He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

Cant blame someone for not wanting to put up with people fuckin about behind his back.

Doesnt matter whether you work in a supermarket or run a bank.

why didnt he leave earlier then? if he hadnt agreed to it, why didnt he leave the day wise was appointed?

were the other signings of the summer his? if not, why didnt he walk out after the first?

i'm a keegan fan myself, but he isn't blameless in all of this, his timing, as ever, was hurrendous, and i don't think the meet up in london was handled too well either, it was just plain bizarre.

Those saying KK should have stuck with it, what for? You still wouldn't get your everything is alright club yous are blaming him for dismantling by walking out, if anything it would get even worse. He can't win. He stays he's weak, he's lost it, he's here for the money. He goes he's week, he's lost it, he's left us in the shit. Again fuck off!

He stays he's weak? Rubbish, if he stays he's in charge and working with the players who are, for the most part, the players he inherited in January who he believed in then. Hence his transfer policy in the January window.

He stays and he rises above it and goes for it. It was a chance to go for something this season. We'd be on 8 points now if he'd stayed. 

I'd agree with that. He owed it to the fans and his own players to see out his contract or at least give notice to his employers (Newcastle United) that he was going to leave within a given period and to look for replacements.

I love the way Keegan is supposed to put up with whatever intefering crap comes his way and making a stand against it is a massive failure on his part. might be more instructive to look at the sort of interfering crap he had to put up with as the root cause. the situation wouldve blown up sooner or later, keegan thought he could fight it from within while the window was open - he couldnt, so he left. now we have to get on with it and appoint a new boss, except we cant cos ashley wants out at the first sign of trouble.

And it REALLY took until late-night on September 1st before he realised enough was enough?

i think ive addressed that in my previous two posts. it's no coincidence that things came to a head as the transfer window closed.

And he had enough time between that point, and walking out the next morning, to talk to Ashley and tell him what he thought about it all did he? If he'd walked around about the 5th-6th September, fair enough. But he didn't even wait for Ashley to be back in the country to talk things over before he walked.

To be honest, those talks that Keegan & Ashley had in London last week should have been the first time Keegan even spoke about the word "resignation".

apparently llambias told him he was sacked and then acted like an arse towards him during subsequent negotiations. seems like the working relationship was simply untenable.

Jackanory called, Johnny. He said he wants his book back.

:lol:

I love the way Keegan is supposed to put up with whatever intefering crap comes his way and making a stand against it is a massive failure on his part. might be more instructive to look at the sort of interfering crap he had to put up with as the root cause. the situation wouldve blown up sooner or later, keegan thought he could fight it from within while the window was open - he couldnt, so he left. now we have to get on with it and appoint a new boss, except we cant cos ashley wants out at the first sign of trouble.

And it REALLY took until late-night on September 1st before he realised enough was enough?

Yes, he waited to see how transfer deadline day panned out.

Aye, the f***ing master of timing isnt he. Could it have been worse?

No.

He had faith in Dennis, TJ & Jeff to deliver, after all he had been backing them all summer in the press & media . Then they deliver a loan signing & Xisco.

Thats the nature of the transfer market. You dont always get what you want.

In 1995, we had to wait 6 months to see Andy Cole's replacement, and that was with Keegan in charge of transfers. Who's to say that wouldn't have happened this January?

Good spot. I remember that, I can also remember the rest of the season nose-dived with the players morale plummeting without a leading striker up front.

In 1995, we had to wait 6 months to see Andy Cole's replacement, and that was with Keegan in charge of transfers. Who's to say that wouldn't have happened this January?

Good spot. I remember that, I can also remember the rest of the season nose-dived with the players morale plummeting without a leading striker up front.

Yep, the wait effectively cost us a spot in Europe that season, we lost a realistic chance of getting to the FA Cup Final (made it to the Quarter Finals that season, and with Andy Cole or his replacement, who knows what we could have done against an poor Everton away, and an average Spurs in the Semi Final), and we'd have been one of the favourites for the UEFA Cup in the 95-6 season without a shadow of a doubt.

Yep, the wait effectively cost us a spot in Europe that season, we lost a realistic chance of getting to the FA Cup Final (made it to the Quarter Finals that season, and with Andy Cole or his replacement, who knows what we could have done against an poor Everton away, and an average Spurs in the Semi Final), and we'd have been one of the favourites for the UEFA Cup in the 95-6 season without a shadow of a doubt.

a conveient way to re-write history, in order to back up your stance.

Okay then, so I'll ask you this.

With a better striker than Paul Kitson, do you think we'd have finished above 6th position?

and

With the squad Keegan had built for the 95-6 season, the one that could have won the league, do you think we could have won the UEFA Cup?

Let me re-write it so it reads better to you:

Keegan didn't sell Cole, we went on to qualify for Europe finishing 4th, and after the final whistle last game of the season, Cole took off his shirt to reveal a T shirt with Fuck off Fergie printed on the front.

Okay then, so I'll ask you this.

With a better striker than Paul Kitson, do you think we'd have finished above 6th position?

and

With the squad Keegan had built for the 95-6 season, the one that could have won the league, do you think we could have won the UEFA Cup?

I take it you wernt around home and away during keegans time here as a player, and a manager like i was.

Keegan felt that season, we couldnt better the 3rd, the season before with Andy cole, so he sold him, when he had the chance, he felt getting the money and gillespie would take us to a higher level....and it did.

NOBODY, was complaining about keegans ENTERTAINERS  at the time, the club entertains for a whole diffrent bunch of reasons these days.

Most the people posting negative stuff about KK, now, havent got a clue what they are talking about tbf

Because it's blatantly obvious that Ashley won't spend any money?

If Dennis wise was installed as director of football at man u or Arsenal and started dictating to ferguson and wenger which players he wanted coming and going how long do you think they'd stick around for? ...Now what what would the boards do at the various clubs do to stop the main man walkking? They would sack wise and move heaven and earth to get the right manager to stay. What did Ashley do??? Made a situation happen where he could put the club up for sale, convieniently enough.

Will some people on here get in through their thick skulls and stop listening to mishief making mackems. Ashley took over the toon for one reason and one reason only to make ......££££££.

Do i trust Keegan? - Yes

do i trust Ashley Wise etc - No

Keegan had to walk unless he wanted that horrible little shit Wise dictating who comes and goes. We all know there was no way aman of Keegan's standing was puting up  with that. He made a stand, Ashley refused to get rid of Wise, Keegan coulden't work under him so walked. Do i blame Keegan ? No. Do i blame Ashley- Yes he should have within reason moved Wise out etc to keep the right manager. Look at the mess we are in !! Players are  looking to leave and are not playing well anymore. Relegation is a very real possibility unless something is done fast.

The best we can hope for is that a man city type owner comes in and sacks wise and reinstalls Keegan. Keegan will steady the ship till Jan, where he can buy a few players. Thats what i'm praying for. However fat greedy bastard Ashley wants a ridiculous profit on his outlay and may be in no rush.

However if we boycott and stop the cash rolling in to Ashley his investment keeps going down in value. He's going to want to sell quicker. 

Some people are so gullible, they don't realise Ashley has been treading water since he bought us, waiting for the right time to cash in.

Even when he sells it for a big fat profit, it still wont sink in. Ashley will tell us he made nothing from it all, and play the victim. The fools will believe every lie he says.

Shepherd didn't hide the fact we owed millions on the stadium and that we had basically mortgaged it on future ticket sales. The practice of spreading out transfer fees is common knowledge.

Even little old spacker me knew this before Ashley bought us, but somehow a successful Billionaire businessman didn't.

Aye, righto. :lol:

Guest iliketoonarmy

If Dennis wise was installed as director of football at man u or Arsenal and started dictating to ferguson and wenger which players he wanted coming and going how long do you think they'd stick around for? ...Now what what would the boards do at the various clubs do to stop the main man walkking? They would sack wise and move heaven and earth to get the right manager to stay. What did Ashley do??? Made a situation happen where he could put the club up for sale, convieniently enough.

Will some people on here get in through their thick skulls and stop listening to mishief making mackems. Ashley took over the toon for one reason and one reason only to make ......££££££.

Do i trust Keegan? - Yes

Keegan had to walk unless he wanted that horrible little s*** Wise dictating who comes and goes. We all know there was no way aman of Keegan's standing was puting up  with that. He made a stand, Ashley refused to get rid of Wise, Keegan coulden't work under him so walked. Do i blame Keegan ? No. Do i blame Ashley- Yes he should have within reason moved Wise out etc to keep the right manager. Look at the mess we are in !! Players are  looking to leave and are not playing well anymore. Relegation is a very real possibility unless something is done fast.

The best we can hope for is that a man city type owner comes in and sacks wise and reinstalls Keegan. Keegan will steady the ship till Jan, where he can buy a few players. Thats what i'm praying for. However fat greedy b****** Ashley wants a ridiculous profit on his outlay and may be in no rush.

However if we boycott and stop the cash rolling in to Ashley his investment keeps going down in value. He's going to want to sell quicker. 

...man city type owner comes in...?    YES

...Reinstall Keegan...?  NO PLEASE

Some people are so gullible, they don't realise Ashley has been treading water since he bought us, waiting for the right time to cash in.

Even when he sells it for a big fat profit, it still wont sink in. Ashley will tell us he made nothing from it all, and play the victim. The fools will believe every lie he says.

He's still the owner, he's still the one putting money in (however little that is). Until someone puts their money where their mouth is and buys in, it's best just to get on with it imo.

Do i trust Keegan? - Yes

Keegan had to walk unless he wanted that horrible little s*** Wise dictating who comes and goes. We all know there was no way aman of Keegan's standing was puting up  with that. He made a stand, Ashley refused to get rid of Wise, Keegan coulden't work under him so walked. Do i blame Keegan ? No. Do i blame Ashley- Yes he should have within reason moved Wise out etc to keep the right manager. Look at the mess we are in !! Players are  looking to leave and are not playing well anymore. Relegation is a very real possibility unless something is done fast.

The best we can hope for is that a man city type owner comes in and sacks wise and reinstalls Keegan. Keegan will steady the ship till Jan, where he can buy a few players. Thats what i'm praying for. However fat greedy b****** Ashley wants a ridiculous profit on his outlay and may be in no rush.

...Reinstall Keegan...?   NO PLEASE

you've commited suicide in your first sentence by comparing KK to ferguson and wenger...laughable, as much as i like the man and he did wonders for us, he's playing a different game to those two

Guest Toon Argy

Do i trust Keegan? - Yes

...Reinstall Keegan...?   NO PLEASE

iliketoonarmy are you foreign or just a spacker?

Guest Toon Argy

i just can't be bothered to argue with them. they are totally wrong in what they are saying and its pointless having a debate with them because no matter what anyone says they won't get it in their thick heads.

Well, I've been gone for an hour and this thread has progressed quite nicely...  :rolleyes:

This was never a thread about Ashley's culpability or the validity of the system. This is the third time I've had to clarify this. (I suspect a lot of peple just don't read things that aren't convenient for them.)

ASHLEY AND CO FUCKED UP, I KNOW THAT.

What it's about is the fact that we've been seriously let down by a man that was a hero to all of us. No matter how bad things were he shouldn't have left when he did. He couldn't have if he actually loved the club as much as we thought he did.

So he's gone down in my estimation.

It's that simple.

As for the stuff SSR and Argy are spouting, I'll say "laughable" and we'll leave it at that.

Do you know much about KK first time with us?

He's still the owner, he's still the one putting money in (however little that is). Until someone puts their money where their mouth is and buys in, it's best just to get on with it imo.

http://www.toontastic.net/peasepud/headsand.jpg

http://www.toontastic.net/peasepud/headsand.jpg

For the record, I have said on plenty of prevous occasions I would love Ashley to be bought out by a mega zillionaire who will spend big. If that happens soon then the protests will have been vindicated. If it doesn't this season is fucked and they won't have helped one bit.

Guest Redcar Mag
Most the people posting negative stuff about KK, now, havent got a clue what they are talking about tbf

Nail/head my friend.

I'm not going to be told what to think about Keegan, his effect on this club and this city, by people with either no connection to the north east or who were still filling their nappies when he managed and played here before.