Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

looks so under confident atm I actually thought he was having a decent game until the second went it.interestingly when bass went off I thought he looked better making some great interceptions and some nice hwaders. Can't blame the players for yday was the management fault for the 2nd and after that the heads well and truly dropped.

Guest BooBoo

shyte players don't play for argentina i'm afraid.

I give you 1 christian bassedas

Yep. Its such a shit arguement to say "so and so must be brilliant because they get picked for their national team".

Nonsense really, Jermaine Jenas gets picked for England squads despite his lily livered nothing performances. Hell, what about Stephane Guivarch, a dreadful striker who incredibly bagged a World Cup winners medal.

He was truly terrible yesterday - in terms of performance and attitude unfortunately. At this point in time looks another expensive central defender unsuited to the Premier League and with the weight of a massive price tag making him look even worse than he is. Hopefully he can sort it out and turn it around because he's not the first foreign import to look appalling in his debut campaign.

Hangelaand is the immediate current example I can pluck. Looked a right carthorse when I saw him in his opening season at Fulham but seems to have got to grips with the league now and has adapted his performances to suit. He's been outstanding for Fulham this campaign.

Suppose it helps that he's about 7 inches taller than Fabricio like...

I am not sure on Hangeland as at least he improved the Fulham defence on joining them in the Jan & he helped them stay up that season. Colo has been with us a full a season & is getting worse. Vidic was up running in much quicker than some like to think when defending Colo.

He was truly terrible yesterday - in terms of performance and attitude unfortunately. At this point in time looks another expensive central defender unsuited to the Premier League and with the weight of a massive price tag making him look even worse than he is. Hopefully he can sort it out and turn it around because he's not the first foreign import to look appalling in his debut campaign.

Hangelaand is the immediate current example I can pluck. Looked a right carthorse when I saw him in his opening season at Fulham but seems to have got to grips with the league now and has adapted his performances to suit. He's been outstanding for Fulham this campaign.

Suppose it helps that he's about 7 inches taller than Fabricio like...

I still don't think he's a bad player, it just looks to me like he's not fancying it much any more, he's definitely way off the pace of the game ATM. He was standing up to attackers with much more conviction earlier in the season, recently he has looked less motivated to battle it out.

Babel Fish translation

Coloccini      =              Almost Bramble, nearly Boumsong.

The way he fell over in the box yesterday brought back memories. He is better than his recent performances suggest - I think.

Its amazing what a few people on here say about Coloccini like, it really is.  He's had his poor games, and he's had his good games but he's never been shocking!  Bramble and Boumsong were shocking, they actually gave teams numerous free goals.  At worst Coloccini has not prevented goals he should have done better with, but he never gifts goals to the other team.  Also at his best he looks like a really classy defender.

He's had an inconsistent first season, but he's been pretty solid overall.  Either way some people need to stop with the goldfish like memories, remember our past defenders and get some perspective for fuck sake!

Nonsense he has been consistently dreadful all season I've heard people continuously excuse him despite him costing our team what is a quite staggering amount of goals.

Surely his performance against Liverpool still sticks in people's minds no...? that 1 v 5 lost was unbearable I've been disgusted by performances at St James Park before but never have I been more disgusted at such a gutless and dismal performance in a Black and White shirt before as Coloccini put in that day at fault for the 2nd goal, 3rd and for the 4th he should of been hurled off for alone.

Quite staggering really the amount of goals he has cost us this season here just few off of that long list -

- Stoke Home 1st goal at fault turned and out paced by Ricardo Fuller... Bolton Away at fault for the only goal failed to spot the danger and come across to defend the ball in left Gardner completely free... Sunderland Home 1st goal far to deep then decided to try and play Cisse offside clueless idiot... West Brom Home at fault for 1st goal pulled to pieces by Ismeal Miller... Everton Away failed to mark his zone on the areal ball to let Falliani free to score... Fulham Away at fault for the second goal his reckless lunging tackle on Johnson gave away a easily preventable penalty... West Ham Away 1st goal at fault completely lost Craig Bellamy run I'll let him off the 2nd although arguably his fault also..  Blackburn Home dreadful marking on Santa Cruz for the second headed goal... Hull City Home at fault second goal turned by Marlon bloody King... Manchester United Home at fault for 1st goal far too tight on Wayne Rooney... West Ham Away at fault for third goal cowardly turned his back on Di Michele shot... and that isn't even all of them.................. 

For me his performances away at Chelsea, Boro and Manchester United were possible his only decent or good (if your kind) performances all season and at £10 million that's not good enough.

Quite rightly ousted from the Argentinian National Squad in recent months...

Cannot stand the bloke..

Well I thought he was surprisingly bad yesterday.......  :lol:

Guest palnese

It is his first season in England ffs. He need time to adapt. He doesn't even speak the fucking language. He has been decent, had his moments of brilliance and vice verca.

No fuckin wonder the press is all over us, not giving managers time in the jobb. It's exactly the same with players.

Its amazing what a few people on here say about Coloccini like, it really is.  He's had his poor games, and he's had his good games but he's never been shocking!  Bramble and Boumsong were shocking, they actually gave teams numerous free goals.  At worst Coloccini has not prevented goals he should have done better with, but he never gifts goals to the other team.  Also at his best he looks like a really classy defender.

He's had an inconsistent first season, but he's been pretty solid overall.  Either way some people need to stop with the goldfish like memories, remember our past defenders and get some perspective for fuck sake!

Nonsense he has been consistently dreadful all season I've heard people continuously excuse him despite him costing our team what is a quite staggering amount of goals.

Surely his performance against Liverpool still sticks in people's minds no...? that 1 v 5 lost was unbearable I've been disgusted by performances at St James Park before but never have I been more disgusted at such a gutless and dismal performance in a Black and White shirt before as Coloccini put in that day at fault for the 2nd goal, 3rd and for the 4th he should of been hurled off for alone.

Quite staggering really the amount of goals he has cost us this season here just few off of that long list -

- Stoke Home 1st goal at fault turned and out paced by Ricardo Fuller... Bolton Away at fault for the only goal failed to spot the danger and come across to defend the ball in left Gardner completely free... Sunderland Home 1st goal far to deep then decided to try and play Cisse offside clueless idiot... West Brom Home at fault for 1st goal pulled to pieces by Ismeal Miller... Everton Away failed to mark his zone on the areal ball to let Falliani free to score... Fulham Away at fault for the second goal his reckless lunging tackle on Johnson gave away a easily preventable penalty... West Ham Away 1st goal at fault completely lost Craig Bellamy run I'll let him off the 2nd although arguably his fault also..  Blackburn Home dreadful marking on Santa Cruz for the second headed goal... Hull City Home at fault second goal turned by Marlon bloody King... Manchester United Home at fault for 1st goal far too tight on Wayne Rooney... West Ham Away at fault for third goal cowardly turned his back on Di Michele shot... and that isn't even all of them.................. 

For me his performances away at Chelsea, Boro and Manchester United were possible his only decent or good (if your kind) performances all season and at £10 million that's not good enough.

Cannot stand the bloke..

Your gloating really pisses me off.

You call yourself "Gallowgate End" like you're a supporter, well we can do without "supporters" like you.

Guest neesy111

It is his first season in England ffs. He need time to adapt. He doesn't even speak the fucking language. He has been decent, had his moments of brilliance and vice verca.

No fuckin wonder the press is all over us, not giving managers time in the jobb. It's exactly the same with players.

if you pay 10 million for an international defender, then you should be getting a lot better performance's than his and we haven't got time on our sides

taylor and bassong held the whole defence together yesterday and it was no suprise that when bassong and then taylor went off the floodgates opened

It is his first season in England ffs. He need time to adapt. He doesn't even speak the f***ing language. He has been decent, had his moments of brilliance and vice verca.

if you pay 10 million for an international defender, then you should be getting a lot better performance's than his and we haven't got time on our sides

taylor and bassong held the whole defence together yesterday and it was no suprise that when bassong and then taylor went off the floodgates opened

correct. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Agree entirely.  :thup:

Steven Taylor in particular was outstanding defensively yesterday continuing on from him fine form he must wonder what he has to do to replace Coloccini must be quite demoralizing seeing such a consistently bad defender get picked ahead of you week in week out.

Guest Howaythetoon

One of the worst performances I've seen from a centre-back in a long time. Bramble and Boumsong esque at their worst would describe his "effort" yesterday. He was like a headless chicken and constantly ball watched and once again which is becoming a weekly routine of his he left his position time and time again, hence several blocks by the right-back (Taylor) who seeing a gap in the centre (reading the game) moved over to cover. My initial opening post was a knee-jerk reaction to a few poor performances admittedly but even then I saw enough chinks in his game to foresee what we are all starting to see now. Taylor gets an awful lot of stick on here and often rightly so due to his previous but he is a better defender than Colo and much less of a liability. He is a soft touch in all areas of his game and it infuriates me when he turns his back on the man or ball, constantly backs off and ball watches and then turgidly tries to get back or cover.

He was taking the piss after his mistake in trying to rally others. If I were Harper I would have slapped him in the dressing room for trying to play-off-side when he was at least several feet behind his fellow defenders, something which Harper noticed with a few "what the fuck are you doing" looks. Indeed. An unmitigated flop thus far and our weakest link in defence. Hopefully Beye will regain some sharpness and the two mugs on the touchline will see some sense and play him in Colo's place, keeping Taylor at right-back who hasn't put a foot wrong since moving there.

I always find the excuse of 1st year in PL as about worthy as saying a goalkeeper is a good shot stopper. Beye was voted player of the season last year in his first year & no doubt Bassong will win it this year in his first season.

I don't think Coloccini is truly going to make it at centreback for anyone. The reason being, despite possessing some of the skills required to be a good defender, he's a centreback who simply cannot perform an adequate slide tackle or last ditch lunge. He's shown that all season long. If a defender can't do that, then he needs to be bang on with his positioning and reading of the game, and obviously he isn't.

Nevertheless, I'd like to see him pushed up into anchor midfield for the remainder of the season, for three reasons:

1) Despite his poor defensive blunders, he does have some good defensive attributes that are being overshadowed by his mistakes.

2) It's getting absolutely ridiculous how easy our midfield is to simply jog past. Both our central midfielders yesterday couldn't give a shit about Arsenal midfielders bursting forward, it's as though as soon as the opposition midfielders were about five yards ahead of our midfielders they think it's fair to stop running whilst they ball watch at a standstill and just let the defenders deal with the opposition midfielders.

3) He's got a decent first touch and has decent passing, on top of supposedly having played in anchor midfield before. If he can't pass the ball for shit, then that's hardly too different to what we currently have in midfield.

Cannot stand the bloke..

He didn't have a good game no, does that prove he's been consistently dreadful all season?, no it doesn't  :doh:

Steven Taylor in particular was outstanding defensively yesterday continuing on from him fine form he must wonder what he has to do to replace Coloccini must be quite demoralizing seeing such a consistently bad defender get picked ahead of you week in week out.

He also should have been sent off for one of the most obvious forearm smashes I've ever seen, were would that have left us?

He also should have been sent off for one of the most obvious forearm smashes I've ever seen, were would that have left us?

We are talking after the event & he did not get sent off.