West Ham United 3 - 1 Newcastle - 20/09/08 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

It was 2 poor teams out there on Saturday.

And as poor as we were, in another game the deflection wouldn't have happened and Owen would have planted his header a yard to the left.

no chance of either happening as long as ashley and wise are in charge! Wise probably controlled the deflection from a remote location, and an ashley fart distracted owen making him wince as the ball landed on his head

Apart from the 2nd goal and the flukey first i thought we played some good attacking football and on another day could have at least got a point or sneaked a win.

I honestly didn't think we played particularly badly from an attacking point of view, but let in 3 soft goals.

Dreamland

is it f***. The first goal was a fluke and the 2nd came against the run of play was as soft as owt. if the penalty we conceded at Arsenal was a penalty then we should have had 2 penalties on saturday.

we did not play that badly.

Upjest. I agree with you completely. We didn't play that badly, and although Hull are sh*t, a draw would have been a fairer result. We're not where I want us to be, but we definitely aren't relegation standard, and that's without the likes of Martins and Guttierez.

And as poor as we were, in another game the deflection wouldn't have happened and Owen would have planted his header a yard to the left.

no chance of either happening as long as ashley and wise are in charge! Wise probably controlled the deflection from a remote location, and an ashley fart distracted owen making him wince as the ball landed on his head

:lol: It's only a matter of time before "Geordie faithful convinced so-called 'Cockney Mafia' is employing voodoo and witchcraft" makes the rounds.

Although I'm by no means a Taylor fan, I'll reserve judgement on Colo and Taylor until they play with decent full-backs and central midfield pairing in front of them.

If I was a West Ham fan, I wouldn't be getting too carried away with that result. Papered over the cracks of a pretty poor team.

running out of straws to clutch at.....

No its not, We weren't beaten by a team filled with better players, we weren't beaten by undefendible goals, we did create a few chances.

All this despite being poor.

I wouldn't go quite as far as to solely blame Butt for the defeat but he really is a joke. Unable to pass, not winning the ball and shown up completely by Cacapa today- who was no better than average. Fortunately, with his contract up at the end of the season he'll be gone soon. But I can barely stomach watching another match he plays in.

I only started watching the game 5 minutes before we went down 3-0, but Cacapa's passing really, really surprised me; it was at least as good as anything I've seen in the last 4 years. Can't believe he went off instead of Butt.

I wouldn't go quite as far as to solely blame Butt for the defeat but he really is a joke. Unable to pass, not winning the ball and shown up completely by Cacapa today- who was no better than average. Fortunately, with his contract up at the end of the season he'll be gone soon. But I can barely stomach watching another match he plays in.

I only started watching the game 5 minutes before we went down 3-0, but Cacapa's passing really, really surprised me; it was at least as good as anything I've seen in the last 4 years. Can't believe he went off instead of Butt.

He looked yards quicker too, which was even more surprising.