Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Completely disagree with HTT. Whenever i've seen him play, he's won the majority of his aerial battles and consistantly tracked back and broke down opposition attacks. He's also very confident on the ball.

However, there have been "moments" not titus esq but in the last two games he has been at fault for two goals. When the team is playing as bad as it has been recently it's not suprising to see these incidents, when the side is in full flow and performing to it's potential you will see marked improvements from individuals.

As i say every year. We need consistancy in our defence and throughout for that matter.

Colocinni is mint, a class act.  I have no quams in saying that whatsoever.

When stability is restored to the club and we get real confindence going he will prove that.  I have full confidence in his abilities.

The naysayers are wrong.

Same. Just to reiterate, it's a bit unfair to judge any player too much at the moment. In my opinion.

Agreed. Of all the players in the side Coloccini would be last on the list to critisise along with Owen.

Guest Howaythetoon

I feel kind of bad making a post about him because he is new and this isn't a great time for any of them but he does worry me and today in the first half he just didn't convince me at all. People are right in saying he needs a certain type of defender around him as does the team in general and it is early days. I just don't think he is or ever will be our defensive kingpin.

Hasn't looked great in the air, and the commentators were quick to pick up on it when we played very poorly until the Everton goal. I thought it was telling that by the end of the match both Tyler and Gray had been won round and were praising Coloccini's part in stifling the Everton forwards. I think it's a bit more fair assessment than some of our fans who are trying to put him down in order to big up their own favourites.

Guest The Zog

Coloccini is class and I've no doubt we'll all see that once he settles in and learns the language etc. I've no worries about him.

I feel kind of bad making a post about him because he is new and this isn't a great time for any of them but he does worry me and today in the first half he just didn't convince me at all. People are right in saying he needs a certain type of defender around him as does the team in general and it is early days. I just don't think he is or ever will be our defensive kingpin.

There are far worse centre halves playing in far better defences.

What i mean is, we need to be concentrating on picking a consistant defence and allowing them to gel. As well as this, we should be looking to give them more protection where appropriate. I believe if we do those things we will get better individual performances.

Not forgetting a so-called "solid" everton defence conceded two against a side that had only scored five.

Guest Howaythetoon

Faye was a solid enough player but not top drawer which we still need based on the evidence of Coloccini's performances thus far. We need a brute back there, a solid dependable formidable rock. He doesn't have to be the best footballer, just a really top rate defender. Someone like Carragher at Liverpool, someone like that.

Aye cos Faye has been amazing for stoke!

He was MOM at Anfield the other week.

That was Amdy :pow: :lol:

Was it? My mate who was at the game said the one we had was immense and got MOM.

It'll just be a Vidic-style first season.  Bit inconsistent but generally ok.

Would settle for that. We are too quick to write off players and make future judgements way too quickly.

Like the Manchester United fans did 45 minutes into Vidic and Evra's debuts.

Was it? My mate who was at the game said the one we had was immense and got MOM.

I thought when I put :pow: :lol: you knew I was joking about Amdy Faye being MOM.

I thought when I put :pow: :lol: you knew I was joking about Amdy Faye being MOM.

Oh. :lol:

Completely disagree with HTT. Whenever i've seen him play, he's won the majority of his aerial battles and consistantly tracked back and broke down opposition attacks. He's also very confident on the ball.

However, there have been "moments" not titus esq but in the last two games he has been at fault for two goals. When the team is playing as bad as it has been recently it's not suprising to see these incidents, when the side is in full flow and performing to it's potential you will see marked improvements from individuals.

As i say every year. We need consistancy in our defence and throughout for that matter.

Even in the shambles of the  the last few weeks you can still see the kid's quality. But there again thats no surprise - he does play for Argentina after all.

When stability returns ( a definite improvement today in that respect ) and we have 2 full backs and a team with shape, Coloccoini will be a key player and we'll see the best of him.

Keegan seemed to love him and spoke very enthusiastically about his playing and passing ability as well as his defensive qualities.

i think he's gone between very good to pretty poor in the same games. today is a perfect example, had two or three errors early on, but also won a number of tricky challenges at times he wouldnt be expected to, cleaned up when the ball ran free and passed it around well.

He's probably the best defender we have when someone is running at him tbh, he doesn't lose many one on one's.

As I said in the match thread, now that Faye has gone we've lost the physical defender who wins everything in the air which is the sort of defender Colo should be partnered with.

Without being too personal, I argued that signing Coloccini and selling Faye was daft but we ended up arguing over which one was better - my point then and now was that it was a good signing as long as Faye stayed.

I said after West Ham and how he played Cole I felt he would struggle against physical CFs like Yakubu, Jones and Heskey - I don't like being proved "right" and hope we can find a beast to play along side him.

I'm also slightly disappointed that for an Argentinian, he hasn't really hurt anyone yet.

He's probably the best defender we have when someone is running at him tbh, he doesn't lose many one on one's.

As I said in the match thread, now that Faye has gone we've lost the physical defender who wins everything in the air which is the sort of defender Colo should be partnered with.

Without being too personal, I argued that signing Coloccini and selling Faye was daft but we ended up arguing over which one was better - my point then and now was that it was a good signing as long as Faye stayed.

I said after West Ham and how he played Cole I felt he would struggle against physical CFs like Yakubu, Jones and Heskey - I don't like being proved "right" and hope we can find a beast to play along side him.

I'm also slightly disappointed that for an Argentinian, he hasn't really hurt anyone yet.

Faye wanted to go so your argument is/was pointless.

I'm also slightly disappointed that for an Argentinian, he hasn't really hurt anyone yet

I think Pavlyuchenko will disagree there