Newcastle United V Charlton Athletic - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Things that fuck me off

Newcastle and moderators deleting posts, get a grip, this is a place for your feelings!

Your thread was merged with an existing thread expressing the exact same issue.  You get a grip and read what's there before typing ROEDER OUT!!!!!!

not according to a certain Mr.mourinho(regarding duff and chelsea). words like 'relegation' and 'embarresment' dont fit. we completly dominated them and played great football for almost the entire game. frustrating fits best i think. probably 20 attempts on goal, and we were stopped by carson, the post, and some duff's right foot. put ameobi, sibs, or martins on the field and this is a route. also parker seemed to have a knock in the second half and that completly changed the game. him and butt switched rolls, and butt didnt offer nearly as much going forward.  all in all incredibly disappointing, but was some of the best football the teams played all year.

We never looked like scoring

not according to a certain Mr.mourinho(regarding duff and chelsea). words like 'relegation' and 'embarresment' dont fit. we completly dominated them and played great football for almost the entire game. frustrating fits best i think. probably 20 attempts on goal, and we were stopped by carson, the post, and some duff's right foot. put ameobi, sibs, or martins on the field and this is a route. also parker seemed to have a knock in the second half and that completly changed the game. him and butt switched rolls, and butt didnt offer nearly as much going forward.  all in all incredibly disappointing, but was some of the best football the teams played all year.

Great football?  I beg your pardon?

Agree 100%

On another day, we could of won 4-0 at least.

a pattern is emerging. start the game on top, fail to capitalise on our dominance or only score one, run out of ideas, opposition come back into it and win, probably due to our own mistakes. the last bit didn't happen today but only cos Charlton were fucking rank, and even then they had 3 or 4 opportunities towards the end (one caused by bramble).

roeder needs to find some answers to pressing questions.

why does he always fail to make tactical or personnel changes in the course of a match?

where is the leadership and motivation to take us through the whole 90 minutes?

are we just not fit enough to play well across a whole game?

why do our players lack both attacking and defensive cutting-edge?

why does glen look like roland rat?

etc etc

Agree 100%

On another day, we could of won 4-0 at least.

Them "other days" never come though.

How anyone can be satisfied is absolutely beyond me.

0-0 at home to the club at the bottom of the table, probably the worst team in the league at the moment barring ourselves, is a complete and utter embarassment. Dismal result. Disgraceful.

And to think i only managed to get my fucking stream working at 62mins. :roll:

Jesus Wept.

phil, did you watch the game?

Nope, listened to it at work and on the way home.

How can you try to pass off a 0-0 against the bottom club as excusable, by the way ?

Please explain why 0-0 (against the bottom side) is NOT reprehensible and a massive cause for concern ?

That and "incapable of hitting a barn door at 3 paces" NOT accurate ?

Do you need explaining to you just how many goals Newcastle have scored this season ? How many atrocious performances ? How many points thrown away because....they couldn't hit a barn door at 3 paces perhaps ? Or has it all to do with dreadful management ?

Or maybe both ?

Fuck off to anyone criticising Damien Duff after that game, he was brilliant! True class, it's not his fault that he's the only one who can create chances for us. Great game from Duffer, well played. N'Zogbia had his moments, but was wasteful on it.

To be fair, we looked like scoring at least three goals, but magically didn't. I'm not too unhappy with the performance, we'd win seven out of ten games with that sort of domination and number of chances. The only negative, apart from the lack of goals, was Roeder's non-existant response to Charlton's change of formation.

Thought we played well and dominated the first 60 minutes. With a bit more luck and a few good bounces, could've been up 2-0. Also, the penalty that Duff earned but that was not given didn't help either.

My only quibble is that when Charlton switched formations by taking off Marcus Bent and bringing on Hughes, Roeder did not respond in kind by bringing off a central defender and bringing on Luque or Milner. There was no real reason to keep playing with four defenders once Charlton had only one striker on the pitch.

it seems that we play well for about 60 minutes every match, but if you don't convert that into 3 points it means fuck all. yes we might pass it about a bit but we are not scoring and always liable to make mistakes at the back. that is a recipe for disaster. we seriously lack cutting edge. i totally agree on the failure to change things by making substitions or switching the formation around. think that is becoming obvious for everyone that glenn is very unresponsive. i dare say that is another manifestation of his hesitance, something that cost us in the transfer market is now costing us in matches.

i think it is fairly clear that rossi is not the answer, at least not playing up front alone. I thought Duff in a free-role worked very well, but he needed someone with a bit of presence and power in front of him.

Guest smoggeordie

I was at the game. Started brightly, then fucking embarassing for the last hour. No creativity, no skill, no heart, no determination, no tactics.

No clue.

Shepherd out.

I was at the game. Started brightly, then ****ing embarassing for the last hour. No creativity, no skill, no heart, no determination, no tactics.

No clue.

Shepherd out.

Roeder is tactically inept,but he was the fans choice.

I'm not going to say we didn't 'deserve' to win, in the sense we had a couple of scoring opportunities, but this is becoming a familiar story.  "We should've won, scored", "we dominated" etc, which all amounts to fuck all if a) you don't win the games or b) get fucking relegated by the end of the season.

It was always going to be the case that we'd have more of the ball and more chances, this is a side sitting bottom of the league, looking to take a point (at most, really) realistically away from home this season.  So us having more of the ball and a handful of chances means by and large fuck all in this game.

Let's also not forget Bramble nearly gifted the fuckers a goal, which they luckily shot high or wide, can't recall, I was yawning at the time.  They came here to defend and frustrate, and we couldn't get a breakthrough.  And there's only one reason for that, and it's because we're utter fucking shite.