Newcastle United V Charlton Athletic - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

How did Butt get the sponsor's MOTM btw?

There was a deadly hush around SJP when this was announced. Eerie.

:lol: heard that on tv. there was a ripple of anticipation as it was about to be announced, then an audible "eh?" as it was said. think it is becoming like "employee of the month" tbh just to justify some of the crap we have  at the club.

next week, man of the match will be "inanimate carbon rod"

One thing I will say which wont be very popular is, as much as i love him and what he brings to the team Zog does try and do a little too much, a little too often! To be fair when no other cunt looks like scoring it probably seems worth a go but it is frustrating watching him run into 3 players and predictably lose the ball.

How did Butt get the sponsor's MOTM btw?

There was a deadly hush around SJP when this was announced. Eerie.

:lol: heard that on tv. there was a ripple of anticipation as it was about to be announced, then an audible "eh?" as it was said. think it is becoming like "employee of the month" tbh just to justify some of the crap we have at the club.

next week, man of the match will be "inanimate carbon rod"

Nah it will be Anal Oliver for his dedication to club propaganda. Then we'll get a diary entry in the next Chronicle detailing the moments he went to collect it and why he deserved it.

Well I watched the game on the TV here! we don't often get the chance to see The Toon play here in Canada, so I was going to savour this one!, but what a dissapointment we played well in the first half against a pub team we should have killed them but we lacked it up front, why oh why! didn't Roeder play Luque up front when it was dead obvious that Duff is no centre forward and didn't look likely to ever score, Carr was his usual self made some good runs but that was about it half the times he didn't know where his man was, his finishing was terrible. Sorry to say but Roeder really doesn't have a clue about tactics and game plans  does he?, it's time for a change from the top to the bottom.

Apart from Martins there was no need to change a winning team. Roeder was nowhere to be seen in the second half when Dowie changed it, Milner on earlier or - god forbid - Luque may have made a difference. Bramble did his best to f**k it up at the finish, for a change. Really don't know where we go from here. The only available striker we had was a teenager on loan from a big club.

SHEPHERD OUT NOW.

Guest elbee909

Maybe just me, but seemed a fair few times when our own players were running into each other.  Maybe they remember what happened the last time that happened; but Shepherd wasn't here to watch today lads.

Charlton must be one of the worst teams I have ever seen play at SJP, 1st half we only looked so good because they wwre so poor. All that pressure and nothing but a point, Rossi is outstanding though, lack of match ditness showed near the end mind.

Guest mosefish

One of the most worrying things I find is that we played well and didn’t win. Relegation form isn’t necessarily playing poorly, it can also be playing well and not winning.

Probably could have been worse also, if Bent had finished that chance Bumble gifted him and if Babayaro hadn’t taken Rommedahl out at the end.

Like others, I was puzzled by the lateness of the substitution. It was clear that we'd run out of steam and needed fresh legs, and that Solano was the most tired.

We showed a bit of spirit but looked nervous. Unsurpisingly due to the strikeforce, we never looked remotely like scoring from a cross or a corner.

Yet another depressing day at the match.  We should have buried them in the 1st half - created plenty of chances and Rossi looked really sharp with his passing and the way he read the game (trying not to get too excited about him though as he's only ours for another few weeks).

2nd half we didn't create and the atmosphere seemed to drain away as we realised we weren't getting the 3 points.

Once again Bramble pulled out a couple of absolutely disgraceful errors (it might be better just starting with 10 men and leave him off instead of risking playing this shit for brains excuse for a defender costing the game).  And what is it with Duff?  He constantly walks around looking like he doesn't want to be there and spits the dummy if things don't go his way.

And to put the icing on the cake - by the time I got home from the game I'd missed the start of X Factor.  Sad, but the way things are at the moment I'd rather be watching it - at least it's 1 pile of crap that doesn't cost me £500 a season to watch.

First-half diagnosis?

Good, shouldve been a couple up.  Rossi looked really good as did Nobby.  Opposition must be noted though.

Second-half diagnosis?

Rubbish.  Guttless, clueless and no foreward thinking.

Full-time diagnosis?

Eugh.  This is no slump.

Star man for United?

Rossi.

Worst United player?

Titus.  Generally ok, but shouldve been the match loser letting bent through.

Opposition comment?

Crap.

Toon-pros?

Rossi looked really good and could be brilliant.  Made chances in first half to win comfertably, shame we dwelled on them...again.

Toon-cons?

Apart from the obvious, Rossi wont be staying.  Lateness of milner and lack of luque.

Post-match feelings?

Not impressed with MOTD. Didn't show Parker's screamer that narrowly missed, or the Rossi freekick just over in the second half. :thdn:

Its MOTD, just be glad we got the 3 minutes or whatever we were "blessed" with this week!

I didn't see Duff's penalty claim until this evening and well, i've seen them given. Wasn't stone wall but i think he had a good case. I mean - he was through on goal and had every chance of scoring - why exactly would he dive. Plus, there is definitely contact there. I think that's a penalty.

Guest smoggeordie

Aye, it's just that in a 0-0 draw i'd have thought they wanted to show the shots that came closest, at least...

0-0???? I thought our strikers were "superb".