One of two things we CAN win !!

kane2005

Tomorrow night , we play in the Carling Cup which at the start of every season is one of the more realistic things we can win , and I stress we CAN win.

Our last two results have been poor but I believe that if we had the likes of , Beye , Gutierrez , Martins , Guthrie , Enrique playing we would have taken at least 4 points out of the 6.

Tomorrow we have Martins back in the team , unsure on the others but even he can help the team and cause the opposition much problems.

I hope the majority of the fans dont choose to watch it on the TV , and would hope we could get 30,000+ which seems to be really unrealistic , BUT , some people seemed to think there would only be 30,000 for the Hull game and we had 50,000+ there.

Lets not give the press anymore ammunition by showing them 30,000 empty seats , were playing Tottenham who are below us in the league , and have yet to win a game , and tomorrow is either going to be Tottenhams time to issue us a battering or for us to stand together , support our team and bounce back from 2 poor results.

SUPPORT THE TOON , ITS YOUR DUTY !!

NEWCASTLE United skipper Michael Owen has sent a message to the Toon Army ahead of their Carling Cup showdown with Tottenham Hotspur - "We're in this together and we need you more than ever".

The Magpies are still without a manager as they prepare to face the North Londoners and Owen accepts it's been a difficult period for both players and fans alike.

But the Newcastle captain believes that if any set of supporters are able to inspire a team to victory then it is the Geordie faithful.

"The fans play a massive part in this team, probably here more than anywhere else," he told nufcTV.

Article continues>>

"The fans here really can inspire the team to get results.

"The supporters are not stupid. They know that we are in the same boat as them.

"We are in this together and we need them more than ever.

"When we win it's with the help of the fans.

"I think we can sympathise with each other at the moment and hopefully that will get us through and we'll get some results in the meantime."

NEWCASTLE United skipper Michael Owen has sent a message to the Toon Army ahead of their Carling Cup showdown with Tottenham Hotspur - "We're in this together and we need you more than ever".

The Magpies are still without a manager as they prepare to face the North Londoners and Owen accepts it's been a difficult period for both players and fans alike.

But the Newcastle captain believes that if any set of supporters are able to inspire a team to victory then it is the Geordie faithful.

"The fans play a massive part in this team, probably here more than anywhere else," he told nufcTV.

Article continues>>

"I think we can sympathise with each other at the moment and hopefully that will get us through and we'll get some results in the meantime."

I'm getting a sense of deja vu reading those comments.

Sure I've seen them elsewhere today.  :razz:

The club should give free tickets away

I'm not wasting another £10 or whatever it is

well not fre,, but £10 adult and £5 for kids, im sure would get a cracking crowd. I just never understand why they dont do this? Without working it out, im sure the maths would add up unless im massivley wrong?

I would have been there but the events off the field and the £20 entrance fee have forced me to stay away.

I predict a shocking crowd with us getting dumped out on our arses.

Sad, but I cant see anything else really.

They should realise people are feeling the pinch (credit crunch etc.) and focus on what price would ensure a full ground rather than how much they can get away with charging.

The product on show does not warrant paying above a fiver IMO and I,m afraid you are dead right with your match prediction.

Its a game where we face the southern equalivant of ourselves - we both expect too much, we are both under massive media pressure whether doing well or not, we are both shite at the moment, we both have large problems, both sets of fans are restless . . . .

Not only will a victory start to erase what has been a horrid september but we get to put one past spuds, and theres nothing more satisfying than that (apart from spanking the mackems).

Article continues>>

:lol:

Sure 'we' are Michael. Let's see if 'we' are still together this time next year eh?

Its a game where we face the southern equalivant of ourselves - we both expect too much, we are both under massive media pressure whether doing well or not, we are both s**** at the moment, we both have large problems, both sets of fans are restless . . . .

Not only will a victory start to erase what has been a horrid september but we get to put one past spuds, and theres nothing more satisfying than that (apart from spanking the mackems).

on the contrary, i dont expect anything anymore.

Its a game where we face the southern equalivant of ourselves - we both expect too much, we are both under massive media pressure whether doing well or not, we are both s**** at the moment, we both have large problems, both sets of fans are restless . . . .

Unfortunately I think thats what a majority of fans are saying (myself included) but deep down, I strongly doubt thats what a majority of fans are actually thinking (myself included).

Unfortunately I think thats what a majority of fans are saying (myself included) but deep down, I strongly doubt thats what a majority of fans are actually thinking (myself included).

nah, i dont expect, i hope.

Article continues>>

:lol:

Sure 'we' are Michael. Let's see if 'we' are still together this time next year eh?

Touché.

People...

Yes We Are Shit Atm...

But We Are Not Playing A Good Team Tomorrow...

We Are Playing Tottenham...

I've Already Said On Another Thread, We Will Win 5-1. Butt Will Score 2.

It seems the people who give the go-ahead to advertise cup games have not been at SJP this week. As from what I have seen the Journal  & Chron have had no adverts in. Usually Olly & Luke Edwards always mention the cheaper tickets in the build up to the game. As I said elsewhere you get the felling some people for some perverse reason may be happy to see a small crowd. The size of the crowd being one of the few things we can class as a positive about Newcastle United.

Any adverts been on the radio?