Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Thought he was awesome in the second half. Won a large number of headers, won every 1-on-1 situation, and generally seemed like a magnet for the ball whenever it was knocked into the central areas. I really hope that was the game where he truly started to find his feet in this league - there aren't many strikers in La Liga who are capable of bullying a centreback, so the challenge the likes of Yakubu and Fellaini will have posed wouldn't have been something Coloccini is used to.

But he seemed to grow in defence as the game went on, and whereas at the start he was being bullied by Yakubu/Fellaini, by the end they were effectively being shut out by Coloccini.

I think he's a very good centre-half. He's made a few mistakes since he's been here admittedly but when you consider the general state of the club then it's not really surprising in my opinion. He certainly doesn't warrant people getting on his back after a handful of games.

He's good enough for Argentina but he's not good enough for us? Fuck off.  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been that surprised by Coloccini start to the season to be honest; quite fine at one on one defending and very comfortable with the ball at his feet but he has struggled quite a lot with crosses and the amount of crosses from wide something he will get better at with more premiership games I would expect.

Utterly dreadful on the cross for Everton second goal last match.

Hopefully Beye fitness problems are now behind him and Coloccini and Taylor can get a long run and establish a partnership something the side has lacked for a long time.

Coloccini/Bassong for me in the centre.

:nods:

Taylor needs to be taken out of things for a while and Bassong deserves a chance.

i think he should be moved to RB

in place of Beye? I know he Tayls was class on the last game but aint gonna do that week in week out

well, Beye havent exacly been top notch either... injured for most of the season (looked shaky preseason)

I see your point, but the few matches i have seen Taylor play at RB, he plays very good, it seems more like the position for him...

I mean... Why not :)

Beye has just recently said he's been playing on pain all pre-season leading up to now so I can imagine that would have affected his performances.

I'm sure Beye will back to how he was last season after a few games back in the side.

Taylor needs to be taken out of things for a while and Bassong deserves a chance.

in place of Beye? I know he Tayls was class on the last game but aint gonna do that week in week out

well, Beye havent exacly been top notch either... injured for most of the season (looked shaky preseason)

I see your point, but the few matches i have seen Taylor play at RB, he plays very good, it seems more like the position for him...

Because Beye is a much better defender than Taylor?  Just a thought like.

Because Beye is a far superior player than him perhaps? :lol:

He wasn't class, he did well going forward but poor at the back, both goals came from the wing he defended, at least I think they did.

Because Beye is a far superior player than him perhaps? :lol:

yes....

but he isnt fully fit yet is he? so why not try out taylor for one more match, and we could possibly avoid a new injury?

"He wasn't class, he did well going forward but poor at the back, both goals came from the wing he defended, at least I think they did."

never said he was class, but a good option

Guest Heneage

Colo cant speak english very well, can he? Give him time  to learn the language and to settle in the north-east and im sure he will be a class act for this club! argie regular isnt he?!

Not sure Xisco speaks decent English apparently.

Taylor was maybe our man of the match last game. I think when people are playing good they should get the chance to defend their place in the team.

especially if our nr1 right back is not certain to be 100% match fit :angel:

Guest Chris P

judge judge judge. thats all that any fucker does on here.. if your all so fuckin mint and know soooo much about football . why aren't you playin on monday night. shut the fuck up about colocinni