Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

[.............. to be replaced by a bigger problem no doubt.

The pie boycotters have taken over the asylum.

Well, that's a point that was also discussed. What stance should NUSC take on the new owners (whoever they may be)?  That the new owners may be no better than Ashley, or (heaven help us) even worse was recognised. Basically, the stance taken is  a 'guarded welcome' in that if they are here to genuinely build the club up then NUSC welcomes them, but if they're just aboput exploiting the club/supporters, obviously NUSC is going to be critical.

Guest The Libertine

i'd say the team playing beyond shite is the biggest short term problem. thats also potentially a long term problem.

but still, dont eat the pies. that'll help.

Well, that's a point that was also discussed. What stance should NUSC take on the new owners (whoever they may be)?  That the new owners may be no better than Ashley, or (heaven help us) even worse was recognised. Basically, the stance taken is  a 'guarded welcome' in that if they are here to genuinely build the club up then NUSC welcomes them, but if they're just aboput exploiting the club/supporters, obviously NUSC is going to be critical.

So they've decided on a 'stance' before the club is sold to a party they don't even know?

Fuck me.

Was tonight's meeting announced anywhere?  ???

Tom, where did you hear about it?

It was a committee meeting, e-mailed to those who have joined/signed up.

Not that I could have attended, but I signed up through the original site on the first day and have received nothing. :dontknow:

Was anything said at all about supporting the players?

Been very dissapointed that area has been omitted from previous statements to be honest.

Nah, the players aren't important, it's more essential that the word is spread about not buying pies and pints at SJP.

bluerazz.gif

Not that I could have attended, but I signed up through the original site on the first day and have received nothing. :dontknow:

seconded

seconded

I don't know about that tbh.

If you're interested in being involved with the committee PM me and I'll tell you when the next one is.

Well I'm sure Greggs and the Irish Bar so far have appreciated their coffers being boosted at the expense of the football club, it seems strange though that you only offer "guarded welcome" to those who will invest big money in Newcastle United rather than feed off it.

Greggs is a big business with local roots, why can't they organise a local consortium to buy the club?

The problem is we don't know that he is on the way out, or at least when.

Until he's actually out, the pressure has to be kept on him.

We talked about stepping up protests, leaflets, boycotts etc.

But he's already said he won't be investing anything more, so even if we aren't sold, are you going to try and force him too? It's pathetic tbh.

Be cool if you and/or another representative of NUSC could answer my question, Tom.

No idea. Personally, I'd have loved one to have been set up years ago. I suppose after all the sh*t we went through with Shepherd perhaps made what happened with Ashley the final straw. That we've been shat on so many times, we have to stand up and do something.

Well I'm sure Greggs and the Irish Bar so far have appreciated their coffers being boosted at the expense of the football club, it seems strange though that you only offer "guarded welcome" to those who will invest big money in Newcastle United rather than feed off it.

Greggs is a big business with local roots, why can't they organise a local consortium to buy the club?

The guarded welcome is because we don't know what we're going to get. I mean look how pleased we were when Ashley took over and for a long time we thought he was going to be good for us and NUFC and he went and made us look like mugs.

So yeah, I think we will be guarded. Once bitten, twice shy as they say.

Be cool if you and/or another representative of NUSC could answer my question, Tom.

No idea. Personally, I'd have loved one to have been set up years ago. I suppose after all the sh*t we went through with Shepherd perhaps made what happened with Ashley the final straw. That we've been shat on so many times, we have to stand up and do something.

Fair play, thanks for the answer.

The guarded welcome is because we don't know what we're going to get. I mean look how pleased we were when Ashley took over and for a long time we thought he was going to be good for us and NUFC and he went and made us look like mugs.

So yeah, I think we will be guarded. Once bitten, twice shy as they say.

So you offer guarded welcomes to investors who could save the club, but unqualified support to independent businesses who are profiting from Newcastle United without giving anything back?

just post all meeting info on here. there's no reason not too if everyone is welcome at the meetings.

OK.

The main points:

Does NUSC join Supporters Direct, which can offer government funding. The problem being that Supporters Direct requires that groups who want funding aspire for representation on their club's board. There's still a bit of debate as to whether NUSC is to aspire to that or not. Nothing has been ruled out though.

Honorary Memeberships: Several names discussed. Some people unsure about awarding them to KK and Shearer as it might be something the media can have a go at us for. SBR to be awarded Membership no.1

An NUSC Bank account is to be set up

A secretary has been appointed as have people to undertake admin and extra press contacts.

Merchandising will be looked into, what sort of stuff would be feasible. There have been no decisions made as yet. It's at an exploring/researching stage.

What will membership fees be used for? At the minute, it's pretty much to get the thing up and running and for printing costs etc But it's going to be looked into how the money could be used, and what members can be offered in return. This will be displayed in the website.

Again, on going protests - more leaflets/newsletters, demos etc. The possibility of contacting sponsors at NUFC will be looked at to see if they (or at least some) will support us. Ashley's business management (which has been lambasted in business/econnomic circles) will be highlighted.

I should say that a lot of the stuff is looking at what could be done, and having people investigate further and report back their findings.

just post all meeting info on here. there's no reason not too if everyone is welcome at the meetings.

OK.

The main points:

Does NUSC join Supporters Direct, which can offer government funding. The problem being that Supporters Direct requires that groups who want funding aspire for representation on their club's board. There's still a bit of debate as to whether NUSC is to aspire to that or not. Nothing has been ruled out though.

Honorary Memeberships: Several names discussed. Some people unsure about awarding them to KK and Shearer as it might be something the media can have a go at us for. SBR to be awarded Membership no.1

An NUSC Bank account is to be set up

A secretary has been appointed as have people to undertake admin and extra press contacts.

Merchandising will be looked into, what sort of stuff would be feasible. There have been no decisions made as yet. It's at an exploring/researching stage.

What will membership fees be used for? At the minute, it's pretty much to get the thing up and running and for printing costs etc But it's going to be looked into how the money could be used, and what members can be offered in return. This will be displayed in the website.

Again, on going protests - more leaflets/newsletters, demos etc. The possibility of contacting sponsors at NUFC will be looked at to see if they (or at least some) will support us. Ashley's business management (which has been lambasted in business/econnomic circles) will be highlighted.

I should say that a lot of the stuff is looking at what could be done, and having people investigate further and report back their findings.

The club are in a relegation fight and all you people can talk about is merchandise, protests, and hobnobbing with Robson, Shearer and Keegan.

Some fucking priorities need sorting.