Newcastle United V Charlton Athletic - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

I didn't see Duff's penalty claim until this evening and well, i've seen them given. Wasn't stone wall but i think he had a good case. I mean - he was through on goal and had every chance of scoring - why exactly would he dive. Plus, there is definitely contact there. I think that's a penalty.

He kicked himself  :lol:

I didn't see Duff's penalty claim until this evening and well, i've seen them given. Wasn't stone wall but i think he had a good case. I mean - he was through on goal and had every chance of scoring - why exactly would he dive. Plus, there is definitely contact there. I think that's a penalty.

He kicked himself :lol:

Did he?

OK, moving on. :lol:

I was utterly convinced at the time (like thousands of others) but a replay shows the contact was minimal. The bit i've highlighted in bold is the key though, and I said that at the game.

Guest geordieracer

we've offically joined charlton as the joke team who knowone in the league gives a flying f*ck about..

anyone who just likes to watch newcastle on motd might as well just switch on at half past 11 unless we get a pasting from the top 4..

what a pathetic season this is promising to be, the only reason we can be saved from relegation is that west ham and charlton are even worse..

we've offically joined charlton as the joke team who knowone in the league gives a flying f*ck about..

anyone who just likes to watch newcastle on motd might as well just switch on at half past 11 unless we get a pasting from the top 4..

what a pathetic season this is promising to be, the only reason we can be saved from relegation is that west ham and charlton are even worse..

Ermmmm...3 teams go down mate... :winking:

They were utterly fucking dire, relegation certainties for sure.  We played well the first half, but couldn't make it count - just like at Boro we ran out of ideas and ran out of steam.  That's probably the easiest game we're going to have all season, and decent performance or no we're going to be in serious shit if we can't get three points out of those fixtures.

Special mention for Ace Detective Dicknose, the fucking clueless arsehole copper who parked his huge fucking meat wagon in the bottleneck outside the East Stand causing a huge crush after full time, then put his blue lights on and tried to plow through everyone to get out.  Well done son, OBE coming your way you fucking cunt end.

bout the duff-incident. he was kicked enough to make him fall over himself = foul. however, he was outside of the box, so no penalty. though the charltonplayer should have been sent off.

anyone else think that Faye's tackle on the zog was worthy off a red? im not the one who think that cards should be waved, but that tackle was insane!

Guest Geordiesned

Played well in the first half but the 2nd half was very poor. Duff wasted countless chances throughout and I'm getting very pissed off with his reluctance to take people on down the left hand side. He keeps cutting back all the time despite there being huge spaces to run into. He showed on Wednesday night for Nobby's first goal what he can do if he does take on the right back and get a cross in so why doesn't he try and do it more often?

Another thing that really fucked me off yesterday was Harper continually booting the ball long to our 2 midget strikers who were beaten time and time again in the air as you'd expect. Why wasn't this addressed in training and instructions given for the full backs to come short and look for the ball? If Roeder and our coaching staff can't get the fucking basics right what fucking hope do we have?!

Guest Toongaboom

Harper

Carr Moore Bramble Baba

Milner Parker Zogbia

Duff

Rossi        Luque                   

Duff was not even in the box for it to be a pen and in no way was it handball for a pen, at close range with his hand and arms firmly at his side it hit his shoulder.

I can be happy we dominated and it created a bit of noise but come on we were just given the ball back all of the time, Charlton were shocking and people on here wnated us to pay out big money for either of the Bents. I would be going mental if I was Dowie, how many times were they caught offside ? it was pure schoolboy stuff from the pair of them.

For us not to win when the team we face are that poor is just not good enough at all, Roeder must be given only until Xmas to fix this or its bye bye time and atleast give a new manager a transfer window to work with.

SSN site headline for Chartlon after the match

Plucky Addicks frustrate Toon

Charlton produced an excellent display to claim a point on their travels at Newcastle.

Late but here gos.

Harper 6- Did his job.

Carr 6- Supported well but has no clue on how to cross the ball.

Moore 7- Our best centre back by a mile.

Bramble 5- OUT!

Babayaro 7- Gets let down by Bramble too often, decent job.

Nobby 6- Great first half, woeful second.

Parker 6- For a captain he lacks communication skills

Butt 7- Impressed. Tackled, dribbled earned his place next week.

Zoggy 7- Good work in the first half, ran at the opposition.

Duff 7- Worked hard in a unfimiilar role.

Rossi 7- Going to be a star, should have scored.

Bar 1892 atmosphere= Pathetic.

As much as Duff had a great game, it seemed to me we effectively played with 2 LWs and 1 striker, meaning there was never anyone in the box, and never anyone supporting Rossi, and indeed Rossi didnt get a sniff of the ball in the 2nd half.

I was actually incredibly impressed with Roeder today. How he managed to get himself dressed and to the game is admirable given that the man is brain dead.

ROEDER OUT. SHEPHERD OUT.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif You've just made my day.

For the first time this season, I think we're in danger of going down.

Roeder just can't cut it now that the lift from Souness leaving has gone, he's on a par with Souness when it comes to being clusless.  I think I predicted that we'd finish between 8th and 12th before the season got under way, now I think we're on for our lowest Premiership finish, I can't see us finishing as high as 14th with this setup at the club.

The bottom team have just earned a point away from home, something they've been unable to do until now.  If Sheff Utd get the first goal against us then I can see us getting beat.

Shepherd Out

Guest The Fox

I look at the upcoming fixtures and I believe, Sheff Utd aside, that we are in serious trouble. No transfer activity before January, injuries piling up, Owen still out of the picture, not scoring goals and not defensively sound. Add a few suspensions and our heavy fixture list, it does not augur well.

People keep saying its early days but there's not a lot on the horizon.

Guest newcastle4life

terrible result dont think we will be relagated but if something isnt done anythings possible cant win at home to Charlton of all teams.

Guest Darth Toon

Have to admit I'm genuinely worried now.

Sheff Utd is by no means a certain win - they could have had a result against Chelsea but for a missed penalty and were unlucky to lose at Everton despite playing most of the game with 10 men.

They'll be a lot more physical and direct than Charlton were, and very dangerous at set pieces, and with our soft centre that's a recipe for diaster, especially as we have less than 48 hours to recover from Palermo away.

After that it's Man City and Arsenal away, and in December we're away at Blackburn, Chelsea, Bolton and Everton - not too many points to be had there.....