If Kevin Keegan Returned, Will You Forgive Him?

Guest shearer_united
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Er, no - his decision has caused the results IMO... we'd still be doing alright if he hadn't walked away.

And if he hadn't left it would have been like sticking a plaster over a fatal wound.

Honestly, some of you lot talking about not trusting Keegan, not forgiving him etc, its pathetic. The guy has done us a favour in the long run.

This structure at the club was a ticking time bomb, better to happen early doors than towards the end of the season.

Er, no - his decision has caused the results IMO... we'd still be doing alright if he hadn't walked away.

I would get behind him if he returned, but for me the recent incidents have soured my love for Keegan permanently. He'll never mean the same to me after this as he did before, and that's maybe the saddest thing about the whole debacle.

Bollocks. The results and the football are as bad as they were before he came in. Insofar as they are worse, it's because of injuries and due to the squad not being strengthened in the summer.

Honestly, some of you lot talking about not trusting Keegan, not forgiving him etc, its pathetic. The guy has done us a favour in the long run.

This structure at the club was a ticking time bomb, better to happen early doors than towards the end of the season.

That's all up in the air now, there's no way we can know. Again the timing of his tantrum has put us in the shit there's no denying that. If he was going to quit along the line so be it, he could have done so in December or stick to it until May.

He can shove his pride and integrity up his backside. I'm sure it makes him feel all warm inside

That's all up in the air now, there's no way we can know. Again the timing of his tantrum has put us in the s*** there's no denying that. If he was going to quit along the line so be it, he could have done so in December or stick to it until May.

He can shove his pride and integrity up his backside. I'm sure it makes him feel all warm inside

Why wait till December or May? Thats a rediculous suggestion. Its obvious he had been promissed players in by the transfer deadline and this is what has kicked off the argument. He, like us had been strung along by the Ashley administration, if he had known about things earlier he would have left earlier. Even Wenger and Fergie acknowledge he was right to leave.

Keegan staying would have been delaying the inevitable failure of the Ashley regime, he has done us a favour in exposing this gang of mercinaries.

Yes I'd have him back but not sure what there is to forgive fim for.  Really though, I'd like to have heard Keegan make some kind of statement during these past weeks, just so we (fans) know where we stand adn if he's ever contemplate coming back.  I suppose he will not say a word until the coast is clear and his business with Ashley is sorted and Ashley has gone completely.

I can also see Keegan returning and when asked what really happend I can honestly see him saying something like....

"I told him (Ashley) and I told him straight. I told him that you can not pull the wool over the eyes of these supporters.  They will not tolerate the club being run this way. I told him that this is their club and they are the greatest fans in the world. I told him that the fans would unite, that they are passionate and fight for what they believe but he (Ashley) wanted to do things his way. I couldn't get it through to him that the club comes before anything else in this part of the world.  He just didn't see it.  He left me with no choice and I had to go.  He just didn't realise, whilst his intentions might have been good, that you can't take the any part of this club for granted, not least the fans.  I couldn't take it. I had to leave"

Along those lines.  The 30% who don't want him back will shorten to about 10% if he ever comes back and makes a statement along those lines.  I live in hope.

If he ever came back, it would definiately be under his terms. Meaning I'd not fear him walking out again. So because of that, I'll have no issues with him coming back. God knows we'd need someone of his calibre again these days anyways. Plus, there's nothing to forgive. Man walked out on principle, hell, I'd have done the same. Bad example, but imagine playing FM and not getting to buy the players you'd like, not as much fun to play then, is it?

There's no way on earth we can tell at this point whether Keegan's done us a favour or not. Come back in a year's time and let's see where we are, because right now it's looking like the fizzy pop league.

In calling Ashley's bluff early, although he may have risked relegation he's put a big ole facepalm to the Ashley 'keep em safely at 13th and roll the money in' strategy.

Surely anyone can agree that he's done the right thing. How could any club legend stand by like that when they knew the fans were being sold a pack of lies, and acquiesce simply because of the risk the owner might throw a big tanty and risk relegation after they left?

What Keegan did was show some respect for himself and for the fans, something that had been lacking for far too long. Bring on the threat of relegation, if it means the chance of success, instead of iron clad, money making mediocrity.

Guest helios_centric

Should be a 3rd option: "There's nothing to forgive him for".

Many of us don't hold with the opinion that he did anything wrong so I've not voted.

Should be a 3rd option: "There's nothing to forgive him for".

Many of us don't hold with the opinion that he did anything wrong so I've not voted.

Got proof? Not saying he did anything wrong - I don't know one way or the other. Nor do you.

At the moment i don't think i can forgive him,he should of just got on with the job as best as he could and got us as many points as possible before the next transfer window and then stepped down,atleast by then we might of had enough points on the board to assure us premiership survival.