Make you feel a little better?

Cajun

wouldnt suprise me to see Viduka play a quarter of the amount of games xisco does, but I bet he scores double the amount of goals.

I'll take that bet, we can PayPal the amount at the end of the season, £10?

Totally agree with MJ by the way, as I've been saying for the last week or so nobody could perform with the kind of injuries we have, Manure have less injuries then us and look how they're under performing.  Even 2 or 3 of those players back would make a big difference for us, I mean imagine how much Martins, Beye and Gutierrez would have improved that team today.

Also after our next two league games there's an international break again, so hopefully that will give us even more time to get everyone fit, and not cause any further injuries!

Guest rebel_yell12

Another bit of comfort -- Man Utd may well finish the weekend with the same points as Newcastle Utd.  No one predicting their relegation, eh?  It's early days yet. 

Oh I think the press may well have a different take on that than you do.

Aye, that's my point.  If Man Utd have four points on Monday, and Newcastle have four points on Monday, and if Man Utd have loads of injuries and Newcastle have loads of injuries, why is it a guarantee of improved results for one, and relegation for the other?  I'm hardly saying that the two clubs are the same -- Man Utd will finish well above Newcastle this season -- but I'm fairly sure that a team in 19th after the fifth match has comfortably survived before, and will do again in the future.  It's not as if we're 20 points off 10th or the like, it's more like what? 3 points right now?  It's still very early in the season, there's plenty of time for improvement.  Newcastle has had bad starts before.  Getting players back from injury, and getting in a proper (pseudo-permanent) manager will change things, for the better. 

Unless you were saying that the press will say Man Utd will be relegated?  Because if so, I think...the world might end or something similarly apocalyptic will occur. 

If we go down I will eat my hat with my arse in Fenwicks window.

i will put that in my diary, a bit nearer the time, should be able to confirm around end of april.

( unless ashley sells up ands a new owner persuades kk to return)

Also after our next two league games there's an international break again, so hopefully that will give us even more time to get everyone fit, and not cause any further injuries!

not trying to put a dampener on that but by then we could be 6 points adrift at the bottom unless things are sorted out soon

Guest rebel_yell12

not trying to put a dampener on that but by then we could be 6 points adrift at the bottom unless things are sorted out soon

Well, no one has ever overcome a 6 point difference before, have they?  Also, I'm fairly sure that your maths requires that every other team at the bottom wins both matches.  Seems unlikely.

Im just pissed off that the season started so promising, we were never gonna win anything but we were playing some decent football and there was a chance we could grab a euro spot, now were playing shit the clubs in a mess and our target is avoiding relegation to mid table, Im completly fed up with this blame game, and want things sorted one way or another.

Nah. It will just give the club a chance to waste another fornight and do fuck all about appointing a replacement manager and will probably try to find more ways to wind up the fans into a frenzy

The squad's adequate and the first team is class. I was generally very pleased with the transfer window, i felt good at half twelve that morning. However, all of that is irrelevant when the changing room is in pieces and the club is in turmoil. We'd have lost yesterday anyway, with that team you posted aswell.

Conversely, i think if these past two weeks of turmoil hadn't of happened, and everthing was still rosy, Keegan would have found a winning formula with the players that were available yesterday.

Fact of the matter is, we're going absolutely nowhere, and we'll continue losing football matches so long as there's no manager and no stability. Such is my apathy.

The squad's adequate and the first team is class. I was generally very pleased with the transfer window, i felt good at half twelve that morning. However, all of that is regardless when the changing room is in pieces and the club in general is in turmoil. We'd have lost yesterday anyway, with that team you posted too.

Conversely, i think if these past two weeks of turmoil hadn't of happened, and everthing was still rosy, Keegan would have found a winning formula with the players that were available yesterday.

Fact of the matter is, we're going absolutely nowhere, and we'll continue losing football matches so long as there's no manager and no stability. Such is my apathy.

I disagree but we will never know. :D

The squad's adequate and the first team is class. I was generally very pleased with the transfer window, i felt good at half twelve that morning. However, all of that is regardless when the changing room is in pieces and the club in general is in turmoil. We'd have lost yesterday anyway, with that team you posted too.

I disagree but we will never know. :D

Well OK, we might have faired better on the day, but my general point is that there's no future atm. We're in limbo.

I know i sound like one of them depressants - and tbf, i am pretty depressed about it all atm - but i'm being realistic... no stability, no manager, captain's off on a free, players want to leave. Hope Ashley gets the place sold pretty fucking quick.

I don't find the current squad inadequate at all and never have. I certianly like it 200% more than the one we had last year. (That said, I wouldn't have sold Faye)

It's really not any smaller than that of our "former" competitors Villa/Everton/Portsmouth etc. The quality is also there arguably, although in very, very injury-prone packages. (Viduka, Oba)

Our problems lie elsewhere.