New manager must be Shearer

Guest sicko2ndbest

"He's got fuck all to lose"

Like previous toon legend KK, you mean? Hmmm.

You know what, I'm going to start supporting the Villa.

Don't bother.

We lost at home to QPR tonight. Fucking disgrace. Only 21k there, too. Bigger disgrace.

I really want to see Shearer given a chance. I think he has something about him , same as Hughes, that would make a strong manager. Plus he is local and we seem to do best under people who know the area and he likes attacking football. I dont think he would stand for any s**** but I think he would make sure the setup was sorted before he agreed to come.

How do you know he likes attacking football???  his most successful time as a player was when he was managed by Dalglish, someone Shearer thinks the world of,  for all you know Shearer could set his teams up and play like KD did,  won trophies but not exactly wonderful attacking football!!!

Guest LucaAltieri

Fuck off.

Shearer is way too good for this fucking disgraceful shambles currently masquerading as Newcastle United Football Club.

Way too good.

So imagine the lift...

I actually don't think he'd be such a bad appointment at this time...but only with new owners. He's got a strong mentality so I don't think he'd give up when the going gets tough plus whilst he was assistant manager he made Roeder look good.

"We need a proven manager more than ever now"?

Was Keegan "proven" when he became manager?

Anyone who thinks Shearer isn't "good enough" for us needs to give their heads a shake. He's got it in him, there's no doubt in my mind about him. He made Roeder look good. He would be inspirational. And he wouldn't do it until the set up above and below him was right.

But since we're on course to be sold down the river to the first Nigerian gangster to cough up the ransom, all of this is just pipe dreams.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Keegan the first time was a last throw of the dice to stop a slide into the 3rd division. The current situation doesn't warrant such a gamble imo.

Don't bother.

We lost at home to QPR tonight. Fucking disgrace. Only 21k there, too. Bigger disgrace.

I'd rather lose to QPR than to fucking Spurs.

Guest Jawesome

Don't bother.

I'd rather lose to QPR than to fucking Spurs.

Likewise :lol:

Change the thread title to : New manager must be AN ACTUAL FUCKING MANAGER.

Anyone who thinks Shearer isn't "good enough" for us needs to give their heads a shake. He's got it in him, there's no doubt in my mind about him. He made Roeder look good. He would be inspirational. And he wouldn't do it until the set up above and below him was right.

But since we're on course to be sold down the river to the first Nigerian gangster to cough up the ransom, all of this is just pipe dreams.

We were drinking in the last chance saloon when Keegan came here the first time around. Just because he was a good manager doesn't mean that Shearer will be too.

For every Keegan and Hughes there are dozens Souness' and Gullit's. We shouldn't go around appointing unproven managers unless we have no other option.

Got You're On SKy Sports on atm and they've apparently received some news on the El Tel situation.

EDIT: Ashley and Venables met earlier today with a view to him being interim manager until the end of October. Venables is apparently thinking it over.

Tony Adams: Manages a lower league team, coaches a good youth side abroad for a year or two, now deputising Harry Redknapp.

Roy Keane: Takes the plunge and manages a Championship side with decent funding, promotes them to the Premiership, stabilises them to an extent.

Mark Hughes: Manages what is essentially a smaller international side, does well, goes to Rovers, does alright, goes to City.

Alan Shearer: Becomes a useless pundit, sits around waiting for - or probably expecting - the job to be handed to him.

Maybe he has it in him to be a good manager, but he's not exactly showing much hunger or desire to become that.

Maybe Shearer doesn't fancy the prospect of being shouted out of the job by the Mong Boo Boys, before he gets a chance to prove himself.

It's hardly an appetising prospect for any Geordie to know they'd be on a hit list if they failed to beat every other team by ten goals.

:(

Guest Jawesome

Maybe Shearer doesn't fancy the prospect of being shouted out of the job by the Mong Boo Boys, before he gets a chance to prove himself.

It's hardly an appetising prospect for any Geordie to know they'd be on a hit list if they failed to beat every other team by ten goals.

It wouldn't happen.  He's a Geordie.  One of the boys.

Bollocks. Shearer is one of the few who would be given a chance.

Take your head out of your backside and see sense - appointing an unproven manager at this juncture is much more of a risk than employing someone who has managed at this level before.

I'd rather have Keegan back than that smug bastard.

At least Shearer wouldn't turn his back on us and leave us in the shit.

Shearer turned his back on us when he preferred to stay on MOTD than work alongside Keegan as far as I am concerned. he seemed far happier working with Souness and Dalglish.