He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

The OP is the height of stupidity.

Perhaps none of the anti Kev brigade noticed or cared who our opponent was on the weekend?

Let me spell this out for you.

West Ham. Manager left. Same reasons. Same day. Gave us a pantsing.

One club has a board which gives a fuck about having a successful football club. It appointed a new manager and got on with setting up what it thinks is a successful system. It is now back in business, winning games.

The other club has a board concerned only with fetching many high dollar, i give you love, very nice time, love your oil dollar long time. Since it can't do it on the transfer market as planned (due to fans calling their bluff), it is now taking route 1 and has gone straight to Dubai. It could not give a fuck how many games we lose in the mean-time. This board is happy to issue inflammatory statements and leave the team to die out on the pitch.

Now someone explain to me why it is Keegans fault that we have a board concerned only with top top dollar, very nice, you have club I take money, yes yes? I know a most of you Keegan haters are bone-stupid, but like to put yourselves about as highly intellectual. So use your 'powers' of rhetoric to explain this one to me. If our wundersetup is so superfantastisch and überkontinental, why the fuck weren't we able to get on with the job like West Ham?

I'll spell it out for you. Its because either

a) The board do not give a fuck and only care about finding hello friend, i give you nice club, very good, you pay yes thankyou, bring rich friend yes.

b) The setup is so godawful and fucking embarrassing (Dennis Wise as a footballing mastermind? FMD) that no manager wants to touch it.

As for saying Kev has thrown the toys out of the pram because it got a bit tough, could one of you intellectual giants please explain to me what exactly Ashley is doing? He's not only spat the dummy but he's made the club an international embarrassment, whoring it out to foreigners like some $2 hooker in the backstreets of a third world country. At least Kev left the club with dignity, and didn't see the need to issue a couple of disgracefully embarrassing statements in the process.

There's only one thing preventing the club from getting on with it like West Ham, you turkeys. We have a board who have no desire to put in the hard yards and get back to winning matches. They only care about the size of their wallets when they sneak away at the end of this debacle.

Ashley has done nothing to deserve your trust. He is STLL DOING NOTHING TO EARN YOUR TRUST. He is letting the club flounder about while he whores it out. And yet Kev is somehow the one who goes down in your estimation. Nice one.

Well said and with a nice comic touch.

Guest Redcar Mag

Perhaps none of the anti Kev brigade noticed or cared who our opponent was on the weekend?

One club has a board which gives a fuck about having a successful football club. It appointed a new manager and got on with setting up what it thinks is a successful system. It is now back in business, winning games.

The other club has a board concerned only with fetching many high dollar, i give you love, very nice time, love your oil dollar long time. Since it can't do it on the transfer market as planned (due to fans calling their bluff), it is now taking route 1 and has gone straight to Dubai. It could not give a fuck how many games we lose in the mean-time. This board is happy to issue inflammatory statements and leave the team to die out on the pitch.

Now someone explain to me why it is Keegans fault that we have a board concerned only with top top dollar, very nice, you have club I take money, yes yes? I know a most of you Keegan haters are bone-stupid, but like to put yourselves about as highly intellectual. So use your 'powers' of rhetoric to explain this one to me. If our wundersetup is so superfantastisch and überkontinental, why the fuck weren't we able to get on with the job like West Ham?

a) The board do not give a fuck and only care about finding hello friend, i give you nice club, very good, you pay yes thankyou, bring rich friend yes.

b) The setup is so godawful and fucking embarrassing (Dennis Wise as a footballing mastermind? FMD) that no manager wants to touch it.

As for saying Kev has thrown the toys out of the pram because it got a bit tough, could one of you intellectual giants please explain to me what exactly Ashley is doing? He's not only spat the dummy but he's made the club an international embarrassment, whoring it out to foreigners like some $2 hooker in the backstreets of a third world country. At least Kev left the club with dignity, and didn't see the need to issue a couple of disgracefully embarrassing statements in the process.

There's only one thing preventing the club from getting on with it like West Ham, you turkeys. We have a board who have no desire to put in the hard yards and get back to winning matches. They only care about the size of their wallets when they sneak away at the end of this debacle.

Ashley has done nothing to deserve your trust. He is STLL DOING NOTHING TO EARN YOUR TRUST. He is letting the club flounder about while he whores it out. And yet Kev is somehow the one who goes down in your estimation. Nice one.

:clap:

When Zola was mentioned in connection with the Newcastle job it was plebs like you who were up in arms that it was a mate of Dennis Wise. Heads you win tails we lose. If Zola or Poyet go on to be outstanding managers I doubt any of you will see the irony.

West ham fans WANTED a new manager, ours are still ranting like lunatics about the one that walked out (see your post for example). If you want a new manager then shut up. If you want a new owner, what the fuck makes you think the current one is going to be in a hurry to appoint a manager?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

People still don't seem to understand there's a difference between these two positions:

- attributing some of the blame for our situation to Keegan.

- supporting Mike Ashley's ownership of NUFC.

Personally I can't wait till we get new owners, but unfortunately we're all going to have to do that.

When Zola was mentioned in connection with the Newcastle job it was plebs like you who were up in arms that it was a mate of Dennis Wise. Heads you win tails we lose. If Zola or Poyet go on to be outstanding managers I doubt any of you will see the irony.

West ham fans WANTED a new manager, ours are still ranting like lunatics about the one that walked out (see your post for example). If you want a new manager then shut up. If you want a new owner, what the fuck makes you think the current one is going to be in a hurry to appoint a manager?

Howay man. You think we havent got a new manager inyet  because everyone at the club has been logged on here all day ?

West Ham fans wanted a manager they felt they had faith in. I think Curbishleys days were already numbered because THEIR plebs were already calling for his head.

Whilst Dev's post is interesting it hinges on the question of what the difference is between our situation and West Ham's. The answer is that the people who can do something about the situation have been protested out of the club, hence we are unable to act quickly in the market for a manager. I'd have thought if you strongly back the protests, you'd have to accept that change would be stalled until the ownership changed?

Yes, the board is the problem now but that was an inevitable next step if you want them out. The idea that the club is unsellable because of the incumbent system and staff i.e. Wise is fucking laughable. Do you think the system and Wise are a condition of the sale or something? :lol:

Yeah, wicked post.

Whilst Dev's post is interesting it hinges on the question of what the difference is between our situation and West Ham's. The answer is that the people who can do something about the situation have been protested out of the club, hence we are unable to act quickly in the market for a manager. I'd have thought if you strongly back the protests, you'd have to accept that change would be stalled until the ownership changed?

Yes, the board is the problem now but that was an inevitable next step if you want them out. The idea that the club is unsellable because of the incumbent system and staff i.e. Wise is fucking laughable. Do you think the system and Wise are a condition of the sale or something? :lol:

Yeah, wicked post.

It needs to be noted though that if NUFC had acted as quickly as West Ham when Keegan resigned, the events that took place at the Hull match might never have happened (or certainly not to teh scale that they did).

If they were so steadfast in their belief that their structure and their system was the way to go, I would have expected them to say "fuck Keegan", lets go and get a manager that can work with the system.

For reasons known only to themselves, they didnt.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Ashley has acted in a cowardly manner since Keegan's departure. Not helped the situation at all. He buckled under the criticism after not contacting the fans (him or any of his staff). Pretty shcoking.

It's amazing how easily Ashley buckled like.

M.A: "It's my system, that's the way I'm going to run it!"

Fans: "We don't like it"

M.A: "Oh ok. I'll be off then. Bye"

The only person who's gone down in my estimation is Mike Ashley. I hated his system but I still expected him to put up more of a fight for it.

The only person who's gone down in my estimation is Mike Ashley. I hated his system but I still expected him to put up more of a fight for it.

Post thief. :lol:

Post thief. :lol:

I thought it sounded vaguely familiar when I was reading it back.

Yet, I seem to add a bit more class to the statement.

Ashley's been far more cowardly than Keegan. Keegan could do absolutely nothing about his situation (stick it out or walk, fucked either way) but Ashley could about his. It's in the nature of football supporters that we're fickle cunts - we wanted Shepherd out but he kept going and if he'd have turned it round, we'd have said "fair enough NE5 you were right, Fred's great".

The Glazers didn't bottle it when thousands of Man Utd fans congregated on Old Trafford, now they're English and European champions. Liverpool staged a protest on the same day as we did, Gillett and Hicks haven't hoyed the toys.

For a hard nosed businessman, he's got no spine whatsoever. Showed that when he ordered Mr Toad to sort the KK mess out rather than interrupting his jolly up.

Ashley's been far more cowardly than Keegan. Keegan could do absolutely nothing about his situation (stick it out or walk, fucked either way) but Ashley could about his. It's in the nature of football supporters that we're fickle cunts - we wanted Shepherd out but he kept going and if he'd have turned it round, we'd have said "fair enough NE5 you were right, Fred's great".

The Glazers didn't bottle it when thousands of Man Utd fans congregated on Old Trafford, now they're English and European champions. Liverpool staged a protest on the same day as we did, Gillett and Hicks haven't hoyed the toys.

For a hard nosed businessman, he's got no spine whatsoever. Showed that when he ordered Mr Toad to sort the KK mess out rather than interrupting his jolly up.

You are conveniently forgetting that if he showed some spine and did stick it out (which if he sticks to that price, he still might) everyone is still going to be up in arms till he's gone. True Faith and Friends have made it quite clear that they intend their campaign to continue.

So what is it you want? If he sells quick he's a coward, if he doesn't he's a cunt :lol:

Ashley's been far more cowardly than Keegan. Keegan could do absolutely nothing about his situation (stick it out or walk, f***ed either way) but Ashley could about his. It's in the nature of football supporters that we're fickle c***s - we wanted Shepherd out but he kept going and if he'd have turned it round, we'd have said "fair enough NE5 you were right, Fred's great".

Would it not make a difference if Ashley had bought the club to enjoy it while the others had bought into a club as a business decision?  He's hardly going to get any enjoyment out of supporting us now after the protests.

You are conveniently forgetting that if he showed some spine and did stick it out (which if he sticks to that price, he still might) everyone is still going to be up in arms till he's gone. True Faith and Friends have made it quite clear that they intend their campaign to continue.

So what is it you want? If he sells quick he's a coward, if he doesn't he's a cunt :lol:

Half the Premiership would get rid of their board tomorrow and many have protested to that end. Man Utd hate the Glazers, Liverpool hate H&G, Everton hate Kenwright. Those clubs aren't in the state we are.

I want Ashley out as much as anyone but not at the expense of Premiership football. Shepherd was a cunt as well but he never let things get to this stage, letting the club and the team be torn apart while he pisses around in bars trying to find a billionaire who might happen to have nipped in for a swift half. It's total dereliction of duty.

Ashley's been far more cowardly than Keegan. Keegan could do absolutely nothing about his situation (stick it out or walk, f***ed either way) but Ashley could about his. It's in the nature of football supporters that we're fickle c***s - we wanted Shepherd out but he kept going and if he'd have turned it round, we'd have said "fair enough NE5 you were right, Fred's great".

Would it not make a difference if Ashley had bought the club to enjoy it while the others had bought into a club as a business decision?  He's hardly going to get any enjoyment out of supporting us now after the protests.

If he'd bought it to enjoy it, he wouldn't be scrimping and saving on Michael Owen's wages while putting hundreds of millions on spread betting. I don't know what his motive was and I couldn't really give a fuck anymore. I just don't want to go down and that's where these world class players he's bought are taking us (through very little fault of their own I might add).

you're right, whatever he does at this point can be taken for a negative. but he has backed himself into that corner, no one has done it for him. it's the same with Keegan for some, no matter what he does people will find a way to give him stick, but at least keegan was in a situation where he WAS backed into a corner - he didnt have control whereas Ashley as owner has total control to do what he likes, therefore can be more accountable for whats happened.

however as Wullie says the current path he has taken us down has left us in a very bad state, worse than had he soldiered on and appointed a Wise crony like Poyet. that was his call and it is not looking like a great one right now.

But if he sells up quickly and we find a more suitable owner, then i'll stand up and at least give him credit for getting out when he did and recognising that he's perhaps the wrong man in the wrong place. it will have been for the best and i sincerely hope this happens.

it remains to be seen what happens, atm im just praying he can do a quick deal with someone.

If he'd communicated better with the fans, and tried to ease their worries, we may never have seen the protests at the hull game (obviously there would still be some, but not as many). All he had to do was release a statement similar to the one he released, but missing out the desire to sell the club. You saw how many people started to feel sorry for him on here after that statement came out.

I guess we'll never know what might have happened if things had been done differently.

Wonder where we'd be if Keegan had soldiered on and not walked out three weeks ago? :dontknow:

The amount of people who freely admit to not knowing what happened this summer, but back Keegan 100% regardless is frightening. They have already decided he is right simply because of who he is.  :undecided:

Wonder where we'd be if Keegan had soldiered on and not walked out three weeks ago? :dontknow:

The amount of people who freely admit to not knowing what happened this summer, but back Keegan 100% regardless is frightening. They have already decided he is right simply because of who he is.  :undecided:

I'm disappointed with him walking out but I can totally understand why he did it. I also can't see how he's in the wrong in any way despite the desperation of some to paint him as the bad guy.

I reckon the state of the squad speaks for itself tbh. Keegan was being asked to work miracles with his head, not Dennis Wise's, on the block.

I'm disappointed with him walking out but I can totally understand why he did it. I also can't see how he's in the wrong in any way despite the desperation of some to paint him as the bad guy.

I reckon the state of the squad speaks for itself tbh. Keegan was being asked to work miracles with his head, not Dennis Wise's, on the block.

Really?  ???

I think the squad, when fully fit, is stronger now than last season too. I can understand him walking out but not on September 2nd. If he wasn't happy with the set-up, he should have walked straight away imo.

Just my opinion btw and if people don't agree then that's fine with me. :thup: