NUSC agenda of Ashley out. I am all for Ashley selling too btw, but also requires someone to buy the club, and I don't think NUSC are giving a good impression to would be buyers.

Happy Face on TT (and sometimes here) put forward the idea that in the event there is no sale imminent, the supporters group could look to engage with the current owners as to how to move the club forward. That sounds like the way a supporters club could be constructive but I realise that it will go against the NUSC agenda of Ashley out. I am all for Ashley selling too btw, but also requires someone to buy the club, and I don't think NUSC are giving a good impression to would be buyers.

If they agreed to work with the current owner in the event that he can't find a buyer, I would be a lot more inclined to believe that they reall did have the best interests of the club at heart.

Guest Howaythetoon

Good idea. I haven't totally ruled out having to face the mental mind fuck of Ashley not being able to sell up and having to stay on and how that will toy with my emotions.

Errrm, does anyone at the NUSC actually know any stone cold hard facts that they'd like to share with me about Keegans departure? Because a month down the line, i still know jack, what do they know that i dont, and what is it about what they know that gives them enough leverage to act in this sort of militant manner?

Errrm, does anyone at the NUSC actually know any stone cold hard facts that they'd like to share with me about Keegans departure? Because a month down the line, i still know jack, what do they know that i dont, and what is it about what they know that gives them enough leverage to act in this sort of militant manner?

Stone cold hard facts = Keegan was and is the Messiah, and can do no wrong. Ashley is Hitler's illegitimate son.

The irony is thats exactly the sort of image we should be portraying publicly, as this is what investors want to see. If you want an investor he has to see some sort of return. Gullible, spend-happy supporters who love to bend over and take it from behind is the ideal profile for an investor. A militant, incoherent supporter base is exactly the opposite of what they are looking for.

Does anyone still think there is no connection with the turmoil/protests and poisonous atmosphere at the club and the lack of willing buyers?

The irony is thats exactly the sort of image we should be portraying publicly, as this is what investors want to see. If you want an investor he has to see some sort of return. Gullible, spend-happy supporters who love to bend over and take it from behind is the ideal profile for an investor. A militant, incoherent supporter base is exactly the opposite of what they are looking for.

Does anyone still think there is no connection with the turmoil/protests and poisonous atmosphere at the club and the lack of willing buyers?

Precisely.

If the NUSC had a single brain cell between them, the first thing they should of done is to play down the militant nature of the group, taken a far more diplomatic approach.

All this group has done so far is vindicate what the press have been writing about us for years - and with the majority of the city behind what the NUSC stand for, they'd be right.

The NUSC had a valuable and rare oppurtunity to represent the fans on a national (maybe even international) scale and present them as down to earth, realistic people who are deeply passionate about their club and want whats best for the club.

Its not the picture i can see though.

Stone cold hard facts = Keegan was and is the Messiah, and can do no wrong. Ashley is Hitler's illegitimate son.

Thought so.

Would anyone from the supporters club like to oblige?

It doesn't have to be that way though, Chez Given. The club has been ran on empty promises for years, whilst those running it still taking their hefty cut. We all thought things would change under, MA - but that's not happened. The new broom has been one which ultimately appeared as trying to deliver, but ending up lying to the fans and that's what's got a lot of people hacked off. Folk wouldn't mind seeing investors making a profit, if the club was doing something on the pitch. It's a long time since that's happened though.

Guest Geordiesned

I can only guess that the self appointed committee have had another secret meeting.

That's one of the main things that pisses me off about them. If you dare question or object to one of their statements you're told "well why don't you go to the next meeting then?".

Well there seems to be plenty of misguided statements coming out from them and I haven't seen any meeting advertised since the first one so how exactly is anyone supposed to attend one to express their views?