West Ham United 3 - 1 Newcastle - 20/09/08 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

why we didn't go out and get a replacement for Faye is beyond me, absolutely ridiculous

Hear hear. Selling him was sheer stupidity. Not only is he miles better than Taylor but he's also a much more able holding midfielder than Butt.

I'm pretty sure

he was sold because he fell out with Keegan. Was that Dennis Wise's fault as well?

Halleluah !

Finally, some people are showing themselves not to be Cockney-Mafia banner waving cretins unlike three quarters of our fans (the dumbest)

There may even be more than 10% who actually are "wise" to the fact that "Walkout Kev" isn't the messiah they're stupid enough to THINK he is.

We are going down. The worst team we've ever had in the Premier League is bad enough but to top it off the 'coach' is captain clueless.

We need a proper manager, a good man manager to lift the team and fans but i can't think of anyone who would come and do that.

We've had worse - we've got some real quality, the problem is that they're injured - Oba, Viduka, Jonas, Beye etc. I'm sure the prospects would've been better if these names had been on the teamsheet. Our problem is that we have a paper thin squad which lacks premiership quality when we have too many injuries.

We won't go down this year. Things will pick up soon enough, I'm sure of it - as someone mentioned earlier just look at Man Shitty.

We are f*cked - cr*p squad, no manager and an incompetent owner who needs to get his finger out of his arse and sort things out instead of crying about not being able to go to games and boo hooing that the fans want him out.  Buck stops with him - get your arse in gear Ashley and either sell or get another manager.

why we didn't go out and get a replacement for Faye is beyond me, absolutely ridiculous

Hear hear. Selling him was sheer stupidity. Not only is he miles better than Taylor but he's also a much more able holding midfielder than Butt.

I'm pretty sure

he was sold because he fell out with Keegan. Was that Dennis Wise's fault as well?

Halleluah !

Finally, some people are showing themselves not to be Cockney-Mafia banner waving cretins unlike three quarters of our fans (the dumbest)

There may even be more than 10% who actually are "wise" to the fact that "Walkout Kev" isn't the messiah they're stupid enough to THINK he is.

You're banal.

I'm pretty sure

Halleluah !

You're banal.

You're banal

I'm pretty sure

Halleluah !

You're banal.

You're banal

How I laughed.

Guest Howaythetoon

Well that was fun. The sad thing about all of this is just how utter predictable a defeat was.

you still think Taylor's good enough? that's 2 away games in a row he's played like he's pissed

I haven't seen his or the team's performance and have no real desire to do so. Do I still think he's good enough to play at this level for us however? Yes. But if we are to improve as a team then a good number of them, Taylor included, need to be replaced and that has ultimately been my view all along especially in regard to those who don't improve which to be fair to Taylor, under KK he like the rest of the team had. This isn't the time to get into such debates though about certain individuals when the whole team and club and fans are in such disarray.

It's sad too see us play like this. The situation at the club is as close too disaster as it can be in football. I really hope things will be sorted out soon, so the club can move forward!

My biggest worry(on the field) is definetly our midfield, players like Butt, Geremi is useless at this level. In fact we don't have central midfielders who's good enough for a team who can challenge for a place in europe.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Well that was fun. The sad thing about all of this is just how utter predictable a defeat was.

you still think Taylor's good enough? that's 2 away games in a row he's played like he's pissed

Like Colo

Like Colo

not really

and Taylor has been playing like that his entire career. He's an absolute liability

Just got home. We looked a different team when Bassong came on for Edgar - Geremi upped his game at RB and put in a lot of crosses overlapping, we got a competent left back on this pitch and N'Zog was given license to go forward a bit more. It was plain and simple where the problem was - I've rarely seen a worse central midfield partnership that Butt and Cacapa which put the defence in trouble, and none of them covered themselves in glory (to varying extents) all match long. Edgar was utter toss.

Positives - I thought Xisco did ok, took some nice positions, not far away from scoring on a couple of occasions, Owens goal was a pearl and we battered them when they took their foot off the pedal. Pretty poor we had to wait to go three down before we could do it.

Like Colo

More like Gazza.

My last 5 attended games results:

3-0 loss.

3-0 loss.

3-0 loss.

3-0 loss.

3-1 loss.

Getting better. :aww:

Seriously though, West Ham were just as shit as we were, we could have easily won. Owen should have scored but he chose to head it instead of kick it. Countless decent crosses into the box weren't attacked and the whole team is fucking shot shy. Any lingering hopes of Taylor improving have been smashed today, honestly, their second goal, fuck me, he just stood watching it in the box while someone collected it and then got done by the most obvious bit of 'skill' ever. Atmosphere was good, anyone else down the left side? :coolsmiley: My head killing me and my voice has gone. If we were full strength we would have beaten them. Definitely.

3-0 loss.

3-0 loss.

3-0 loss.

3-0 loss.

3-1 loss.

Seriously though, West Ham were just as shit as we were, we could have easily won. Owen should have scored but he chose to head it instead of kick it. Countless decent crosses into the box weren't attacked and the whole team is fucking shot shy. Any lingering hopes of Taylor improving have been smashed today, honestly, their second goal, fuck me, he just stood watching it in the box while someone collected it and then got done by the most obvious bit of 'skill' ever. Atmosphere was good, anyone else down the left side? :coolsmiley: My head killing me and my voice has gone. If we were full strength we would have beaten them. Definitely.

Have you ever thought you might be like a bad talisman?

3-0 loss.

3-0 loss.

3-0 loss.

3-0 loss.

3-1 loss.

Have you ever thought you might be like a bad talisman?

I witnessed a goal today, the tide is turning me lad, the tide is turning. :aww: